Bigger UFC PPV Draw? Fedor vs Brock or Ronda vs Cyborg

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the fight were happening now.

We know Dana was close on Fedor vs Brock the second time and then Fedor's dad died and he stayed in retirement.

What about now? Rumor is Fedor is signing with the UFC, it's not out of the question for the UFC and WWE to work out an agreement to get Brock for one fight, possibly in exchange for Ronda to appear at Wrestlemania

Win Win for both organizations.

Who gets the bigger PPV #?

- Fedor vs Brock or Ronda vs Cyborg?

What would the numbers be for each?

Last edited:
Jon Jones vs. Brock Lesnar, co-headlined by Ronda vs. Cyborg, would do a good 1.5 million.

I think Ronda is bigger now so I think that'd do better.

Would think Fedor/Brock would be bigger.

Fedor vs Brock would break every single UFC attendance/PPV record held.

You are basically asking if Brock is a better draw than Ronda, since it has been well documented that neither Fedor or Cyborg are PPV draws and I think the answer is yes. Brock vs any legitimate threat will outdraw Ronda.

Fedor vs Brock sells a lot more and it wouldn't be even close.

Put the Ronda vs Cyborg fight on a different card (all female) so that the white knights cant claim that Ronda sold the card that Brock is on.

Brock/Fedor would do slightly more, because both are recognizable names. While RR is a bigger draw than either, Cyborg doesn't have close to the name recognition. If done today on an average rest of the card, RR/Cyborg does 1.2 million and Brock/Fedor 1.3-1.4 maybe.

You are basically asking if Brock is a better draw than Ronda, since it has been well documented that neither Fedor or Cyborg are PPV draws and I think the answer is yes. Brock vs any legitimate threat will outdraw Ronda.

This gets to the core of it.

It is hard to say what Fedor would manage to pull if he were on a properly marketed(unlike any/all of his previous PPV opportunities) UFC PPV....but he was a legitimate draw. On CBS he drew 5.46 million views against Rogers. On Showtime he was averaging 500k views.

Cyborg though, yeah...she isn't much of a draw.

Some Fedor ppv buys:

10/21/2006 Pride 32 Fedor v. Coleman 30,000
04/14/2007 Bodog Fedor v. Lindland 13,000
07/19/2008 Affliction Banned Fedor v. Sylvia 100,000
01/24/2009 Affliction DOR Fedor v. Arlovski 90,000

Its all about casual fans, and not hardcore fanboys. Really this is about Brock vs Rousey

Fedor vs Brock would have been even bigger than his rematch with Mir. Ronda vs Cyborg would be big today, but never close to Brock during his heyday.

Some Fedor ppv buys:

10/21/2006 Pride 32 Fedor v. Coleman 30,000
04/14/2007 Bodog Fedor v. Lindland 13,000
07/19/2008 Affliction Banned Fedor v. Sylvia 100,000
01/24/2009 Affliction DOR Fedor v. Arlovski 90,000

Its all about casual fans, and not hardcore fanboys. Really this is about Brock vs Rousey

Those aren't really very telling measures though, as none of them were even remotely marketed the way even the shittiest of cards are marketed by the UFC.

Fedor has proven he can draw in live gates, on CBS, and on Strikeforce.

Brock vs. Fedor easily. Brock vs. Pat Barry would with the right build.

Back