Big JM Kimbo n Dada bad call

W

WarKO

honestly, did anyone else think that first round was some bad referreing by Big JM.

Like literally, Kimbo was in full mount with Dada holding him down and they stayed immobile like that for over two minutes. I was watching the clock and forgot the exact time but at least 1-2 minutes of Dada just holding Kimbo on top him. Big JM usually does good job too. He should have stood them up, really bad call.

one of the hardest fights to ref...they gassed so fast and then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds they never has been any fighters I've ever seen in history more tired

full mount is a dominant position so normally you never stand that up and dada was grabbing kimbo close to him so he couldn't do anything...thats the only case where i would agree with a standup in full mount...man that fight was just such a mess...im moving on from it..at least they have some real fights coming up on fri

He made up for it later in the fight with some really quick stand-ups.

honestly, did anyone else think that first round was some bad referreing by Big JM.

Like literally, Kimbo was in full mount with Dada holding him down and they stayed immobile like that for over two minutes. I was watching the clock and forgot the exact time but at least 1-2 minutes of Dada just holding Kimbo on top him. Big JM usually does good job too. He should have stood them up, really bad call.

I'm pretty sure Joe Rogan would tell you too fucking bad. If you want someone in mount off of you, then get him off of you instead of hoping the ref saves you from a dominant position.

Yeah I can't recall anyone just staying in full mount and not doing anything from that position. Maybe royce vs Alan jimmerson where royce just laid on him til he quit

He stood them up constantly. It wasn't John's fault that they couldn't get shit done anywhere...

Yeah I can't recall anyone just staying in full mount and not doing anything from that position. Maybe royce vs Alan jimmerson where royce just laid on him til he quit

Jeremy Horn vs. Frank Shamrock

http://www.mmanews.com/john-mccarthy-on-kimbo-vs-dada-5000-oh-my-god-this-things-going-three-rounds/

Your post doesn't make much sense. You make the point that Kimbo was in full mount for roughly 2 minutes without doing a damn thing and then you're complaining that Big John made a mistake by standing them up?

I thought every one of Big John's standups and breaks were absolutely called for. These guys were doing nothing other than resting. We didn't tune in to watch two guys rest in the cage for the last 14 minutes of a fight.

I just didn't understand why Kimbo didn't put the forearm in his face and break his grip. You don't need a terrible amount of training to figure that out.

Your post doesn't make much sense. You make the point that Kimbo was in full mount for roughly 2 minutes without doing a damn thing and then you're complaining that Big John made a mistake by standing them up?

I thought every one of Big John's standups and breaks were absolutely called for. These guys were doing nothing other than resting. We didn't tune in to watch two guys rest in the cage for the last 14 minutes of a fight.

He is complaining that JM didn't do it sooner.

Ah my bad, I read the last "should" in his post as "shouldn't".

OP, I owe you a Pepsi.

Thanks. PM me your name, credit card #, PIN and SS# and Ill go and charge a pepsi@the store. Dont worry Ill use it only to purchase one Pepsi...or Ill report you to the mods for lying!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure Joe Rogan would tell you too fucking bad. If you want someone in mount off of you, then get him off of you instead of hoping the ref saves you from a dominant position.

*SIGH* I can't believe there's two ppl in the thread that don't know this and need it explained...

It doesn't matter if its a dominant position, it's called inactivity. If fighters are locked up where nothing
is happening they warned and then stood up. You can't just sit on someone.

This also happens if one is leaning on another against the cage and they're just kinda hugging.
It's different if a fighters is hitting the opponent than if they're tied up.

This rule exists to make fights more dynamic. He did make up for it later on but let it go way to long in the first round, Kimbo had full mount and Dada was just holding him down for 2 minutes.

one of the hardest fights to ref...they gassed so fast and then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds they never has been any fighters I've ever seen in history more tired

full mount is a dominant position so normally you never stand that up and dada was grabbing kimbo close to him so he couldn't do anything...thats the only case where i would agree with a standup in full mount...man that fight was just such a mess...im moving on from it..at least they have some real fights coming up on fri

ALL inactive situations are stood up or seperated, even in clinche. Nothing was happening.

BJM is the best ref in MMA today. Usually when someone is in mount the ref will very rarely stand them up. He gave Kimbo more than enough time to do something but Kimbo did nothing then he stood them up. IMO he did the job of ref perfectly in this fight.

I'm no ref, but in MY opinion, BJM did the best he could do with what he had to deal with.

*SIGH* I can't believe there's two ppl in the thread that don't know this and need it explained...

It doesn't matter if its a dominant position, it's called inactivity.

Too. Damn. Bad. Do I need to explain this to you?

Back