Biggest bust in MMA free agent history?

Zodiac**

Green Belt
Reaction score
With a good chance of Lombard getting cut with a loss as well as the Reem coming up, I was wondering who do you think is the biggest bust of any MMA free agency signing? Those 3 are up there but for me is easily Fedor. Marketed as the best HW alive the goes 1-3 and is finished in every fight. The last loss to Hendo was preceded by his release and the lone win was Brett Rogers ......ouch.

Yeah I hear ya man, Fedor was such a can. You and I never bought into that hype at all.

As far as UFC is concerned, I believe it has to be Cro Cop.

Mmm i was hoping for something diffrent based on the thread title :-(

UFC it had to be Cro Cop
Stirkeforce was Fedor
Bellator will be Tito and Rampage
Pride doesn't really have anybody off the top of my head

As far as UFC is concerned, I believe it has to be Cro Cop.
Definitely Cro Cop.

In his first UFC run where he went 1-2 he was getting paid $350,000 just to show up.

In my mind Cro Cop retired at 21-4-2 however.

Well SF just happened to pick up Fedor at the tail end of his career. Lombard, Shields, and Overeem were genuine disappointments.

Cro-Cop I forgot about that. He is definitely up there, number 2 I would say. Hmmm that would make my 2 biggest free agent busts and Fedor and Cro-Cop. Very interesting.

Well SF just happened to pick up Fedor at the tail end of his career.

Hindsight is always 20/20. No one really thought that Fedor's entry to SF was at the tail end of his career. Hell, we all still believed Fedor was the unbeatable terminator during his SF tenure. This site blew up when Werdum tapped out Fedor.

282i0p0.jpg

I would say Sokoudjou

I wouldn't necessarily call him a bust but his UFC run was disappointing. Even though I hate using the word, I feel as if his wins over Arona and Lil Nog may have been "fluke" or at least overblown.

Fedor was not a bust for Strikeforce. It make more people interested in their product. It also helped Coker get some cash from the buyout.

Back