Biggest gap in experience in a pro bout?

RDUBYA

an oldie but a goodie
@Black
Reaction score
I've just seen that Jeremy Horn returned to MMA this year and fought a guy with zero recorded pro fights

Horn is W92-L22-D5-NC1 and that is just whats on fight finder.

I can recall Minowa fighting a 0-0 dude...any more as ridiculous?

Khabib Nurmagomedov (15-0) vs. Vadim Sandulskiy (0-0)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (13-0) vs. Kadzhik Abadzhyan (1-1)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (12-0) vs. Ashot Shaginyan (0-2)

Any of the major players coming off a string of losses in mid-late 90s Pancrase.

Hiroshi Izumi against Gegard Mousasi

Pretty big gap in the KID/Warren fight too but it's okay if that's better off left unmentioned.

Fedor Emelianenko (34-4-1NC) vs. Jaideep Singh (2-0)
Fedor Emelianenko (32-4-1NC) vs. Satoshi Ishii (4-1-1)
Fedor Emelianenko (28-1-1NC) vs. Choi Hong-man (1-0)
Fedor Emelianenko (17-1) vs. Yuji Nagata (0-1)

good provocation but they've all been in fights before and are tough dudes

IMO this is the biggest mismatch

Any of the major players coming off a string of losses in mid-late 90s Pancrase.

Hiroshi Izumi against Gegard Mousasi

Pretty big gap in the KID/Warren fight too but it's okay if that's better off left unmentioned.

Warren/Kid was well matched IMO

Warren was allowed to use wrestling shoes and PEDs

Fedor Emelianenko (34-4-1NC) vs. Jaideep Singh (2-0)
Fedor Emelianenko (32-4-1NC) vs. Satoshi Ishii (4-1-1)
Fedor Emelianenko (28-1-1NC) vs. Choi Hong-man (1-0)
Fedor Emelianenko (17-1) vs. Yuji Nagata (0-1)

<[analyzed}>

doesn't look great on paper

IMO this is the biggest mismatch

Indeed, Ben Rothwell was 0-0 while his opponent was 1-1 before the fight (his one win is over the sole member of the Outlaw Fight Team Joe "3-21" Nameth, who of course has a loss to Travis Fulton), Ben should have fought another guy making his pro debut instead of this veteran who is easily 2 weight classes over him <{hughesimpress}>

Indeed, Ben Rothwell was 0-0 while his opponent was 1-1 before the fight (his one win is over the sole member of the Outlaw Fight Team Joe "3-21" Nameth, who of course has a loss to Travis Fulton), Ben should have fought another guy making his pro debut instead of this veteran who is easily 2 weight classes over him <{hughesimpress}>

and Horn is the ref? cant make it out for sure due to 240p res

and Horn is the ref? cant make it out for sure due to 240p res
Well that's what a guy says in the youtube comments section, and it seemed plausible... but after looking it up, it's apparently Jeff Curran with a goatee. o_O
(Lots of guys tend to look like Horn when they grow goatees)

I can recall Minowa fighting a 0-0 dude...any more as ridiculous?

Minowaman fought a lot of 0-0 dudes, but much like Fedor's opponents listed ITT, they all had a bunch of fights in other disciplines.

But my favorite Super HLUK vs 0-0 was by far was when he welcomed Bart Gunn to PRIDE Bushido.
(oh shit, my bad, I had completely forgotten that Gunn had beaten Cabbage a few months before that)

And the saddest one was when he crippled that pro boxer kid with the meanest achilles lock at a Inoki Genome event... lemme check... Göran "The Wolf" Jettingstad, in 2014.

But accord to the guy's facebook, he's not actually crippled, even if his leg was bent backward
"But according to the doctors it's not like I'll be a cripple for the rest of my days, might even be able to go for a jogging trip at the end of the year, assuming I do well at rehab and rest a lot."

Back