Biggest mismatch this sunday?

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Aside from McGregor vs Siver, what are the other obvious mismatches this Sunday?

For me, it has to be Hall vs Stallings ............... Hall is a striking ace, an athletic freak, and he has demonstarted that he can get the job done even when presented with adversity (the toe injury in his last outing). Stallings on the other hand is a relative unknown, who, even if he'd had a full camp, would still be the underdog. He has accepted the fight on short notice, and for me, he's going to get steamrolled.

Thoughts?

Ofcourse Hall vs Stalling is on paper, but we know Hall has been inconsistent aswell.

We'll have to see sunday night.

The books agree with you. Hall is the 2nd biggest betting favorite on the card.

Does Uriah Hall finish fights? Not really. Except on TUF. I think Stallings has a better chance than some others.

People said the same about the doomsday fight, yet look how that turned out

siver will prove bookies wrong

Yes you are right he a chance to make the fight go over a round and a half if he sprints around the octagon for 7:30 non stop and proves the bookies wrong for thinking he will crumple like a cheap tent in less then a round and a half.....Outside shot but hey

Stallings is fighting on a 1 week notice, there was no other way to make the fight happen. Of course it's a mismatch.

Ofcourse Hall vs Stalling is on paper, but we know Hall has been inconsistent aswell.

We'll have to see sunday night.

McGregor vs Siver is the biggest mismatch on paper. Conor is -1200 and Hall -1000.

I think the first match is a total missmatch.

I dont think Tateki Matsuda is ufc caliber. So he will probably be defeated in the first or second round and then be released.

The Hall match is also a missmatch, but only due to the lack of time his opponent got to train against him.
Besides those 2 bouts. I dont think there are other missmatches.

Last time in Boston, John Howard stepped up to a higher weight class on short notice to fight Uriah Hall and look what happened there. Not saying Stallings is as good as Howard, but who knows... Hall is inconsistent.

People said the same about the doomsday fight, yet look how that turned out

At least Doomday had proved himself to some degree inside the UFC. Stallings we haven't seen against "UFC caliber" dudes yet.

Back