Bigger UFC PPV Draw? Fedor vs Brock or Ronda vs Cyborg

Brock vs Fedor, easily. It would be biggest fight maybe in MMA history if it happened today when both are past their prime.

Brock vs Fedor pulls more now. Brock's hotter now than he has ever been in the WWE. If he fought in the UFC today, his numbers will soar.

Ronda if she fights cyborg might equal brock.

That being said, Fedor and Cyborg need to fight at least 1 fight in the ufc before they make those fights. Octagon jitters should not be an excuse

Ufc fans would probably watch ronda.
Mma fans would watch fedor.
Since ufc is an american marketing machine i think more people would watch ronda.
In the rest of the world nobody gives a shit about wmma.

honda is not bigger than brock lesnar

Compelling argument but I disagree. Ronda's popularity is very current. It also appears to be on the rise. Then, compare Ronda's last PPV to Brock's last PPV, and Ronda did the better numbers. And that's despite the fact that Brock was on a big year-end Vegas show, while Ronda was on a summer PPV in Brazil, meaning less English-speaking media, against a non-English-speaking no-name opponent.

Ufc fans would probably watch ronda.
Mma fans would watch fedor.
Since ufc is an american marketing machine i think more people would watch ronda.
In the rest of the world nobody gives a shit about wmma.

Guess you missed the UFC Brazil card....

5 years ago, Brock vs. Fedor. But, they are both washed up (now) though as MMA fighters (I know I wouldn't pay to watch this Pride-esque freak fight) and the OP said if the fight happened now...y`know, it would be pretty close...too tough to call. The whole Cyborg-Rousey thing has been simmering for a while and I think there are a lot of people who want to see this fight (Rousey supporters and haters alike). I think both fights would generate big gates and PPV numbers.

Jarl

Back