Big Nog's Move [GIF]

We call them sit-throughs... I've also heard them called sit-outs as well around my way...

In wrestling it's called the Syracuse.

One of my coaches called it a Syracuse back in the day - haven't heard that in years and years. But, he was from the NorthEast. Like most techniques in wrestling, the name varies by region, but if you describe it as a reversal from front headlock/head and arm control which is either a sit out with the elbow cupped on the underhook arm or a duck under/drag on the overhook arm, people from all over will generally get the idea.

In Syracuse it's called the Wallaby.

Or separate their shoulder like me :mad:

Do you know the difference between a seperation and a dislocation?

I've seperated my shoulder flipping over my handlebars of my bike and landing on a sidewalk with my shoulder absorbing all the impact.

A dislocation involes your shoulder popping out of the socket.

Which did you do?

Do you know the difference between a seperation and a dislocation?

I've seperated my shoulder flipping over my handlebars of my bike and landing on a sidewalk with my shoulder absorbing all the impact.

A dislocation involes your shoulder popping out of the socket.

Which did you do?

I had a separation. The injury involves your AC joint rather than the actualy shoulder joint itself. You basically get it from trauma on it, such as someone doing a hard sitout on you on puzzle mats :redface:

Sit outs are such a sweet move.

It's also kind of embarassing when your opponent sits- out and you fall on your face.

It's like a Hodinini move. First you are there and then you are gone...poof!

Doesnt look like it worked for ol nog though

Sergei countered it well, but he used it on Bob Sapp and won the fight because of it. A reversal like that was the only way he would ever get on top.

Back