Bigger Hearbreaker? Rory/Lawler 2 or Chael/Silva?

Shell vs Silva for sure. All the hard work was finally paying off and you are up 4-0 vs a guy who looked unbeatable for a long time coming into the fight. Everything goes out the window when you get careless in the 5th and final round and get caught in a sub.

Chael vs jones, had that fight finished the round, Chael would have won via Dr stoppage with Jones toe. That would have been great.

Chael. He took on the GOAT in Silva and no one gave him a chance thinking he's just another wrestler Silva will KO in the first yet Chael staggered Silva in the first and took him down at will round after round. Despite the loss, it elevated Silva and Chael's stock.

As one poster mentioned, Rory will be fighting for that title again and often if he doesn't win it the next time around.

Chael by far, Anderson at the time was not to well received coming of his a win with his antics from the Maia fight. Sonnen was trying to play the heel but everyone loved him for it, he represented the American hero and promoted a fight like no one else, no one really knew how well Sonnen was going to do but considered Andersons previous dominant performances, he was a solid underdog. Anderson at the time was considered one of the GOATS.

He dominanted him everywhere for 5 rounds, only to fuck it up within the last 30 seconds. Even though he lost, I think more people had more admiration for Sonnen than they did for Silva at that point...even though Silva's come back was remarkable, he also only had to last another minute or so against Jones and he could of won the LHW belt, I couldn't imagine the shit storm that would of created. He has terrible luck..

Robbie is well loved amongst hardcore, casual and old school fans of the sport. Rory was nowhere near as dominant as Sonnen was, it was a pretty competitive fight but I believe most people were rooting for Lawler, aside from a large majority of Canadian fight fans.

who the fuck cares about Sonnen's performance there. He was juiced up.

You're going to praise a multiple time juicer? Especially in a performance he was busted for?

Come on now. Even if he won, the title was never going to be his.

Did everyone forget that Sonnen pissed hot and would not have taken the title, win or lose?

Last edited:
I felt bad for both, but Chael was all over him for the entire fight and then gets caught in a sub late in the fight and he has to tap away the title. It's sad how he says about how he promised his Dad that he was going to be a world champion and was only a couple of minutes away from fulfilling that promise. He also says that his cornermen weren't telling him that it was the 5th round either, perhaps if he was aware then he may of not got caught.

Rory isn't a known cheater, but his fight was a close fight, although I had him winning. Rory has more time on his side too. It was sad to see him after the fight sat in the octagon in agony.

I wanted both guys to win, but I think Chael went and blew it after dominating one of the best ever, and that's sad.

who the fuck cares about Sonnen's performance there. He was juiced up.

You're going to praise a multiple time juicer? Especially in a performance he was busted for?

Come on now. Even if he won, the title was never going to be his.

chael has never used in his entire life

Rory/lawler because maybe Rory would've continued if he knew he was winning on the scorecards.

Rory vs. Lawler wasn't even as close as Chael/Silva. Chael was clearly dominating the entire fight and won all 4 rounds up until the submission. Lawler was beating Rory the fuck up and picking him apart, regardless what the judges had scored for Rory, Lawler deserved that win more because it wasn't some Hail Mary win that he pulled out of his ass like what Silva did.

Chael Silva 1

How he lost that fight is beyond me. But thats not me in there getting punch in the face by Silva.

Chael Silva by far. All he had to do was literally just lay on an exhausted Silva for two more minutes.

Chael by a landslide. He was on the verge of dethroning an unstoppable, polarizing champion who was at his peak. No one hates Robbie, and beating Robbie in his first defense isn't even in the same ballpark as being the guy to dethrone Anderson.

They were both winning on points, but Sonnen was much more dominant than Rory up until the finish so I would say his loss was worse for him. I wanted Silva to win and am a Lawler and Macdonald fan so neither fight disappointed me.

rory-macdonald-ufc-189-gif.jpg

Sonnen vs Silva has lost all it's lustre, his loss was good punishment for his infraction.

the testosterone gangster vs the roided spider, class act.

SO YOU WANT TO BE A FUCKING FIGHTER?!

*watches Robbie v Rory

No, I don't want to be a fucking fighter.

Back