Biggest financial mistake

Buying a house with an ex gf and putting up the whole down payment while agreeing that she’d pay me back the half monthly. She cut back how much she was working so that money just went back into life things instead of savings. Then when we broke up and sold the house she was entitled to half because her name was on the title as well. 8k for the down payment and 50k from the house

Nope, this was in LA. I'm sure in whatever video you watched they accounted for every single attempt and every meeting they went to. Not one second or trip was left out. You probably even know what they had for lunch every day.

Sorry I have to call bs on you as well, or someone was trying to scam you.

$10k for half a stake of a game is WAY to low.

The guy who made minecraft was a successful programmer before he quit his job to finish the game--there's no way a guy like that sells out his idea for less than 1 months salary. A more realistic figure would be 100k for a 20% share.

Last edited:
Sorry I have to call bs on you as well, or someone was trying to scam you.

$10k for half a stake of a game is WAY to low.

The guy who made minecraft was a successful programmer before he quit his job to finish the game--there's now way a guy like that sells out his idea for less than 1 months salary. A more realistic figure would be 100k for a 20% share.
I did actually get scammed at that party. I dumped 11k into an online betting ap along with pretty much everyone there and the three guys decided to fuck off to Costa Rica with our money. Damn you Crystal world holdings.

Financing a brand new truck them moving out of my parents house 2 months later. When the recession came around I had to wait almost 2 years to buy a house. 2013 was still a great year to buy a house but 2011 would have been a hell of a lot better.

I was in my 20s during the recession but I learned a lot. I benefited from it greatly by getting a house for cheap but more importantly learning to always live well within your means

Spent $200 on strippers

Starting a successful company with my crazy wife who divorced me at the height of it's profitability and made off with ~70% of my assets. Wish I knew about communal property law back then <Lmaoo>

Nothing particularly sexy.

2008/2009 when stocks were cheap. I chose to stop investing because the market was down. Not that I’d be filthy rich now but I shouldn’t just stayed the course through those years.

LOL..
First of I spent 13 years in the gaming industry. Management /research positions.
I was one of the first people outside Rovio to see Angry Birds.
I know the people that made Candy Crush Saga a success.
My former colleague started what became one of the top game developer schools in Northern Europe.
I know investors that focus on games.
I could go on.... But you should get the picture..

And I know a lot of guys and girls that founded game companies.
NOBODY in their right mind would give up 50% for 10K...

Secondly Mojang had 3 founders.... All had full time job at the time.
They also released Mindcraft as an alpha and made money from that.
Investors came to them wanting to invest millions. They got turned down.

And btw I have contacts that know Markus.
That’s a CSB

Not really that bad, but like 12 years ago I bought Tesla stock at around $15 per share, give or take. No one knew Tesla then and I thought they might collapse and be worthless, so I only bought 6 stocks at the time. Today it's $640 a share. I should have bought a few hundred shares. Oh well... it's all good.

Dropped $27,000 over a period of 20 years on a MUD game for imaginary artifacts.

A plus 3 sword is $1700

Dropped $27,000 over a period of 20 years on a MUD game for imaginary artifacts.

A plus 3 sword is $1700
Lol, during the first days of WoW my brother and I charged so much money to run people through raids just for the chance at getting artifacts. We quit our factory jobs to do it full time for a few years because we were making so much money... And getting so fat.

Back