Big John:"MVP Has Fought Better Competition than Anderson Silva"

bellator is pretty clownish under coker. bring back bjorn

Not many can name Anderson's opponents pre-UFC. Big John isn't wrong here. Silva fought cans early in his career and MVP is fighting cans right now

The obvious matchup on this card was Page vs Larkin. Bellator is actually doing what so many idiots on sherdog have always advocated. "whine, whine, don't match the good guys against each other and kill off a contendor, whine, whine".

Bro at 32yrs old Silva definitely had better competition than fuckin Anzai and that irish dude MVP smashed like 2 months ago
You're not wrong but its still a disingenuous quote

Not many can name Anderson's opponents pre-UFC. Big John isn't wrong here. Silva fought cans early in his career and MVP is fighting cans right now

But can we say with certitude that MVP's cans were better than Andy's? Like somebody said in another thread, Page has been fighting cans for 7 fucking years and still does. Aside from Semtex and Lima, it's been nothing but cans. I don't think Andy fought near as many cans as he has. Unless you actually have the data to back it up, it just is a silly comparison to make.

What a shit show bellator is.. mvp against can after can... rampage and fedor both over the fucking hill. This aint good enough for ufc prelims

The fuck...?
Hayato Mach Sakurai
Carlos Newton
Lee Murray

Those came to my mind before I finished reading the second sentence of your post. Sakurai was legit #1 in the world at that point. It would be like MVP beating Usman or something similar

Silva had more losses early on. Big John is right.

Silva had more losses early on. Big John is right.

I know it took him a while to come into his own, but I bet the guys he lost to were all better than the cans MVP has faced so far. I mean at this point, if I bumped into Coker and told him to put me in w Page he'd gladly oblige.

It's times like these that I wish MMA organizations had more cross-promotion. It'd be incredible if they could unify belts like boxers do.

Anderson's 2nd fight: Fabricio Camoes
His next fight: Luiz Azeredo

Try harder Big John

Yea. I heard it too and shook my head. Big John knows better.

Big John should get slapped for saying that.

Back