Big news (soon)!

I bet dillashaw/barao is the co main.

Wait, didn't we already know that? Pretty sure Dana did everything but confirm it at the post fight presser.

I guess they can announce the date.

RDA vs Pettis on the next TUF.

Men's strawweight

RDA doesn't stand a snowball chance against Pettis.

I hope they give the TS to smb else.

Guida beat Pettis.

I thought RDA beat Dunham, and Pettis beat Guida. They did from a damage perspective, which is all that matters. Dunham was throwing ineffectual strikes, and Guida had an ineffectual top game surrounding which he got hit hard and bent up here and there.

But as a black mark, RDA's should be regarded as worse. Pettis has that technical loss in his octagon debut 3 and a half years ago. RDA's fight against Dunham happened a year and a half ago, as a UFC vet. No octagon debut emotions there. He was even fighting in Brazil.

Plus, Pettis didn't lose to Khabib, at least yet (Pettis would probably be a smallish -150/200 fave) We know that RDA would.

If the guy's point was RDA will lose, it's not a terrible one, although limited. If it's that he doesn't deserve the shot even, it is terrible, because he has beaten Cerrone, Henderson, and Diaz since; and Khabib is injured, so who else?

RDA doesn't stand a snowball chance against Pettis.

I hope they give the TS to smb else.

There is nobody else.

Khabib had ACL surgery 5 months ago. That's a 10-12 month recovery.

They could wait for Jury-Cerrone, hypothetically. But if Cerrone wins that's a rematch of a domination already by Pettis. And if Jury wins, we don't even know if he'd be ready for March 14th.

It makes all the sense in the world to make Pettis-RDA now. Keep the division moving. That was the cry when Pettis was injured and tied up with TUF. Why does it change now?

3 title fights in 1 card? Yeah right. We can all play the matchmaker game, I guess.

Regarding Pettis-RDA, this is how it should be, Khabib is injured so best is to keep him sidelined until he's fully recovered if he's going for a titleshot. RDA has earned his shot also, he's the 2nd best contender now.

Dodson makes dramatically more sense from both a scheduling and match-up standpoint. I always thought UFC would be smart to schedule that fight underneath Pettis-RDA, once Cruz and Assuncao went down.

Then they could have fights like Browne-Rothwell and Duffee-Mitrione as the #3 and #4 to offset the size deficiency of the top two fights on the card.

Put it in Chicago due to all the local tie-ins and history. Pettis is from Milwaukee, MM/Dodson 1 took place there originally, Duffee is from Illinois, Rothwell the WI/Illinois border, etc.
Dodson is still recovering from his injuries I'm fairly certain. Haven't heard a thing about him returning yet so that's not in the cards I doubt.

Plus off an injury he may not want that title fight his first fight back.

Clear as water.

But I still find it hard to believe in announcements of announcements.

Khabib doesn't wreck anybody but your Tavares or Shalorus level guy.

So Rafael Dos Anjos, who recently destroyed Nate Diaz, clearly beat Donald Cerrone, knocked out Benson Henderson with one punch and has a good shot at beating Anthony Pettis, is a Tavares/Shalorus level guy?

You mean like Melendez did?

Well, Melendez tried to wall and stall him to tire him out, but that was definitely a bad idea considering how good Pettis grappling/subs are.

I see RDA closing the distance with strikes and not getting too cute with the clinch grappling or grappling period, really.

Dana White already said he's getting the title shot in the post fight press conference. This is hardly news.

Will be great to see someone who will hopefully push the pace against Pettis and not let him set up those devastating kicks.

What Gil was doing is the definition of pushing the pace

So Rafael Dos Anjos, who recently destroyed Nate Diaz, clearly beat Donald Cerrone, knocked out Benson Henderson with one punch and has a good shot at beating Anthony Pettis, is a Tavares/Shalorus level guy?

So, a 30-27 wrestle-fuck, where he takes solid strikes in return, is a "wrecking"?

Nurmagomedov probably wouldn't beat Pettis, and maybe not RDA in a 5-round rematch either. And even if he did, it wouldn't be by "wrecking". It would be by stalling for the majority of the fight. That's how he beat both his best two opponents, RDA and Tibau. And Tibau that shouldn't have constituted a win in any way.

So, a 30-27 wrestle-fuck, where he takes solid strikes in return, is a "wrecking"?

Nurmagomedov probably wouldn't beat Pettis, and maybe not RDA in a 5-round rematch either. And even if he did, it wouldn't be by "wrecking". It would be by stalling for the majority of the fight. That's how he beat both his best two opponents, RDA and Tibau. And Tibau that shouldn't have constituted a win in any way.

They couldn't do shit against Khabib, that's their fault.

If GSP can become one of the all-time greats by doing the exact same thing, Khabib must be doing something right.

If Jon Jones gets held down for 25 minutes straight by Daniel Cormier this weekend, I myself would call that a wrecking. And I guarantee that almost every single Cormier fan and/or Jones hater will consider that a wrecking.

P.S.: He outstruck RDA almost 2 to 1 and landed the harder shots in the fight.

he means - habbib does not destroy them - he holds them down, takes down, throws wild punches to get the clinch, take down, hold, control.

that's not destroying anything other than the excitement of a fight.

Back