Big Nog not retiring anymore?

cgold21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So what is the more likely scenario here. Nog told Dana he would retire and is now backing off from that stance, or DW just was talking out of his ass and said Nog agreed to retire when he in fact did not?

IMO he's got nothing left to prove and needs to step away. He's a shell of his former self and no one likes watching legends end their careers getting embarrassed by guys that would of never been on their level normally

I know, I mean is he retired or not

does he really wanna lose to Mir a third time??

fighters wanna keep fighting and wanna go out on a win etc

Tito should have retired after beating Bader

Chuck should have retired after whoever he beat last

So what is the more likely scenario here. Nog told Dana he would retire and is now backing off from that stance, or DW just was talking out of his ass and said Nog agreed to retire when he in fact did not?

IMO he's got nothing left to prove and needs to step away. He's a shell of his former self and no one likes watching legends end their careers getting embarrassed by guys that would of never been on their level normally
He wants to rematch the resurging K1 Mir, he's going to get fucked up needlessly. Just retire, you've nothing left to prove and Pugilistic Dementia just isn't worth it.

It's most likely that Nog agreed to retire but forgot 30 seconds later due to all the head trauma.

He wants one last fight where he can retire in the cage and be applauded rather than have the decision forced on him somewhere behind the scenes by Dana. I'm ok with that.

Dana offered him the position with the intention that he do it instead of fighting

Nog accepted with the intention that he cash that paycheck and fight some more

Probably miscommunication, but possibly disingenuous on Nog's part.

Nog should retire. He's a warrior who's been through many hard-fought battles. He's a legend. He's proved himself. Nothing can take that away.

So what does is say that, at a time when Fedor is negotiating with the UFC, Big Nog regards Frank Mir as that one loose end he needs to tie up before calling it a a career.

Dana lied at the press conference when he said "Big Nog has agreed to step down"

If he wants to fight let him fight, he's a grown man he can make his own decisions.

So what does is say that, at a time when Fedor is negotiating with the UFC, Big Nog regards Frank Mir as that one loose end he needs to tie up before calling it a a career.

Frank Mir will give him his third loss. Enough said.

Just retire, his is waaaaaay past his prime everything from this point is just more brain damage.

he should have retired 2 years ago. He's just killing his legacy

He looked okay against Struve, it's a good note to retire on...next time he may not be so lucky.

He looked okay against Struve, it's a good note to retire on...next time he may not be so lucky.

Are you blind?? If that was ok whats crap for you?? Seriously, he would have lost a rematch against Dave "Pee Wee" Herman fighting like that.

Nog didnt want to retire in this scenario. After the Nelson fight and till now he said he's got 2 fights left and he wants to complete those 2 fights. Struve was one of the fights and the other is Frank Mir. He's got 1 fight left on his contract now and I am sure wants to end it on a win. I dont know why Dana said he agree to retire, I think its more they talked and Nog agreed its time, but he wants one more fight.

He talked about Mir before 190 and how they are from the same era and how he respects these guys and wants to fight his last fight vs one of them. And he has the rivalry with Mir as well. If Mir beats AA then fight wont happen but if Mir loses then the Nog fight will most likely go down.

So this is nothing new with Nog, he's been saying this all along.

Hopefully Nog vs Mir 3 does not get sanctioned.

Where he said he wants to keep going?

Back