** Big Nog would rather not train with a homosexual MMA fighter **

Jones is a homophobe, but Big Nog is just being reasonable. Gotcha, Sherdog.

I must admit I am rather shocked by this. Benavidez, Liddell, Davis, etc. were all very complimentary and respectful but I think Nogueira's comments came off the wrong way or something. I get what he's implying but I'm not sure I fully understand what he means when he refers to malice in training.

SOURCE: http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/is-the-ufc-ready-for-an-openly-gay-male-fighter-051414

Fix your quote and your thread title.

He said I rather not and you changed it to would not

Also mention that it is an old quote. (You are just as bad as American news)

The article is from today.

His comments have been made clear in the past however. I remember a year ago, 5 or so of these threads popping up at once.

I don't think he said anything out of line. There are guys I know who won't role with women and vice versa.

ive rolled with attractive women before,but man

i know how much i love jiu jitsu,i would really hate to make it creepy for someone else.

maybe nog just had a bad experience once who knows

That's what I am thinking as well.

i think its fine to refuse to roll around on the ground with whoever the fuck you dont want to roll around on the ground with

i thin its absurd that you should ever have to engage in so much physical contact with someone just because you did with someone else and you don't want to leave them out

I support this outlook, do what you want. If there's doubt in his mind, he could be distracted and thus doesn't get the practice he wants.

I am not trying to bash gays or bash people who are opposed to homosexuality. I was merely surprised by the fact that out of all the people they asked the one who seemed the most surprising to me was Big Nog who I have always viewed as sort of a people's champ would alienate an entire group of people like that. I, myself, am not a homosexual but it jumped out at me as more of a PR issue than anything, given the current landscape of the UFC and political correctness.

Agree with Nog. Way to speak your mind and avoid the PC sensitivity.

Fix your quote and your thread title.

"I have no prejudice against the gays, but I wouldn't train with someone who's gay," Nogueira told

I keep getting told this is old but the article I posted was from May 14th, 2014.

Hate these questions. There's only 1 acceptable answer if you live in a western society. If you get it wrong, expect a phone call from an angry manager and Dana White within 10 minutes.

I am not trying to bash gays or bash people who are opposed to homosexuality. I was merely surprised by the fact that out of all the people they asked the one who seemed the most surprising to me was Big Nog who I have always viewed as sort of a people's champ would alienate an entire group of people like that. I, myself, am not a homosexual but it jumped out at me as more of a PR issue than anything, given the current landscape of the UFC and political correctness.

Fix your quote and your thread title. (Get rid of the refuse)

So it's okay for 50 year old looking Big Nog to teach young hot girls who wouldn't ever be sexually attracted to him, but it's not okay if a gay student wants to learn from him regardless if he would be attracted to him or not.

That ain't right Nog.

Back