Media Big John: Bader is a bad matchup for Stipe, Phil Davis is a bad matchup for Jon Jones

Big John still has a LONG way to go to ever shill as hard as Rogan when he stated Rousey "could beat half the male UFC fighters in her weight class, and I'm serious".
Yeah...we know that now. There was a time when Ronda seemed unstoppable though. There was NEVER a time when Phil Davis had a chance versus Pico Jones. Still like Rogain and Big John regardless of how they choose to do their jobs.

Stipe would flatten Bader with a jab

media

Look at the difference in head/leg size

Stipe's knee looks like three of Bader's glued together
007_Stipe_Miocic_and_Daniel_Cormier_2.0.jpg

AccurateGlisteningCurlew-size_restricted.gif

Its one thing to say Lima can beat Usman or Pitbull has a good chance to beat Volkanovski and its another thing to say Phil Davis beats Jones. I mean like others have said there is shilling for the org you work for and being delusional.

Next he'll be like Danis beats anyone in UFC and Jack Swagger would kill Ngannou.

Does John get paid every time he shills this hard? first the MVP/Anderson comment and now this.

Some of the bellator fighters do have a decent chance though. I feel like the chance increases every time you go down in weight other than Mousasi probably having a better chance than Lima. I think Lima's quality is very close to Usmans but I think Usman has the perfect style to beat Lima.

Pitbull has a good shot against Volk honestly. Like a really good one. wouldn't be surprised to see pitbull win that.

Mousse and Lima are great but Bader.. same mediocre wrestleboxer he ever was.

I agree that Bader is an interesting matchup for Stipe

I disagree on Phil Davis being a tough matchup for Jones

Stylebender, yoel both beat moose but moose can beat whittaker
Bader loses to Jones or Stipe
Davis loses to jones
I like Usman or cody to beat Lima.

Maybe he is right, Strikeforce guys came over with big success. Who knows...

My thoughts are similar.

Basically, Big John is saying the complete opposite of 'Big Brown's "If you're not in the UFC, you ain't shit" comment.

He MAY be right about Stipe & Bader, but its more accurate to say it'd be an interesting matchup.

But Jones & Davis?....
<LikeReally5>
There's not any aspect of Davis that is a threat to Jones. None. Maybe Jones on his worst day and Davis on his best would be an interesting fight, otherwise Jones would dominate Davis for five rounds if not finishing him long before the 5th round bell.

LOL, BJM doing his best to promote Bellator. Davis would get embarrassed and Bader would get KOd. The strength of Bellator vs UFC is at WW with Lima, and LW and FW/BW

The same Bader who lost to Tito Ortiz inside 2 minutes? That's the guy who would beat Stipe?

<DontBelieve1>

Breaking....Big John has absorbed all the CTE he has witnessed!!!

Mousasi is one of the best fighters in the planet at that weight Class, end of.

There fact that the Bellator roster are basically allowed to use PEDs also needs to be factored in. We have seen great prospects and proven elites come into the USADA pool and look like different animals.

Its one thing to say Lima can beat Usman or Pitbull has a good chance to beat Volkanovski and its another thing to say Phil Davis beats Jones. I mean like others have said there is shilling for the org you work for and being delusional.

Next he'll be like Danis beats anyone in UFC and Jack Swagger would kill Ngannou.

Yeah it's funny, Josh Thomson is almost as bad as Big John when it comes to this, but even he acted like BJM was insane when he brought up Phil Davis vs Jones.

Big John trying to do his employers a solid. He's in dreamland if he thinks Dana would ever cross promote with Bellator. There's literally no upside for Dana and all upside for Bellator.

Yeah...we know that now. There was a time when Ronda seemed unstoppable though. There was NEVER a time when Phil Davis had a chance versus Pico Jones. Still like Rogain and Big John regardless of how they choose to do their jobs.

Bader and Davis have as much a chance as the Anthony Smiths of the division at beating Jones. Rousey never had any chance of being competitive against male bantamweights in the UFC.

Looking unstoppable has nothing to do with it. Nunes and Valentina both look unstoppable. UFC males their size would wipe the floor with them. It's basic biology.

I like Big John a lot, but he's gone off the biased deep end.

He also states that Lima beats Usman and Mousasi beats Stylebender.

Regarding Bader and Phil its pretty dumb. Its the other way around.

But I also see Lima defeating Usman and Mousasi would be stylebenders biggest threat. He could win and I would favour him . Better jab,defense and control of distance , far superior ground game, granite chin.

Back