Biggest robbery: GSP vs Hendricks or Jones vs Reyes?

165051f62c8a061ae7fb1692fd87ccdb8cddcd94.gifv

098e44b956e4d25623d35fd537a519d9a1d17a9a.gifv

Bonus:

p39aqbqaodg41.gif

I
Fights are not scored based on who bruises or cuts more easily.

I HATE THIS TYPE OF RHETORIC.

1. At the time, written directly in the rules,
"DAMAGE" was not only A criteria for judging, it was a BIG one.

2. "who cuts more easily?" ??????

like a test was given, and Hendrick's skin wouldnt open when cut, but t GSPs did?

No, Hendricks just hits harder.

Anyone denying this should be immediately dismissed as a fool.

Last edited:
In my opinion both were hard fought, back and forth battles. I had Gsp/Hendricks a draw and Reyes winning but it could have gone either way. You must beat the long reigning champ decisively if you don’t want too feel disappointment when the judges call a winner. I don’t see a robbery in any of those fights.

GSP Hendricks easily. You can make an argument for Jon winning, even if you disagree with it, but you can't for GSP. The only reason GSP won was because 2 judges somehow gave him the first round.
I watched the first round quite a few times... Not sure how people were giving round 1 to GSP. Literally all he did in this round was get a quick takedown with a guillotine attempt, and Hendricks popped right back up to his feet. Aside from that, GSP did nothing in this round. Hendricks then out-muscled him in the clinch and was kneeing his leg constantly for a huge portion of the round. Mid way through the round, GSP picks up a single leg and Hendricks uppercuts him multiple times which busted up GSP's face. GSP attempts a takedown against the fence and Hendricks throws a few huge elbows to the side of GSP's head. End of round - GSP walks to his corner with a busted up face and Hendricks is completely unphased. Hendricks took zero damage in this round. GSP took a lot of damage and did nothing.

I wouldn't call it a robbery because it was a close fight (I thought Hendricks won). On MMA Decisions, there wasn't a single media score for GSP. All scored it for Hendricks. I was at a bar in Toronto, Canada (my hometown), at the end of the fight we were all saying "damn, GSP lost", even GSP's body language showed it. I'm not a GSP hater, I think he is the GOAT (overall resume taken into account including length of reign as #1, # of top 5 & top 10 wins, # of title defenses, 0 PED busts). Even if GSP lost that fight, I still think his overall resume still makes him the GOAT

Neither one was a robbery.

This.

"Robbery" gets thrown around much too easily. A robbery is not a controversial decision...it is not even a bad decision...it is an egregiously poor decision where it seems near-impossible to justify it.

It is quite fair to argue that Hendricks and Reyes deserved to win their respective fights...but sound arguments can be made for the decisions that were actually rendered.

Sherdog had Bisping winning vs Hamill, as did Fightmetric.

It's one of those fights that has mysteriously become one of the biggest robberys ever, even when it wasn't.

Why? Cuz lots of people have heard is was a robbery. Most people are sheep.

If that fight was in Nevada instead of London, it would have been a different winner.

Hammill dominated the first round, had multiple takedowns and landed the better shots in both 2nd and 3rd rounds. The vast majority of people who watched that fight thought Hammill deserved the nod, and even the 02 crowd booed the decision.

Sanchez vs. Pearson should also have been included in the OP.

GSP Hendricks easily. You can make an argument for Jon winning, even if you disagree with it, but you can't for GSP. The only reason GSP won was because 2 judges somehow gave him the first round.
I watched it again, and gave it to GSP. I was a HUGE hendricks fan and thought he was robbed, I stomped my feet and bitched about it for years. After watching it again without biased opinion, I completely see how they scored it for GSP. I honestly couldn't believe Jones won that fight. Ive even watched it again and still feel the exact same way

I'm not a Jones fan, never have been. I think he is a PED cheater. But, he did not lose the Reyes fight. Close fight, yes, robbery, no. GSP vs Hendricks was a closer fight.

I HATE THIS TYPE OF RHETORIC.

1. At the time, written directly in the rules,
"DAMAGE" was not only A criteria for judging, it was a BIG one.

2. "who cuts more easily?" ??????

like a test was given, and Hendrick's skin wouldnt open when cut, but t GSPs did?

No, Hendricks just hits harder.

Anyone denying this should be immediately dismissed as a fool.
I don't want to bring up GSP vs Hendricks
But just want to clarify on your 2nd point there

There are many contributing factors to why someone would show damage more easily, or why they would get cut more easily.

Someone with fair skin would show damage a lot easier than someone with dark skin.

Someone with lots of previous damage to their face would wear their damage more obviously, like a Nate Diaz. If you get your brow sliced open once, it'll never be the same. The scar tissue on the face tears easily.

Last edited:
Sherdog had Bisping winning vs Hamill, as did Fightmetric.

It's one of those fights that has mysteriously become one of the biggest robberys ever, even when it wasn't.

Why? Cuz lots of people have heard is was a robbery. Most people are sheep.

I watched the fight live and felt it was the biggest robbery in UFC's history. This summarizes the fight accuratly: https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1971154

And what did GSP do after the Hendricks fight? Did he want a rematch?

Please enlighten.

GSP announced before the fight he would have an announcement. Rumour was he was planning to take time off. He didnt decide anything because of he fight with Johny Hendricks. Thats just nonsense. He wasnt scared or whatever. He just said he was stepping away.

Bisping over Hammill was a robbery.

These two are debatable.

Yeah Bisping vs. Hamill was a legit robbery and the "Go back to wrestling" taunt after the decision made it come off even worse. Leonard Garcia's wins over both KZ and Nam Phan were also legit robberies.

Diego's "win" over Kampmann was also a robbery. Judges clearly thought "marching forward while blocking punches with your face" was the biggest factor.

Last edited:
GSP clearly lost and then went into hiding.

Jones won. Reyes did nothing to say that was a “robbery”.
Tbf Jones left the division and is demanding ridiculous amounts of money he knows he won't get for a superfight so... Both went into hiding imo

Jones decision was much worse than GSP. Lawler decision was worse than both. Bisping-Hammil is not even the same ballpark as any of these

Those are t robberies those are close fights.
Rampage vs ninja would be a robbery. Where there is a clear winner. And the loser wins.

Back