Biggest Displays of Fickleness You've Seen

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In UFC fans?

I'm watching Shogun/Machida 1 right now and throughout the first round everyone is cheering and chanting for Machida.

By the time the 3rd round rolls around, everyone has ditched Machida and is on Shogun's side, and it really reminds me of how pissed off I get at stuff like this.

What about you?

Idk but that reminded me of when the crowd started chanting GSP during the Silva/Maia fight.

Every time click on the Heavies, I see numerous examples of silly-ass fickleness.

Because Machida was seen as the unbeatable champion but the Shogun was actually beating him.

when Machida fights a certain way and gets KO's w/o getting hit, he's brilliant. but when Machida fights the exact same way and doesn't get KO's w/o getting hit, he's overrated.

Clay Guida used to be beloved on these boards. now he's detested.

my personal favorite, however, is when Hughes was caught on tape enjoying himself at UFC 69, fans butchered him. it was one of the funniest mma related things i've ever seen.

Because Machida was seen as the unbeatable champion but the Shogun was actually beating him.

That doesn't justify supporting Shogun if you went to the event wanting Machida to win.

Stick by your guy even when he's losing.

the crowd booing jds during the rogan interview after the second cain fight immediately comes to mind for me. that was reprehensible.

The way people turned on Rampage after he beat Liddell. Surprisingly, it was many of the same excuses made about Jones concerning 'attitude.' Frankly, I think there is a more common thread.

can't stand front runner fans

the crowd booing jds during the rogan interview after the second cain fight immediately comes to mind for me. that was reprehensible.

that pissed me off. i wasn't even goin for jds but still.

The way people turned on Rampage after he beat Liddell. Surprisingly, it was many of the same excuses made about Jones concerning 'attitude.' Frankly, I think there is a more common thread.

Please don't insinuate that. Rampage was a fan favorite for years and Anderson is still worshiped by tons of people. People don't hate Jones because he is black.

Rocky vs Drago in Russia

That doesn't justify supporting Shogun if you went to the event wanting Machida to win.

Stick by your guy even when he's losing.

Maybe the Machida fans, were going nuts for him as he was the champ, but then once shogun was doing well they were stunned and silent, whereas the shogun fans were cheering their lungs out rooting for him to win.

There are quite a few shogun fans if you hadn't noticed.

That episode really was a disgrace, an embarassement after he showed such iron will and warrior spirit

Suddenly everyone is a Gus fan and Jones was overrated because he fought a bunch of small LHWs that were past their prime.

In UFC fans?

I'm watching Shogun/Machida 1 right now and throughout the first round everyone is cheering and chanting for Machida.

By the time the 3rd round rolls around, everyone has ditched Machida and is on Shogun's side, and it really reminds me of how pissed off I get at stuff like this.

What about you?
Fans are fickle, no doubt, but I doubt 'everyone' was cheering either fighter. When their fav was getting beat they were quiet and when their fav started winning they got vocal. Different fans cheering at different times most likely.

There absolutely is. A lot of sports fans are the worst.

Back