Biggest moments of cowardice in politics

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
220px-Neville_Chamberlain.jpg

Kinda hard to top this guy.

The guy who declared war on Germany and supported Churchill, who then made him a member of the 5 person war cabinet?

Learning history by memes isn't an education.

The guy who declared war on Germany and supported Churchill, who then made him a member of the 5 person war cabinet?

Learning history by memes isn't an education.

No, the guy who ceded the Sudetenland to Hitler in the name of "peace" (despite Hitler's intentions being absolutely clear) and then lead what was dubbed at the time the "Phoney War" in the British press because from September 3, 1939 til May 10, 1940 they did jackshit to try and stop the Wehrmacht.

France fought harder than the UK in this time period.

Chamberlain's inability to aid the Finn's during the Winter War and the subsequent bungling of the Allied "campaign" in Norway resulted in the Norway Debate in the House of Commons which forced Chamberlain out of office.

And as for Churchill? Consistently opposed and criticized Chamberlain's policy of appeasement.

Yeah, he was a coward and a very stupid one at that.

What stands out to you as a big moment in political cowardice? For me it was Trump bringing Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct accusers to the debate, right after the "grab em by the pussy" audio got released.
I think that was dirty politics being answered with dirty politics, not cowardice.

I wouldn't call this cowardice either considering Bernie's age but it did make him look weak af.

SelfassuredAdvancedFowl-size_restricted.gif

Btw whatever happened to BLM?

Most recently, Democratic nominees pandering to Gabbard voters and Republican senators keeping quiet about Trump's abuse of power.
Huh? Biggest moments of cowardice and you pull this?

It's because Gabbard fought back against that psycho Hillary huh?

Trump's abuse of powers? More like the Democrats block everything no matter what, attack him 24/7 so he out IQs them. Everything Trump has done so far has been legal. Checks and balances, look into them.

Barack Obama setting race relations back about 4 decades with his divisive words, us vs them rhetoric, never backing the police, always backing minorities, BLM and never calling out Muslim terrorists as terrorists.

The divider in Chief, Barack Obama, I salute you as your moment in cowardice was your entire Presidential run.

How do you like them apples @Slick_36 @James Bomb @woodguyatl

Barack Obama setting race relations back about 4 decades with his divisive words, us vs them rhetoric, never backing the police, always backing minorities, BLM and never calling out Muslim terrorists as terrorists.

The divider in Chief, Barack Obama, I salute you as your moment in cowardice was your entire Presidential run.

How do you like them apples @Slick_36 @James Bomb @woodguyatl
<JagsKiddingMe>

Huh? Biggest moments of cowardice and you pull this?

It's because Gabbard fought back against that psycho Hillary huh?

Trump's abuse of powers? More like the Democrats block everything no matter what, attack him 24/7 so he out IQs them. Everything Trump has done so far has been legal. Checks and balances, look into them.
<45>

I think that was dirty politics being answered with dirty politics, not cowardice.

I wouldn't call this cowardice either considering Bernie's age but it did make him look weak af.

SelfassuredAdvancedFowl-size_restricted.gif

Btw whatever happened to BLM?
I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do there. More a fault of the event organizers for letting it get that out of hand. The guy has fought for civil rights since the 60's, he is on their side. Either he butts heads with those assholes and gets called a hypocrite or he lets them speak and gets called a coward. It was a double edge sword.

lots if issues with this but how is it cowardice?
Without question Obama always backs certain people over others, no matter what. He didn't give it one modicum of a thought that Clock Boy might actually be a asshole troll.

Unfortunately for Obama people did notice this and didn't like it. What a uniter!

No, the guy who ceded the Sudetenland to Hitler in the name of "peace" (despite Hitler's intentions being absolutely clear) and then lead what was dubbed at the time the "Phoney War" in the British press because from September 3, 1939 til May 10, 1940 they did jackshit to try and stop the Wehrmacht.

Chamberlain's inability to aid the Finn's during the Winter War and the subsequent bungling of the Allied "campaign" in Norway resulted in the Norway Debate in the House of Commons which forced Chamberlain out of office.

And as for Churchill? Consistently opposed and criticized Chamberlain's policy of appeasement.

By 3 anonymous journalists called it the phoney war (one turned out to be michael foot) you're confusing contemporary partisan political rhetoric for objective fact.

They launched a large scale economic warfare against Germany , I take it everyone who put sanctions on Russia, instead of Invading them, after Crimea are similiar cowards as well?

The Norway invasion was a continuation of the plans to aid Finland but the Winter War stopped before the UK could get there. They then moved onto Norway and that was a disaster but not a measure of cowardice just competence.

Some people think it's wrong to accuse a fellow democratic lawmaker of being a "Russian asset" who is secretly scheming to launch a third-party presidential bid to help Trump beat the party's nominee. Go figure!

Word.

I am not a Democrat, but come on. Tulsi is incredibly Liberal in her ideology and positions. It's stunning to watch the establishment castigate her, and so very many Democrats are willing to follow. It seems the candidates, save Liz Warren, realize it's batshit crazy rhetoric and the disgusting reason why Hillary is doing it. But, so many of the active Leftists, like many that post here, are all good with vilifying a star that should be the future of the party. They come off as real sheep.

I don't even think many know what is actually behind it all. It's Hillary Clinton's corrupt vindictive nature. Tulsi always knew, but needed to have Clinton directly attack her before she could call out "The Queen", or it would be a "conspiracy theory" by the MSM echo chamber. Well, Hillary slipped up, and now Tulsi can respond, as she has been patiently waiting to do since the 2016 Primaries. Kudos to Tulsi for biding her time.

During the 2016 Primaries, Tulsi was the Co-Chair of the DNC. When Tulsi saw the corruption of DWS, Donna Brazille, and Stephanie Blake Rawlings and how they were having the DNC support Hillary, Tulsi called it out and resigned. She was not for the dirty dealing targeting Bernie from the DNC. Ever since then, Hillary Clinton has been trying to politically hurt Tulsi Gabbard. It's all about revenge. It's all about Hillary Clinton being pissed that Tulsi refused to kiss the Queen's ring.

Word.

I am not a Democrat, but come on. Tulsi is incredibly Liberal in her ideology and positions. It's stunning to watch the establishment castigate her, and so very many Democrats are willing to follow. It seems the candidates, save Liz Warren, realize it's batshit crazy rhetoric and the disgusting reason why Hillary is doing it. But, so many of the active Leftists, like many that post here, are all good with vilifying a star that should be the future of the party. They come off as real sheep.

I don't even think many know what is actually behind it all. It's Hillary Clinton's corrupt vindictive nature. Tulsi always knew, but needed to have Clinton directly attack her before she could call out "The Queen", or it would be a "conspiracy theory" by the MSM echo chamber. Well, Hillary slipped up, and now Tulsi can respond, as she has been patiently waiting to do since the 2016 Primaries. Kudos to Tulsi for biding her time.

During the 2016 Primaries, Tulsi was the Co-Chair of the DNC. When Tulsi saw the corruption of DWS, Donna Brazille, and Stephanie Blake Rawlings and how they were having the DNC support Hillary, Tulsi called it out and resigned. She was not for the dirty dealing targeting Bernie from the DNC. Ever since then, Hillary Clinton has been trying to politically hurt Tulsi Gabbard. It's all about revenge. It's all about Hillary Clinton being pissed that Tulsi refused to kiss the Queen's ring.
It was a fucking insane statement to make, but who is actually backing it up? I've seen nothing but criticism for Hillary on that one.

I'm going to guess you haven't read many sources from that era, for example, such as MOD strongly advising the government to stay out of wars for a few years while rearming as they were not confident to take on Germany and Japan in the 1930s.
We also already know that Hitler signed off on an invasion of Czechoslovakia before Munich, which raises the question, how in the fuck was Britain supposed to stop an invasion of a landlocked country that was on the other side of a hostile power?
And we also know, based on contemporary sources, that Hitler was furious about Munich and felt it was a defeat for Germany.

Learn your history before going with the popular conceptions that are often inaccurate. Though I'll give you slight credit for not trying to say "Peace in our Time."

People begging for the job after getting personally attacked by Trump

MXC2DNZAY45NBM5JOGVLP3NUPQ.png

trump_romney_dinner_2k_10.5.19.jpg

All of congress for allowing this
114580086.0.0.jpg

Draft dodgers slandering and questioning Kerry's patriotism
gallery_medium.jpg

Republicans in the reign of Trump are without doubt the biggest cowards and hypocrites we have ever seen.

Back