"Big" John McCarthy explains the New Unified Rules of MMA

Most overrated ref in the game.

10-7's? They better be rare. The opponent can rally with 10-9's in two rounds and still lose the fight.

EKHs7e.gif

They should put together a video of rounds that illustrate the new scoring criteria.

They really, really need to do this.

They should put together a video of rounds that illustrate the new scoring criteria.

They really, really need to do this.
Just revisit old contraversial fights and do scoring for those, people would watch it

Would love to see effective striking become more important, octagon control become less important, and for there to be a lot more 10-8 rounds.

Hopefully that's what these new rules do, but I'm not too confident much will change.

Fedor got 10-7'd against Maldondo

Applied retroactively for example, I'm sure Dodson comfortably beat Lineker then.

Of course there are countless others.

I heard they're giving Woodley a new skin next patch.

Currently Paragons and Smite. Used to play Dota / Dota 2.
How is smite these days i played it a bit during beta and when released but its been a few years

Was pretty cool i loved that crocodile with the charge and displacement guy was beastly

Maybe they will do albino woodley and then he would have deceptive explosiveness to any newcomers

Actually you mean Defcon 1.

20130724-defcon.jpg
Leonard Garcia getting twistered = Defcon 1

Holly losing two in a row = Defcon 2 and 3

Jon Jones getting suspended = Defcon 4

This = Defcon 5

But sure....i suppose we can restart :p

I still have an issue with multiple warnings.

How good are rules if fighters can break them many time without penalties?

So true! In what other sport do the referees warn people after they break the rules? Have you ever seen an NFL referee allow a touchdown even though there was a flag for holding by an offensive lineman? Breaking a rule should cause the fight to be stopped, and for the rule breaker to have a point taken away. Fighters will learn real quick to cut that crap out or risk losing points and possibly fights.

Back