Biggest fall from grace in UFC

Mirko Cro Cop has had the biggest fall from grace, in my opinion.

He was destroying everybody so badly in Pride, then when he came to the UFC, he wasn't the same fighter at all. His movement wasn't even close to being the same and that was a HUGE part of his game. He got KO'd by Gonzaga and was never the same, wasn't even half the fighter he was in Pride and just fell off from there rather quickly.

Mirko simply wasn't comfortable with fighting in the cage. Some people act like that's an excuse - but seriously, Mirko had been fighting in a ring for his entire career until he got to the UFC. Mirko had been fighting professionally in a ring for 11 years by time he was signed to the UFC. He started his pro kickboxing in 1996 and when he went over to MMA, he was still in a ring up until 2007, so he was in a ring for 11 years, pretty much.

So, all of Mirko's training had been in a ring. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't even have an octagon in his gym to train in for his debut in the UFC and his first 3 fights there. He then went back into the ring after his loss to Kongo (didn't Kongo just assault his nutsack with knees the entire time? I forget) and eventually came back to the UFC not that long after since that's where the real money and competition is.

He just wasn't used to the octagon. He couldn't move around as freely as he did in the ring, where he always trained and always competed. Mirko was sensational in the ring. His movement was just crazy to watch. The way he cut angles around his opponent and countered them with that straight left and how he was able to set up his head kick, man, he was truly something to watch. Then, in the UFC, he didn't move around like he used to at all. He just couldn't, he wasn't comfortable with being in the cage, he wasn't used to the environment and I really do believe that effected him.

He was KTFO by Gonzaga and was never the same after. Mirko was never the same after that head kick loss to Gonzaga, that was a brutal loss. After that, he just declined. He just wasn't the same fighter, wasn't even half the fighter he was in Pride.

The fact he had such a long career already by time he got in the UFC is something to take into consideration, along with not being comfortable in the cage and IIRC, didn't even have a cage to train in for quite awhile, then getting KTFO by Gonzaga via head kick, if karma exists, then that's fucking karma right there.

Some may call it an excuse and that the competition in the UFC is just better, but seriously, he lost to Gonzaga via head kick KO after having an amazing career in Pride fighting the best HW's in the world. Pride had THE best HW's in the world for many years. He fought Fedor and went to fucking war with him. Fought Nogueira and went to fucking war with him. He fought TONS of HW's in Pride that would've destroyed Gonzaga so easily.

The ring was a HUGE thing with Mirko. The ring is his home. Some people are better in a ring, some people are better in a cage. Every fighter is different. If Mayweather had to fight in a cage (yes, in boxing), I'm sure he would still win but I bet he wouldn't be as effective and dominant as he is in the ring. He has spent his entire career in the ring. Training there and fighting there. Making a sudden switch to a completely different stage, from a ring to a cage that has such a different shape to it that short of a time, and also because he (Mirko) didn't have a cage to train in (I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have a cage in his gym to train it for a good while, not sure if he even has one now, honestly), that's a pretty big factor and can change a lot of things. Let's not forget about the different rules, too. Gonzaga's elbows were a big factor in his fight with Mirko, Mirko wasn't used to that and got destroyed by them on the mat and then demolished by that head kick on the feet after taking a beating on the mat.

So, if I have to pick any fighter who has had the biggest fall from grace in not just the UFC, but in all of MMA, I would say Mirko Cro Cop. He went from one of the most feared HW's in the world to not even top 10 in quite a short while, honestly. It's pretty sad, too. It's actually sad seeing Mirko lose by KO.

Anyway, this msg is long enough. See ya later by's!!!

Brandon Vera. Talking about holding two belts, negotiates a horrendous contract that saw him lose millions, then plummets down the rankings.

Brandon Vera. Talking about holding two belts, negotiates a horrendous contract that saw him lose millions, then plummets down the rankings.

He never really was anywhere though. Just a big talker that made a fool of himself

Chael saved himself by just manning up at the end, admitting and taking his punishment.

Jones, has some peoples sympathy in that he clearly is badly advised, hangs out with the wrong people and is in danger of screwing his life up..

Anderson yesterday turned himself into a laughing stock.

The same can probably be said of Wand.

Being a doper is one thing, screwing up your personal life is another thing, but when people are just laughing at you.

Chael has no shame admitting he cheated. That's why he's GOAT - not a top fighter yet fought in main events.

cheal has no chame and admitted after trying everything to save his face

even came up with the trying to get his wife pregnant bs. but when he failed for like 10 PEDs he couldnt just bs anymore

Thre's like two mentions of JOnes in this entire thread.

Guy was the Champ of the vanity division in the largest MMA org in the world, making millions of dollars a year, gaining popularity/scoring blue chip endorsements and widely discussed as the GOAT. Then he pulls some dick head maneuver like smashing into some preggo broad HAF and ditching the scene. Guy lost millions in endorsements, got stripped of his title and had his career stalled/sidelined.

From UFC LHW Champ and GOAT to scrubbin' the mats at Jackson/Wink's.

P4P #1 swing of fortune.

Chuck Liddell (lost 5 of his last 6 matches, KO'd in 4 of them)
Matt Hughes (lost 3 of his last 6 matches, KO'd in all 3 of them)
BJ Penn (lost his last 3 matches, was beaten pretty badly in all 3 of them)
Josh Koscheck (lost his last 5 matches, finished in 4 of them)
Jon Fitch (lost 4 of his last 7, finished in 3 of them)
Dan Henderson (lost 5 of his last 7, finished in 3 of them)
Shogun Rua (lost 4 of his last 7, finished in 3 of them)
Wanderlei Silva (lost 7 of his last 11, finished in 4 of them)
Roger Huerta (lost 6 of his last 8, finished in 3 of them)
Karo Parisyan
Jake Shields
The Diaz brothers
The Gracie's
Mark Kerr
Mark Coleman
Igor Vovchanchyn
Kevin Randleman

Diego Sanchez's isn't clear in his record, but he has had at least two clear gift decisions and has not looked to be the same fighter since losing to Ellenberger in 2012. There are soooo many...

I'd say GSP.
Never lost, but the second he announce his retirement, he fell in a split second......

Its Anderson.

Went from the most feared man in the UFC and generally considered the GOAT to being 1-2-1 in his last 4 fights and being suspended for PED use.

I'd say no. What you say is true, but put it into perspective: Anderson is damn near 40, has never tested positive before, and lost to a young beast and beat Diaz, who has always been a good boxer. He lost a lot of his bandwagon fans and some of his psychotic, tyrannical hardcores from the Anderson era are more quiet now, but Anderson still has an incredible legacy, the support of his nation, a marketable name, and a great highlight reel.

I think Maynard really dropped off in recent times. Goes to war with Edgar, then loses to Edgar in a threematch. Puts on one of the worst fights ever versus Guida. Then gets stopped three times brutally and loses to a subpar fighter he would have humiliated a few years ago.

Mirko Cro Cop has had the biggest fall from grace, in my opinion.

He was destroying everybody so badly in Pride, then when he came to the UFC, he wasn't the same fighter at all. His movement wasn't even close to being the same and that was a HUGE part of his game. He got KO'd by Gonzaga and was never the same, wasn't even half the fighter he was in Pride and just fell off from there rather quickly.

Mirko simply wasn't comfortable with fighting in the cage. Some people act like that's an excuse - but seriously, Mirko had been fighting in a ring for his entire career until he got to the UFC. Mirko had been fighting professionally in a ring for 11 years by time he was signed to the UFC. He started his pro kickboxing in 1996 and when he went over to MMA, he was still in a ring up until 2007, so he was in a ring for 11 years, pretty much.

So, all of Mirko's training had been in a ring. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't even have an octagon in his gym to train in for his debut in the UFC and his first 3 fights there. He then went back into the ring after his loss to Kongo (didn't Kongo just assault his nutsack with knees the entire time? I forget) and eventually came back to the UFC not that long after since that's where the real money and competition is.

He just wasn't used to the octagon. He couldn't move around as freely as he did in the ring, where he always trained and always competed. Mirko was sensational in the ring. His movement was just crazy to watch. The way he cut angles around his opponent and countered them with that straight left and how he was able to set up his head kick, man, he was truly something to watch. Then, in the UFC, he didn't move around like he used to at all. He just couldn't, he wasn't comfortable with being in the cage, he wasn't used to the environment and I really do believe that effected him.

He was KTFO by Gonzaga and was never the same after. Mirko was never the same after that head kick loss to Gonzaga, that was a brutal loss. After that, he just declined. He just wasn't the same fighter, wasn't even half the fighter he was in Pride.

The fact he had such a long career already by time he got in the UFC is something to take into consideration, along with not being comfortable in the cage and IIRC, didn't even have a cage to train in for quite awhile, then getting KTFO by Gonzaga via head kick, if karma exists, then that's fucking karma right there.

Some may call it an excuse and that the competition in the UFC is just better, but seriously, he lost to Gonzaga via head kick KO after having an amazing career in Pride fighting the best HW's in the world. Pride had THE best HW's in the world for many years. He fought Fedor and went to fucking war with him. Fought Nogueira and went to fucking war with him. He fought TONS of HW's in Pride that would've destroyed Gonzaga so easily.

The ring was a HUGE thing with Mirko. The ring is his home. Some people are better in a ring, some people are better in a cage. Every fighter is different. If Mayweather had to fight in a cage (yes, in boxing), I'm sure he would still win but I bet he wouldn't be as effective and dominant as he is in the ring. He has spent his entire career in the ring. Training there and fighting there. Making a sudden switch to a completely different stage, from a ring to a cage that has such a different shape to it that short of a time, and also because he (Mirko) didn't have a cage to train in (I'm pretty sure he said he didn't have a cage in his gym to train it for a good while, not sure if he even has one now, honestly), that's a pretty big factor and can change a lot of things. Let's not forget about the different rules, too. Gonzaga's elbows were a big factor in his fight with Mirko, Mirko wasn't used to that and got destroyed by them on the mat and then demolished by that head kick on the feet after taking a beating on the mat.

So, if I have to pick any fighter who has had the biggest fall from grace in not just the UFC, but in all of MMA, I would say Mirko Cro Cop. He went from one of the most feared HW's in the world to not even top 10 in quite a short while, honestly. It's pretty sad, too. It's actually sad seeing Mirko lose by KO.

Anyway, this msg is long enough. See ya later by's!!!

Nice
Post and my thoughts echo yours. A couple of other things to add to that are; it was rumored that crocop was badly KOd before the Sanchez fight in training. It was also rumored that his foot was absolutely smashed after his head kick KO of wand and then the fact
He fought on it right afterwards against josh. If true, im sure those would also affect his movement.

Gray Maynard, Gus if he lose to DC, Big Foot Silva

Chae was actually the only fighter to quit because of the trt ban, say what you will but out of all these guys who said they needed it to compete, Chae seems to be the only honest one.

Also he cheated against a guy who is also a PED user, kinda redeems his failed test on that one

Chael quit due to a two year ban for taking several banned substances.

CMV6ComWgAEfW7p.jpg

I immediately thought of Mike Thomas Brown. Went from the guy who Dethroned Faber and defended against him to losing like crazy. Top to bottom in next to nothing.

Wand>>>>Anderson.

Anderson lost two fights in his UFC career (one by fluke leg break), and failed a PED test in one fight (he didn't test positive in either Weidman fight, FWIW). Wand lost a ton of fights, literally ran from urine collectors, and now is talking about the UFC fixing fights, etc...

Chae was actually the only fighter to quit because of the trt ban, say what you will but out of all these guys who said they needed it to compete, Chae seems to be the only honest one.

Also he cheated against a guy who is also a PED user, kinda redeems his failed test on that one

Lol, Chael said he never went through puberty.

He's the master bullshitter, and in a sense I gotta respect that.

But as an ATHELETE? That's just beyond hilarious.

Back