Big Upsets

cgold21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So we know the next couple months of fights lined up. I'd like to know what you all think some of the notable upsets will be in these cards.

i like michael johnson over thomson
miller over cerrone
..and i'm taking Mendes over Aldo!

wanted to take Khabilov but i just can't do it.. hendo by another decision

not sure if these would be considered upsets or not, but i like
Machida, Johnson over Nogueira, and Nelson over Hunt

what say you??

I'll take Michael Johnson over Thomson aswell.

I've also got Weidman over Machida, many people think Machida will kill him.

Sonnen over Belfort
Matt Brown over Lawler (I hope)
Bermudez over Guida

Sonnen over Belfort
Bermudez over Guida

I wouldn't mind seeing Brown pull it off, but I like Lawler also. Think Brown will land a volume of shots and then I think Lawler lands something big that ends the night

would LOVE Bermudez to win, but I think Guida by blanket

Sonnen can def. win some rounds with his wrestling but at some point I just see him getting tagged hard and turtling

Aldo knocking Mendes out brah

Not sure on the odds, but Ill take Woodley over rory and arlovski over schaub. And struve over mitrione

Not sure on the odds, but Ill take Woodley over rory and arlovski over schaub. And struve over mitrione

i also like woodley actually, forgot to mention that one.. not sure who the favorite is, guessing Rory slightly
def. think Struve wins also, but doubt he's an underdog

Johnson is a dog vs lil nog?

not sure if he is or not. He's just getting back in the UFC but had an impressive win over Davis. Would not be surprised if he was the favorite

Josh Thomson is a top 5 LW, Johnson got beaten bad and finished by Handbags Madadi not that long ago, Josh Thomson argueably beat Hendo with a broken thumb since like rd 2.

Miller wont get passed Cerrone, Cerrone only loses to the top echelon when he's on his game, Miller is barely top 10 material.

Aldo gameplans for five rounds with Mendes and uses his superior footwork and striking defense to pick him apart for five rounds, or if Mendes gets overeager Mendes get laid out bad.

Weidman finishes Machida. Johnson over Nog wouldn't really be an upset. and Hunto is a way better standup fighter then Roy Nelson is, Nelsons TD's shouldnt be very difficult for Hunto to defend.

So all in all Khabilov is the most likely W out of all of those, he brings the same sort of aggression (if not even more) that Bendo has, and Rustam is a better boxer and with his sambo i say their grappling is comparable.

-----

Brown takes a huge L against Lawler because of his soft core, Robbies shots will have Brown shitting his colon out.

Sonnen over Belfort
Bermudez over Guida

Weidman is a pretty big betting fave, No chance Sonnen beats Belfort. I hope matt Brown too and I think bermudez will likely be a betting fav too

Miller is barely top 10 material

Fuck this thread. Miller has 4 losses - 2 to champions and 2 to contenders. He is the very definition of a gatekeeper to the top 5-6.

Fuck this thread.

I think you're right on Michael Johnson beating Thomson and Mendes beating Aldo.

Also, if Cerrone is the favorite then add my boy Jim Miller to the upset list... saw him mentioned, but had assumed Miller would be the favorite here.

Fuck this thread. Miller has 4 losses - 2 to champions and 2 to contenders. He is the very definition of a gatekeeper to the top 5-6.

Fuck this thread.

He's lost every fight he's gotten with a big name, and been finished by them aswell. No he's not top 10 material.

Back