Big John McCarthy says Pennington's corner was wrong

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
Helwani.. let it go man

No one cares

Great points. If the fighter says he or she is done then it's over. I don't give a shit about people saying shit. Don't take more damage than needed. It's a sport not life or death. You win some you lose some

One thing I disagree with John on, in closing he said something like what was gained by her going back in for the fifth round “Nothing” I am not sure that is correct, everything else he said was spot on..but maybe she gained some pride and confidence in knowing she finished the fight and did not quit..That could have some value.

Helwani.. let it go man

No one cares
How dare you call me Helwani

pRpQm8r.gif

One thing I disagree with John on, in closing he said something like what was gained by her going back in for the fifth round “Nothing” I am not sure that is correct, everything else he said was spot on..but maybe she gained some pride and confidence in knowing she finished the fight and did not quit..That could have some value.
Nope that didn't happen she just got hurt worse and practically begged the ref to end it because she's also to naive to tap.

Eddie Alvarez probably gave the best response to this so far.
He talks about how he wanted to quit against Melendez but Hooft pushed him out there and he won. This iant a black and white case. There's shades of grey in there.
2:07:30

Nope that didn't happen she just got hurt worse and practically begged the ref to end it because she's also to naive to tap.

Unless your her brother , sister, or boyfriend, there is no way of knowing what the effect was on her..we are all just speculating.

Nobody forced her to go back out there. She could have called it herself anytime she wanted to.

Her corner may have foolishly convinced her to go against her better judgement, but they didn't force her. She should have showed conviction and waved it off herself if she felt she needed to.

Didn't see the fight, but it's a pretty shameful corner job if they forced their fighter to go out when they said they were done.

Nobody forced her to go back out there. She could have called it herself anytime she wanted to.

Her corner may have foolishly convinced her to go against her better judgement, but they didn't force her. She should have showed conviction and waved it off herself if she felt she needed to.

Protect fighters from themselves.

The damage she took was not worth your guess that she gained pride or confidence.

IMO

She had the option to end the fight and she didn't. She could have told anyone other than her corner and it would have been over.

Unless your her brother , sister, or boyfriend, there is no way of knowing what the effect was on her..we are all just speculating.
No anyone could see the fucking bucket of blood pouring out her face in the 5th, and the ref saying advance your position and rocky trying to cover even more so it's clear she wants out.

Back