Biggest gatekeeper @ UFC ?

UFC GOAT Gatekeeper is

• Total voters
I don't see Glover Teixeira as an option here and that's disrespectful. Dude's turned back Karl Roberson, Ion Cutelaba, and Nikita Krylov back to back to back. All 3 killer prospects and he did it at or around 40 years of age.

Put some respect on my man's name.
He is now an option aswell , thanks for noticing that

seems to me Cerrone has been the Goatkeeper since WEC days though. like...constantly and consistently.

20151220051048_IMG_8076.JPG

Obvious answer: Cerrone, but imo its Rumble, always the contender/gatekeeper, never the champ, very few defeats.

Chad Mendez is the goat gatekeeper.

If you beat him you are elite/champ material

Hard to go with Cowboy because he switches back and fourth between classes.

Blaydes is a gate keeper and hes the biggest.

Thread went to shit once you put nick and Nate on the same line ....

But nate is the biggest gate keeper the ufc ever had period.

Nick was never a gate keeper and was always top 5 fighter bud

How about Jacare? Never fought for the belt and if you look at his resume, everyone he lost to at MW (sans Hermansson so far) eventually did. At the same time he also prevented guys like Mousasi, Brunson, Boetch, Camozzi, Okami, Carmont, etc from advancing to the top of the division

recency bias in this poll

the goat gatekeeper is Clay Guida
I picked Cerrone because he's got all the records. Clay is right on the fence though, he's beaten a lot of big names that Cerrone has lost too. Both are stellar gatekeepers regardless. It's mind boggling that they've still never fought each other.

Nick was never a gate keeper and was always top 5 fighter bud
Nick has 1 top 10 win in his entire career. lol at "he's always an elite top 5 fighter"

Back