Bigfoot would fight JDS

Nothing wrong with teammates fighting each other. Machida fought his own brother in a karate final.

I've got no problem with it.

Big Foot is luck not to be JDS's next opponent because he's going to be the former champions punching bag.

Weird considering they've apparently trained together a bunch of times. I would favorite Junior heavily.

a lot of ppl probably be itching to fight JDS now. everyone sees the gameplan to beat him

It is strange that he says nothing about Overeem and puts himself in a scenario where he can be cut.

a lot of ppl probably be itching to fight JDS now. everyone sees the gameplan to beat him

Too bad Cain is the only HW capable of executing that gameplan. No other HW has the cardio to smother Junior for three rounds without gassing/getting KO'd. Also I doubt anyone has the wrestling to get him down besides Cain and Cormier

Overeem said he would fight his brother.

Any guy would fight any guy if Dana laid it out like this "Fight ____________ or leave the UFC"

Only Cain can do that. Bigfoot would get completely starched by JDS.

Teammates should only fight for titles. If gsp stays at WW, rory will have to move up or languish. Ditto Cormier. If teammates are clearly top 2 it isn't fair to make a guy burn his career w/o a title shot. Both of these guys will have no where to go after a few more fights in there divisions.

Maybe Bigfoot feels confident when they spar together. JDS by KO.

Probably. But they would all probably get KTFO as well.

There is the small problem of being able to implement that game plan.

Only Cain can do that. Bigfoot would get completely starched by JDS.

Cormier can do that as well.

And that is only at HW. I see a few others who can push that same game plan.

Also, I think Barnett and Werdum can also push a similar game plan. We will see how others try to duplicate Cains success and how JDS adjusts to those said fighters.

Somehow, I think you're wrong about that. People have tried that game plan before. It's just that Cain actually had the tools & attributes to be successful in it's utilization. Not every HW is Cain Velasquez...& hell, even HE failed in his first attempt.

I understand that he is a UFC fighter and has to answer questions, but there is nothing wrong with saying you're focused on your current opponent. I mean, Overeem may take this guy's head off and he's talking rematch with Cain and a fight with JDS? I get it, he's a competitor, but if he looks bad against the Reem I don't see him getting top level fights until he shows he can compete with those guys. To me, his fight with Cain was really a tune up for Cain to get back into contention. I like Bigfoot, but he better not be looking past Reem.

Back