Big Brother US Season 15 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new format is a complete buzzkill.

That was a pretty entertaining first episode. Here are my thoughts:

- Spencer (red beard) gives me the vibe of a smart guy that is going to lay low for a while, position himself well within an alliance, and make a big move later. Hopefully that doesn't get him labelled as a floater and voted out early.

- David (lifeguard) will probably float through the game because he comes off as a complete non-threat.

- Aaryn (blonde from Texas) looked much better on the show with glasses on than she did in the promo pics.

- McCrae is a dark horse to make it far. He seems to have a goofy, unassuming personality that will help fly under the radar even if he makes moves in the game.

- I can't decide if Nick is going to be like Brian (first out) or Dan (won it all) from BB10. He seems a bit cocky in his DR interviews but if he doesn't try to run things too early he can probably do well.

- None of the women really stood out strategy-wise. I think they cast a lot of attractive women with loud personalities hoping that they will clash and it looks like that is going to happen. It might make for some fun arguments but the downside is that it might take away from actual strategy.

I think the MVP twist is kinda lame.

McCrae For 500k!

Nick seems like a complete dick and Gina Marie is pretty fucking annoying. I am going to vote for McCrae every week.

i'm going to give the twist a chance, but i don't like how arbitrarily it's earned. either production is gonna give it to whom they see fit or america is going to give it to who the like the most...which is almost never who i like the most.

i see situations where it can be cool and strategic, and situations where part of the game i love is completely lost.

if this was season 12, where it was Rachel and Brendan vs the house...either of them winning the HOH would be completely useless. they can no longer guarantee the other one stays off the block. In fact, one would win HOH, the other would go home, and then the next week they have to sit out HOH. Seems kind of hopeless for the black sheep.

McCrae For 500k!

Nick seems like a complete dick and Gina Marie is pretty fucking annoying. I am going to vote for McCrae every week.

they all seem full of themselves. i think they casted Nick to be like Dan, and though he seems like a tool, he might be crafty. I like crafty. the native american poser is as bad as it gets.

i will, as i always do, cheer for the person who approaches it as aggressively and strategically as possible without sacrificing intelligence. That or the cutest chick, but there ain't no Britneys in this cast.

pizzaboy aint getting my support yet.

I was looking forward to seeing some of these girls nude on big brother after dark but it's no longer on Showtime. It's now on some free basic channel TVGN. WTF were they thinking?

i think the twist is thrown in to buy time for rachel's sis.

I thought the first episode was really good. Overall I'm OK with what they're doing with the MVP twist. My biggest concern was that it was going to be way too powerful and if nothing else they avoided that. I still don't buy the way that they're trying to sell it by saying that it will prevent floating by rewarding good game play. In my opinion MVP = fan favorite. One thing I'm worried about is the same player winning it every week. That would get old real fast. I have a feeling we're going to see even more people throw HOH than normal since the twist really weakens its power.

I hope the MVP can't be won twice on a row. I was actually worried that the winner would get immunity from being nominated.

The girls this season are hot, though Gina Marie seems annoying. Too bad one of them will probably be gone second.

Not sure about the whole cast yet, but I voted for Aaryn.

I thought the first episode was really good. Overall I'm OK with what they're doing with the MVP twist. My biggest concern was that it was going to be way too powerful and if nothing else they avoided that. I still don't buy the way that they're trying to sell it by saying that it will prevent floating by rewarding good game play. In my opinion MVP = fan favorite. One thing I'm worried about is the same player winning it every week. That would get old real fast. I have a feeling we're going to see even more people throw HOH than normal since the twist really weakens its power.

its very unfair for the players involved. production makes the edit; therefore, the mvp is going to be the person portrayed favorably to the public.

its very unfair for the players involved. production makes the edit; therefore, the mvp is going to be the person portrayed favorably to the public.

I agree it's unfair it's just not as unfair as I feared it might be. I was worried that the three nominees twist was going to mean that the MVP would get to nullify a nomination which would have been way too powerful. Obviously the twist can still be really helpful for a player if it's used right but if the house really wants you out being MVP probably isn't going to save you.

Glad this shows back. Summer TV has really sucked.

I'm lukewarm on the new twist although last season is the first that I've watched and it seems that the shows production heavily influences the game anyways, so not sure that this will be much different. In a way, I guess the twists keep it interesting, but people can also be really screwed by them. Then again, I guess everyone knows that going in..."expect the unexpected" or whatever.

Interesting contrast with Survivor where production intervention seems more limited. Allows time for contestants to implement and follow through with their strategies. This is cool though too because people need to adjust and adapt.

Also, really happy with the quality of the babes and size of the boobies this season.

Andy is the worst token gay guy in many seasons.

Can BBMVP also be the HoH?

The girl who said she friendzones guys, and the blondie from Texas are smokin' hot

especially the friendzoner

I hope that Staten Island chick walks first. She's annoying as fuck.

i think the twist is thrown in to buy time for rachel's sis.

She's going to need something to save her. I don't think she's a threat at all, but she's definitely an easy target.

Lol @ all these premature alliances that are gonna fizzle out by week three when they realize they actually hate each other.

McCrae and Spencer are my tops so far. Like Kaitlyn too, but only from her intro as she didn't get much DR time.

Seems like they're gonna turn the black guy into T-Dogg. Feed him a bunch of scripted "Dis summer gonna be crazy yo" lines.

And the first Big Brother MVP is..

Elissa. FUCK! The whole house hates her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back