Biggest hype train derailments in UFC history?

Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez. How many times i had to hear: He's just a smaller version of him how's he going to win?

WAR Cain.

The definition of hype train derailment is brock lesnar.

Kimbo slice is right there with him.

Thank God you don't work for Merriam Webster then. You have no idea what the definition is if you consider Brock, a UFC HW Champion, a derailed hype-train.

And Kimbo had a legit hype-train? I know people were anxious to see him bang...and lose. I don't know anyone who considered him a contender (many didn't even consider him a legit MMA fighter).

Please, try again.

There are a number of trolls in this thread...lets just ignore them

Wanderlei Silva? Really? Fedor? Brock?

No sorry but all these guys backed their hype up by destroying people's faces

Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez. How many times i had to hear: He's just a smaller version of him how's he going to win?

WAR Cain.

Again, not a hype-train. That would be people favoring him over another fighter. He was already the champ, how was he hype and not legit?

i dont see how people like wand, cro cop, and machida are hype trains when theyve proven how good they were many times.

When Pete spratt beat Robbie lawler

The scary part is that I don't think they're trolls. I think they really have no clue what they are talking about....like many P4P discussions hahaha.

Might not be UFC or even MMA, but Rulon Gardner derailed the shit out of the Karelin train.

Might not be UFC or even MMA, but Rulon Gardner derailed the shit out of the Karelin train.

im not sure if you're kidding but once again, whats up with labeling legends as hype trains? so because someone loses that means all of their victories are erased?

I disagree with the Hype thing as far as Lesnar goes he was a novice in the sport who accomplished more then he should have. When he got sick everyone knew he wouldn't be same anymore and it was evident his last 3 fights so I don't there was a whole lot of hype surrounding him. As much as I hate to say it Cain is just that good.

Then that would exclude anyone who destroyed someones face, like Sokudjou, from being a hype train. Who the fuck is hype if not Soku, the guy who bested some top dogs in Pride for a minute and then withered into obscurity?

Totally, and Leon Spinks derailed Muhammad Ali's hype train, lol.

Let's just refer to any old GOAT's following as a hype train from now on. That'll make sense.

Kind of hard to be a hype train when you've already won Olympic gold three times by that point.

Charles Olivera comes to mind also. not the biggest derailment, but still off it's tracks.

Again, not a hype-train. That would be people favoring him over another fighter. He was already the champ, how was he hype and not legit?

I can agree he was accomplished but imo that doesn't mean he's exempt from being over hyped. I guess it's just too dif. ways of looking at it.

im not sure if you're kidding but once again, whats up with labeling legends as hype trains? so because someone loses that means all of their victories are erased?

No shit. Karelin wasn't hype, he was legit and his loss to Rulon was just the end of an era of pure dominance.

I thought you were going to talk about when he referred to the next Anderson Silva, Phillipe Nover.

He compared him to AS as well? LMAO. I liked Nover though, even though I couldn't remember his name off the top of my head.

Back