Bigger Hearbreaker? Rory/Lawler 2 or Chael/Silva?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seeing as how both Rory and Chael were within minutes of taking the belt before being finished. Which loss do you think was more devastating/Heartbreaking to both the fighters and the fans?

Discuss

Rory because his fans truly believe him to be GSP 2.0 and he's not even close.

Hard to say for me because I was ecstatic for both Lawler and Anderson

I was rooting for Chael during the first fight, mainly because I love a scrappy underdog and I got caught up in the moment. What a great moment that was for Silva, and better for everyone given that Chael failed the post fight tests.

Rory was winning on rounds and had Lawler legit hurt. It was a great performance, but Lawler is a savage. I feel worse for Rory. Like Chael, I never see him being champ.

Chael's for both... eeeeasily. Rory vs Robbie was a very close fight and honestly, both guys are pretty liked. People forget that Anderson was getting hated on a tonnnn at the time of the Chael fight (after the Maia debacle) and the division desperately needed a change up.

Chael was also thoroughly dominating the fight up until the sub so losing like that must have been beyond rough.

I think people felt more disaspointed than sad for Sonnen. Rory I still feel for the kid

Chael was also thoroughly dominating the fight up until the sub so losing like that must have been beyond rough.

Yeah no doubt

He made the best out of it tho

a nice rematch and a title fight with jones

He made his $$$$$

Felt worse for Rory. He came close to winning the belt, but lost in horrifying fashion. The worst part is that he won't be able to fight for the belt, unless there's a new champion, considering he's lost to Lawler 2x.

Rory, due to him not failing post-fight drug tests and the fact that the beating he took may have taken months/years off his life. He fought so well and just came up short, and that kind of "story" is always hard to watch.

Jarl

chael was more heartbreaking, even though i am a bigger fan of rorys than i was of chaels.

like lawler said, the finish was the accumulation of a beatdown.

chael on the otherhand was winning more dominantly than rory was (i had 2 rounds for rory, 1 for lawler, and the first round as a toss up) and then got subbed.

the post fight things chael said about coming in second all the time was kind of sad to hear as well, though in hind site its hard to feel that empathy for a juicer

Chael not even close. He was a minute or less Way from beating the GOAT...

chael for sure.

if he didnt get lazy and stop leaving his arm dangling waiting to get snatched up he was sure to win.

and, it is not as if rory was up 4-0 on lawler going into the 5th. even if it was 3-1 lawler was landing heavy shots all the time. anderson had absolutely nothing to do with chael and couldnt do shit.

Chael was a shit talker and a cheater, Rory is a shy slightly awkward kid
who put all his heart into the fight. Rory was far more heartbreaking.

As a huge Rory fan I'm bias but I can honestly say that it was the biggest emotional roller coaster I've had watching a sporting event. Yes I said emotianal roller coaster to
all the wanna be tough guy sherdoggers.

And to the the door rug that said Rory isn't Gsp 2.0, of course he's not. He's the only Rory Macdonald.

For me Chael, I just love the guy no matter what.

Back