Big Man Gi

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So Im a big dude 6'0 300 lbs and so finding gi was alittle bit of a challenge but i found koral a5 gi. im thinking that i should have got the a4 this gi is huge pants are slightly long and the jacket is massive and sleeves are long. I found that it is amazing the size difference in gi companies.

sorry i forgot to add anyone know of a big man shorts for rollin having trouble finding those 2.

I have 3 A4s and I am roughly your size, slighly lighter but 2-3 inches taller

one of them has got pants that are abit too small(I am the dude in white)
YouTube - ‪Tapout 2010-06-05 John Dala BJJ‬‎

:p

i have Manto shorts in XXL that works
Manto_brasil.jpg

the orange part with the print on the side is very elastic and the groin is also elastic

15 pounds tops

that guy was well over 2 meters tall

Check out Padilla & Sons..excellent gi, very affordable >$100 and he has A5 & A6. I'm 6'0 270 and I got an A5 gold weave that I had to shrink. Still going after 2+ years. The customer service is beyond outstanding.

Check out Padilla & Sons..excellent gi, very affordable >$100 and he has A5 & A6. I'm 6'0 270 and I got an A5 gold weave that I had to shrink. Still going after 2+ years. The customer service is beyond outstanding.

Joe told me he sold a gi to a customer who weighed over 300+ pounds.

I wear the koral light in black and in A4. I'm about 6'3 and as heavy sometimes as 275. My chest girth is about 54 inches. It fits great. I have sort of short legs, and the pants are easy to get hemmed at a laundry place. The koral light in white does not have the same fit. There's nothing crappier than having a gi too big. You feel like you're 10 years old wearing clothes you're supposed to "grow into".

Two meters is close 6'6" I should know because I am 199cm and i usually say I am 6'5" or 6'6". I have been close to 290lbs recently and I found an Atama A5 to be big the HCK to be just right)

hmm yeah bee in that vid what kind of gi do u have and what size is it. I wish i could try on a koral a4 gi top!

Choke Em gi, an A4, very cheap gi

CHOKEM: GOLD WEAVE BJJ GI - WHITE
chokem_gi_vit.jpg

due to it having the Swedish flag on it it might be specific for Sweden I dunno
110 dollars when I do a currency converter but I assume shipping to Sweden and our high VAT adds some dollars to the price

and do u have a a4 koral gi? because i looked in the mirrior and the shit looks like im wearing my dads gi top lol when people see me they think i weigh like 275 ( i wish maybe soon)

My other gi is a Rednose, perfect fit, third is a judo gi (and I have some more judo gis but they are too big now and not ideal for BJJ (I was 330 before)

(and yes I bought it because it had a cool pitbull logo)

Last edited:
In general I think it is easier to be slightly fat in a gi and have it fit lengthwise then having one that fits but is way too long

we are in the process of losing weight right? :p

I have a pair of Minowa type speedos/hotpants as motivational shorts for when I get down some more

I also think that koral gi's run big which is great for big guys most mma stuff runs kinda small

Back