Bigger upset - Correia beating Rousey or Serra beating GSP?

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know theres been a fee threads about how much of an upset it would be, but if you had to pick one, which would you count as the biggest upset?

Would be good if a mod could turn this into a poll?

For me i think Bethe winning would be the bigger upset. Serra had a 'punchers chance', but Correia hasn't shown she has much KO power so far, plus her being a woman, and 35 pounds lighter than welterweight, i wouldnt even say she has much of a punchers chance.

Serra beating GSP wasn't really much of a deal. It didn't even shut down Sherdog.

gsp wasn't unbeaten at the time. a rousey loss would be bigger.

Bethe winning would be a bigger upset.

one is fantasy the other,reality.

I know theres been a fee threads about how much of an upset it would be, but if you had to pick one, which would you count as the biggest upset?

Would be good if a mod could turn this into a poll?

For me i think Bethe winning would be the bigger upset. Serra had a 'punchers chance', but Correia hasn't shown she has much KO power so far, plus her being a woman, and 35 pounds lighter than welterweight, i wouldnt even say she has much of a punchers chance.

Prior to the GSP fight, Serra had a win record of 4 decisions and 5 submissions. How did you figure he had the KO power for a puncher's chance?

Serra had decent power and a puncher's chance

Bethe has been training martial arts for 3 years and the puncher's chance in WMMA is almost nonexistent.

Correia beating Ronda is a much bigger shock and will likely affect WMMA for the worse.This fight is not and "if Ronda could win" but "when Ronda wins in the first round."

Yep, Correia beating Ronda is a bigger upset.

To me, it's Correia because I just can't see a way she beats Ronda. Ronda on a bad day should roll through Correia. I would be shocked if on Sunday, I hear Correia won (ain't buying or watching this live).

Bethe beating Ronda would be a bigger upset because Serra was a beastly powerful puncher, black belt and 8 year MMA veteran when he beat GSP and Bethe Correia is none of those things, but I'll say this - Ronda Rousey hasn't yet proven to have competent striking defense in MMA. There's nothing to say that she couldn't get caught with a punch on the chin or behind the ear or something.

Hard to say now, both are pretty up there

Bethe beating Ronda would be a bigger upset because Serra was a beastly powerful puncher, black belt and 8 year MMA veteran when he beat GSP and Bethe Correia is none of those things, but I'll say this - Ronda Rousey hasn't yet proven to have competent striking defense in MMA. There's nothing to say that she couldn't get caught with a punch on the chin or behind the ear or something.

Agree with this, except I don't think Bethe has the power to trouble her even if she does land in one of the sweet spots.

IF Beth hits rousey behind the head like Serra did and wins I will cheer not cuss her out on her myspace like I did Serra.

If Bethe beats Ronda, the MMA universe will implode. Sherdog will be broken and Dana will be unreachable until his anger subsides.

Mass hysteria. Keep your fall out supplies topped up just in case!

GSP just got caught. Everyone has a puncher's chance. That's why they fight.
On the other hand, Bethea hasn't shown any one-punch power so I think she'd have to beat Ronda down and dominate to win. I think that would be a way bigger upset.

Back