Biggest problem with Stephen A's position.

Ken Fresno

Interim Belt
@red
Reaction score
Obvious issues have been pointed out and countered by many people with far superior knowledge. Rogan, Luke Thomas, Josh Thomson, Conor, etc etc.

1) "Cerrone folded like a cheap tent" - The implication that he capitulated or "folded" mentally. He's come from behind in several fights, including world title fights. He was hurt by Guillard early, who started fights fast like Conor, with even more power for his size. Came back and starched him. He was hurt badly several times by Matt Brown and came back to win by KO. He was coming back to beat Jamie Varner for the WEC lightweight title before Varner faked an injury from a grazing illegal knee. He even had his best round against Nate Diaz "the cardio monster" in the 3rd, after getting his ass kicked for 2 rounds.

<TrumpWrong1>

2) "Cerrone folded in his first Pay Per View Event". As was stated, he has obviously fought on ppv cards, fought in main events, and fought for world titles. "First PPV Headliner" is a distinction I don't even know Stephen A understands.

<TrumpWrong1>

3) "We didn't learn anything about Conor". We learned that he can break a nose and/or orbital with shoulder strikes. We learned that he is throwing head kicks with more of intent to damage than to just distract. We learned that he is still as comfortable as ever with the pressure to perform on the stage he creates. We learned that he is not "completely finished".

<TrumpWrong1>

But the biggest issue with his statements in my opinion...

4) The constant repeating of "Conor did not show us that he could beat Khabib or JORGE MASVIDAL."

When the fuck did he ever have to show anyone that he could beat Jorge Masvidal? Jorge is not the champion. Jorge is not an unstoppable force. Jorge is not undefeated in 30 fights. He's not Khabib, or Usman. Jorge just showed up to this echelon, on a far more manicured path than anyone could ever say Conor took.

He caught an emaciated Darren Till, he beat what he described as an amateur bum in Ben Askren, and then he got a doctor's stoppage against Nate. Before that he was losing every other fight, and always going to decision, with his biggest win being none other than The Cheap Tent himself.

I guarantee Stephan A knows none of this, and just knows Jorge was the guy in the robe being discussed as a potential future opponent.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Didn’t read all of that, but the part about “folding like a cheap tent” was no metaphor as he really folded like the cheapest tent found at Walmart.

I more or less agree with everything you said.

But I think this has been discussed more than enough at this point. Giving Stephen A way more attention than he deserves.

Obvious issues have been pointed out and countered by many people with far superior knowledge. Rogan, Luke Thomas, Josh Thomson, Conor, etc etc.

1) "Cerrone folded like a cheap tent" - The implication that he capitulated or "folded" mentally. He's come from behind in several fights, including world title fights. He was hurt by Guillard early, who started fights fast like Conor, with even more power for his size. Came back and starched him. He was hurt badly several times by Matt Brown and came back to win by KO. He was coming back to beat Jamie Varner for the WEC lightweight title before Varner faked an injury from a grazing illegal knee. He even had his best round against Nate Diaz "the cardio monster" in the 3rd, after getting his ass kicked for 2 rounds.

<TrumpWrong1>

You just listed fighters who are not A level fighters..no one ever said he doesn't have wins. But when it comes to fighting A level guys it is fact he always loses no matter what kind of win streak or momentum he has going into it. He is a top 10 to 6 at best fighter. He always chokes the big ones.

SAS is a master at what he does. Which is getting attention for saying ignorant shit very loudly. He has no business covering MMA, but he does speak to the casual fan that has no idea of what they are watching either. ESPN went downhill for me once they started giving all these troll personalities like him and Skip Bayless a platform and stopped covering real sports and became a drama network.

Honestly, this is a perfect description. Everyone on here just hates cuz its Joe Rogan and Schaub talking about it and for some reason its fun for people to hate on successful people.

Theres also a ton of NBA/NFL fans who aren't diehard MMA fans but watched what he said because they watch Mcgregor.

NBA is not UFC and the sports need to be treated differently when your talking about analysts

Jorge just showed up to this echelon, on a far more manicured path than anyone could ever say Conor took.

<LikeReally5>

Conor was given a title shot after beating Dennis Siver. Jorge's path has been far more difficult.

afa20089fc7f336a53b868f2bcf8e2a9.jpg

I mean like most fighters Cerrone can be in a different spot mentally for some fights but yeah it's not like he didn't get fucked up right off the bat. If he quit then Mendes and Poirier did as well.

Didn’t read all of that, but the part about “folding like a cheap tent” was no metaphor as he really folded like the cheapest tent found at Walmart.

Bingo

and TS just being petty and nitpicking with his other points

You just listed fighters who are not A level fighters..no one ever said he doesn't have wins. But when it comes to fighting A level guys it is fact he always loses no matter what kind of win streak or momentum he has going into it. He is a top 10 to 6 at best fighter. He always chokes the big ones.
I mean Benson and Eddie were both champs so... I'd put Benson ahead of Pettis overall (I'd also put Cerrone ahead of Pettis overall as well). He's been top 5 multiple times and as high as #2. 8 fight win streak at 155 and even after clearly being past his prime he still managed to crack the top 5 at 155 again.

He won the second round against Nate on 1/3 scorecards (I thought he won it) and lost the third on all of them (I think he lost it) but other than that you're correct

Let's just be grateful we only have to ignore the SAS and Skip Bayless's of the world occasionally in MMA instead of all the time like other sports

Rogan is ridiculous

His hypothesis is that unless you are a mma fighter or an expert., you should not have an opinion.. Even though multiple pros and experts agree with smiths opinion

Mma is a uniquely tougher endeavor than anything ever.. Lol

You can't do it with comedy either because "you just don't understand funny'

In his mind any criticism or thought that doesn't align with his opinion stupidity

Yet he lets fighters ramble about the most moronic crap for hours on his podcast

You hate your shitty cubicle job and you aren't following your dreams basically.

Needs more alphabrain

Last edited:
<LikeReally5>

Conor was given a title shot after beating Dennis Siver.

Conor's resume from his first 4 UFC fights, before Siver, is better than Jorge's whole career.

You got to post ur pic and drop ur cherry picked stat for the 1,000th time.

Now tell me who Jorge beat that's better than Holloway and Poirier?

Last edited:
I more or less agree with everything you said.

But I think this has been discussed more than enough at this point. Giving Stephen A way more attention than he deserves.

I haven't seen anyone mention how he repeatedly put Khabib and Masvidal in the same sentence as the measuring stick for Conor's greatness. That's what this is about.

I referenced a title fight in my first point you illiterate gump.

we didn't learn anything about conor. this was a hand picked fight for a reason. beat the guy who got KOd in 3 straight fights and should retire, whoop-dee-friggin-doo

Conor's resume from his first 4 UFC fights, before Siver, is better than Jorge's whole career.

You got to post ur pic and drop ur cherry picked stat for the 1,000th.

Now tell me who Jorge beat that's better than Holloway and Poirier?

Holloway and Poirier from 2013-14?

{<jordan}

Are you joking? Till, Askren, and Diaz are bigger wins especially considering McGrappler was fighting at FW to beat those guys while Jorge is comfortably at WW.

Since you're completely clueless and stuck on Conor's balls I'll give it to you for the 1001'th time.

Back