5. Japan
6. England
7. South Korea
8. Australia
9. Poland
10. China
11. Ireland
121,121. India

Another potential big market (moneywise) would be Germany. But for some reason it just wont start off there.

Kmart, McDonald's & Toys "R" Us.
All the'yd have to do if replace WWE merchandise with UFC merchandise, easy!

Sweden I think is even bigger than Ireland and China, not sure tho

1.USA
2.Brazil
3.Canada
4.Japan
5.UK
6.Sweden
7.Russia
8.Poland
9.S.Korea
10. Who cares

Also Philippines should be at least in top 15.
How many other countries had an MMA event with 18k attendance?

USA, Canada and Brazil are the only countries that the UFC has cracked.

For some reason it just won't take off anywhere else. Russia seems to be able to produce fighters but the general public just don't care, no one in Russia knows who Fedor is. Boxers like Povetkin and Valuev are way more popular than Fedor in Russia.

It is still known as Cage Fighting in the UK and not many people would know what you were talking about if you said UFC or MMA. They finally got a proper TV deal in the UK though but it is a subscription channel so only a select audience will be exposed to it. Michael Bisping is virtually unheard of, the only celeb MMA fighter in the UK is a guy called Alex Reid who is a cross dressing, cage fighting, reality tv star who married a well known glamour model (briefly).

I think due to the size of Ireland, pretty much everyone will know about MMA just because of Conor Mcgregor and the way he is being promoted. Whether they will like it or not is another matter. I don't see it competing with Boxing.

Philipines have the most underrated markets. Chuck Lidell himself told White that they have great market. And most asian-based organizations go to Philipines to get some crowd. PXC, ONE FC, the biggest events are in Philipines.

South Korea, is a decent market that it could be compared to a state-load of market of USA. But making money is another question.

USA, Canada and Brazil are the only countries that the UFC has cracked.

For some reason it just won't take off anywhere else. Russia seems to be able to produce fighters but the general public just don't care, no one in Russia knows who Fedor is. Boxers like Povetkin and Valuev are way more popular than Fedor in Russia.

It is still known as Cage Fighting in the UK and not many people would know what you were talking about if you said UFC or MMA. They finally got a proper TV deal in the UK though but it is a subscription channel so only a select audience will be exposed to it. Michael Bisping is virtually unheard of, the only celeb MMA fighter in the UK is a guy called Alex Reid who is a cross dressing, cage fighting, reality tv star who married a well known glamour model (briefly).

I think due to the size of Ireland, pretty much everyone will know about MMA just because of Conor Mcgregor and the way he is being promoted. Whether they will like it or not is another matter. I don't see it competing with Boxing.

Do you realize how good m-1 does in Russia?

Poland has potential also

Another potential big market (moneywise) would be Germany. But for some reason it just wont start off there.

I don't think it's allowed on TV there. same happens in Spain, where boxing is considered a bad for children and can't be on TV from 7:00 to 22:00.

Philippines are surely in front of china, ireland, india and maybe australia and south korea

I think obviously the biggest 3 are usa, brazil, and canada. I think:
1. USA
2. Brazil
3. Canada
4. Russia
5. Japan
6. England
7. South Korea
8. Australia
9. Poland
10. Philippines
11. China

Fixed. Philippines would be higher than china, simply cause they've sold out > 10k arenas constantly.

Back in 2010 Germany banned MMA from TV. I don't know if that still applies but political opposition is obviously strong. I would equate it to the opposition MMA had in the US in the late 90's early 2000.

I think obviously the biggest 3 are usa, brazil, and canada. I think:
1. USA
2. Brazil
3. Canada
4. Russia
5. Japan
6. England
7. South Korea
8. Australia
9. Poland
10. China
11. Ireland
121,121. India

1. USA - obviously the biggest market.

2. Brazil - definitely the biggest market outside of the US.

3. Canada - definitely has a presence but it's overstated.

4. Russia - definitely a big & growing market for MMA.

5. Japan - MMA & pro-wrestling have been dying for a long time & most people have probably never heard of the UFC - could be a resurgence in future, at the moment though it's pretty dead there.

6. England - MMA still has a relatively small presence here. People are aware of MMA, but marketwise, at the moment it's not a big one compared to Boxing, not sure if it will ever be in the public eye or mainstream the way boxing is here.

7. South Korea - definitely an emerging/growing market for MMA, could potentially be a huge market for MMA.

8. Australia - pretty similar to the UK, MMA is not mainstream or particularly big.

9. Poland - big market for MMA, think this should be after Russia.

10. China - a big market but MMA is relatively non-existent here.

11. Ireland - not to sure about.

12. India - same as China, MMA is relatively non-existent here.

Canada. They need to come to Saskatchewan. We will seel out a card headlined by patrick cote if it was ufc brand. Bellator would be awesome to

Some of y'all seem to be rating (Hello) Japan a bit high, perhaps based off past glory.

Back