Bigger Size Difference? Tito/Storm or Jones/Sonnen

Storm is lucky if he's 5'10 with George Costanza boots on.

(Trick question. If size measurements cant be used to compare Jones to Sonnen and Tito to Storm, and original weigh classes seemingly cant be compared apples to apples or oranges to oranges, then what proof do you offer that Shlemenko was undersized compared to Tito?)

First, find where I said he was undersized. Let me know, because I sure as hell don't remember even thinking it, nevermind posting it.

Sonnen is a MW who could be fighting at LHW

Shlemenko is a MW who should be fighting at WW

First, find where I said he was undersized. Let me know, because I sure as hell don't remember even thinking it, nevermind posting it.

As I said... "I think you are missing the point of the discussion, feel free to see your way out. "

Everyone here knows Tito/Storm and Jones/Sonnen all competed in the same weight class, and everyone here knows weight classes are determined by weight and not measured size.... You are doing nothing more than 'reminding' people of basic facts that they never forgot... Thanks, I suppose.

But for those that are claiming Tito was a mismatch for Storm, and they want to point out size differences that go beyond their simple weight class they weighed in at, I point to the same measurable size differences that Jones had over Sonnen...

If you want to take your time to post that they were all LHWs so the other size differences do not matter, then knock yourself out... but my topic was for those that are claiming Tito outsized Storm because of X Y and Z, not for those who weren't...

Fine, I'll play your way:

Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia.

And the older smaller guy won.

Meh. Sonnen fought plenty of his career at lhw and he practically kills himself to make mw and fight smaller guys.

Tito showed what he weighed a while back and he wad at 219. Schlemenko weighed in at 201.

Somehow everyone seems to be missing this post. Tito probably had 20 pounds on Schlmenko in the cage. I was at the fight, and Tito looked enormous because he is, but their weight wasn't that different. mWhen Schlmenko is in shape for title fights he's probably still around 195, so I don't think there's that big of a problem. He's just got one of those unimpressive builds, so it seems worse than it is.

Fine, I'll play your way:

Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia.

And the older smaller guy won.

So what are you coming here to say? That there isn't a mis-match in size? That they are all equally fair, as there is a similarly equal difference in them all?

Good, that's the point I was trying to get across. Thanks for playing.

Solid win for Ortiz, and I look forward to a possible Ortiz vs Mo matchup.

Most people who are bitching about Storm being undersized were mum last week, and were mum when Jones fought Sonnen, so should remain mum now. Unless you are on record complaining about a Ortiz mis-match least week, AND the Jones mis-match before, then stfu (not you, everyone).

Last edited:
Ya know what, I agree with TS.

While we're at it, we should get someone like Rousimar Palhares to fight Renan Barao. They have the same height/reach, it's only fair. There's more to size than just the number on the scale.

and let's get Bigfoot Silva in the cage with some opponents with some SIZE, guys like Luke Barnatt and Kendall Grove, it's disheartening to watch him beat up undersized midgets like Mark Hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back