Big D: Danny Garcia vs Berto rumored to be on Showtime 9/24

And not a single fuck will be given.

giphy.gif

Good stylistic matchup, IMO. I don't mind this fight.

At least he is a welter weight..... Danny probably the most boring person/career, that a network oor promotional company is trying to push. Hope he gets KOed. Upper cut is couner to a hook, so hopefully Betto can land it.

At least he is a welter weight..... Danny probably the most boring person/career, that a network oor promotional company is trying to push. Hope he gets KOed. Upper cut is couner to a hook, so hopefully Betto can land it.

Berto was getting boxed up by Victor Ortiz, from the Expendables, before he punched Ortiz once and Ortiz quit.

This is what I was expecting right after Berto's last fight but didn't think it would take so long.

I was hoping Danny would step it up a bit though. Is he waiting for something?

Andre's the only guy that go on a pretty bad streak, but wind up with two world-title shots nearly back-to-back for beating guys like Lopez and Ortiz.

I know he got that fight with Floyd because "Floyd owed" him.. but Floyd only owed him because Berto kept losing the fights that Floyd wanted him to win lol.

It will probably be a reasonable fight but the third irrelevant one for Danny at WW.

Berto was getting boxed up by Victor Ortiz, from the Expendables, before he punched Ortiz once and Ortiz quit.
Lost it @ from the Expendables.

Im a huge Swift fan and this grinds my gears.

As trash as Berto looked before that punch, it was a peach of a shot. Anyway, yeah, not much of a fight even if it could lead to some fireworks.

Yea, shit fight. Which is why I want Berto to somehow land something, end the crap reign of DannyG. Dude is a joke

Yea, shit fight. Which is why I want Berto to somehow land something, end the crap reign of DannyG. Dude is a joke

He just doesn't seem to want to fight. Most young champions still want to fight and prove they are the best. Danny Garcia wants nothing to do with any of that.

When Pacquiao was 28, he was in the middle of trilogies with Barrera and Morales, and had just fought Marquez.

I think people are just getting used to guys not fighting, and excusing it in their minds because it is what the norm has become.

Seano and DeJulez are in agreement with Garcia that he turned down the Pacquiao fight. Pacquiao earned everything he has in the sport the hard way. It's disappointing to see young guys refuse to do the same.

Imagine if Floyd or Pacquiao were offered a shot at an icon when they were 28. Floyd had to wait until he was in his 30s to get that DLH fight, after years of trying to get it. Pacquiao would have fought a hippopotamus if they offered to double his pay.

Nobody is talking about the outrageous part. It's on Showtime and not PBC.

Most likely because PBC ran out of primetime deals.

They'll have 1 or 2 left for NBC later this year I think. They ran out of primetime for Fox

Good stylistic matchup, IMO. I don't mind this fight.

Fun, but meaningless and 0 people will pick Berto unless they are trolling (I'm looking at you @DeJulez)

Im a huge Swift fan and this grinds my gears.

It should be a tune up between better fights, but it's following a tune up that followed a tune up.

He just doesn't seem to want to fight. Most young champions still want to fight and prove they are the best. Danny Garcia wants nothing to do with any of that.

When Pacquiao was 28, he was in the middle of trilogies with Barrera and Morales, and had just fought Marquez.

I think people are just getting used to guys not fighting, and excusing it in their minds because it is what the norm has become.

Seano and DeJulez are in agreement with Garcia that he turned down the Pacquiao fight. Pacquiao earned everything he has in the sport the hard way. It's disappointing to see young guys refuse to do the same.

Imagine if Floyd or Pacquiao were offered a shot at an icon when they were 28. Floyd had to wait until he was in his 30s to get that DLH fight, after years of trying to get it. Pacquiao would have fought a hippopotamus if they offered to double his pay.
Exactly. Danny is following the blueprint for after these guys already established themselves as the best. After they had beat up the legends and squashed their contemporary up and comers. DSG has done neither. Most protected fighter because he has top 5s all at his weight that have been calling him out for years. Turning down Pac for Berto. Wonder how much $ for this one???
Not the worst. Watchable. Would like it better if it was free on regular cable instead of Showtime.

Back