Big Brother Season 18 Thread V2 Juan Snow's Power of Friendship Edition

Who wins Big Brother 18?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And @Lead, thanks again for another great thread. Appreciate the hard work. Hope you keep it up with BB OTT, will try and find a way to watch, but will definitely check out your updates

Late on this but thoughts about the finale.

-So glad Paul and Nicole won the first two comps because the general consensus (at least here) were they were the players to beat. Finale is always great when it comes down to 1 vs 2 (Vanessa v. Steve, Derrick v Cody).
-Paul really really fuck up with the final two decision. Was stunned to see him win and then take Nicole to the end. I need to find the post interviews but I'd like to know his reasoning behind the whole thing. I'm wondering if it was a matter of guessing who he could vote out and still get their vote after the fact or if he really thought James was more likeable than him and would win alone on that. I'm guessing he thought maybe getting Nicole out would piss off Corey and then ultimately Paulie so he would lose the guy vote. Problem is, he easily should've know he loses the Corey vote no matter if Nicole is sitting there. It's a tradeoff since you then get Natalie and with Nicole there, you do get Michelle. It's just rough on his side.
The other thing with the decision is I think Paul lucked out with the final vote even. 5-4 was a really good outcome from how I could've seen it going. He still got James vote despite sending him out of the house minutes before and he got Bridgette's vote which I thought really could've gone either way.
-Nicole deserved to win as soon as Paul made that decision for final two. I didn't read up on it yet but she did have a talk with Paul before the show that may have flipped him which gives far more credit to her game. The thing with me is Nicole and Paul are a decent toss up at that point and if you let the other get to the final two, you kinda made the tiebreaker decision in my mind. Nicole could've ended up doing the same thing but I'm going off what happened.
-I'm sure DaVonne had an orgasm being the final vote on that show. She wanted to seem more important than she was and this helped do it. Do they always go backwards with the vote? Anyways, I'm glad the sit down with WIll showed DaVonne say Nicole's biggest move was getting her out of the house and Michelle saying that wasn't a big move. DaVonne's intentions as soon as she was out was to continue to pretend she was this great player. Voting for Paul doesn't allow for that because she's voting for a new player and one who didn't participate much in her demise. Nicole always has to be above DaVonne for helping get her out which means DaVonne at best can only be 2nd best. If Paul wins, that means at most 3rd best.
-With that said, DaVonne's vote was justified and completely reasonable. You need to understand what the climate was when she left the house. All the power was with Davonne, Nicole/Corey, Michelle, Z, and Paulie. Paul at that point lost Victor and was staying low and listening to Paulie's every command. Paul seemed very much as that point of the show week because he handled the first weeks awfully siding with Jozea and Victor and then after having his side obliterated, was just serving as a right hand man to Paulie. You can't appreciate Paul's game until the Z eviction and DaVonne focused on that part of the season being about Paulie being an asshole than seeing the genius of the house flipping at that point due to some players that weren't too influential early on (Bridgette, Nat, Paul).
-You can see this point of Davonne's perception further validated with how Bridgette voted. I know she may have not liked Nicole at all but she did want a girl to win that show and knew about a girl never winning with a guy in the final two. That definitely had to set a little in her mind. But look at when Bridgette left compared to Z. She got to see when Paul left that point of being Paulie's lapdog and saw Paul was actually playing the game and waiting for the perfect moment to flip the house. She was in a similar situation with Frank out so she understood why you needed to stay low at that point.
-What's funny is the votes I respect the least may be Paulie and Z. I think Paulie similar to Nat now in that he talked all about honor and these dumb standards that made him a respectable player but that didn't show. When he lost, he banked hard on that he was staying true to his guys pact no matter what (this was BS to begin with) but when one of your guys ends up in the final two, you bank on Nicole? Not to mention, it seemed very clear you also banked on her if the other guy James was beside her? Yea, that is BS and him and Z may be the only group think votes that developed in the jury. They were all on board to vote however Corey voted if Nicole was there (and possibly if she wasn't.) I give Z more leeway for the same reason as DaVonne though and the fact she was very close to Nicole alliance wise (she was in the Nicole/Corey, Michelle, Paulie/Z alliance when shit hit he fan and Nicole didn't seem to be a reason she got fucked, that was Paulie's fault.
-Glad the James vote wasn't for Nicole and I think that helps squash the conspiracies and the drama a few weeks before the finale. You could wonder if James and Nicole were told they are not longer allowed to vote for each other to win at the point that all happened. I'm unsure. What's funnier is James voted against Nicole and Natalie suddenly is okay with Nicole/Corey by voting for them. I'm wondering if she did it just becuase Paul voted James out. There are plenty of petty reasons I could see with it but I'm glad their votes just ended up cancelling each other out.
-Victor winning America's favorite was great. I get that James and Natalie's vote split which helped but the guy must've felted unliked with America's care package. I actually think within the house, Victor became the most liked player. I think just about everyone liked him at the end, including Nat who squashed the whole early showmance thing once he came back. He definitely needs to be a returning player and it'd be great to have Nicole with him. He definitely likes her and they have a decent history with all the backstabbings despite still being happy as friends.

Last edited:
Victor winning America's Favourite Player over James and Natalie was great. I especially loved that they tried to get James' reaction before showing Victor.

In a way Nicole was the perfect winner for the season, a decent winner but not the best one.

Info about BB: Over The Top:

Weekly schedule:
Weekly schedule - times are Pacific

Monday 1pm: Veto comp
Monday 7pm: Weekly Replay daily recap
Tuesday 1pm: Veto meeting
Tuesday 7pm: Weekly Replay daily recap
Tuesday 7.30pm: Live Diaries
Wednesday 7pm: Weekly recap
Wednesday 8pm: Live eviction
Wednesday 9pm: HOH comp
Thursday various times: Julie QA with hamsters, and evictee interview
Thursday 7pm: Weekly Replay daily recap
Friday 7pm: Weekly Replay daily recap
Friday 7.30pm: Live Diaries
Saturday 1pm: Have-not reveal
Saturday 7pm: Safety ceremony
Sunday 7pm: Final safety ceremony/nominations

@Lead , your wish has been granted. Apparently you will get live diary rooms twice per week.

General info:
The fall season Big Brother Over The Top begins September 28 at 7pm PT/10pm ET exclusively on All Access, and I now have more information about it.. we were told viewer voting would impact the game and it's true: the first one is whether BB17 Jason Roy or BB18 Jozea Flores will join the cast

In addition, we now know viewers will determine the winner, but they aren't going full international style: there will be a weekly HOH who will determine which hamsters are safe each week.. I don't yet know if the hamsters will evict themselves or if that'll be viewer votes

Live eviction shows hosted by Julie will be Wednesdays at 7pm PT/10pm ET.. there will be weekly recaps before those shows, as well as Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, all at 7pm PT/10pm ET.. Julie will interview evictees on Thursday afternoons (times will vary - she's a busy lady)

Safety ceremonies when HOH will declare who's safe that week will be live Saturdays and Sundays at 7pm PT/10pm ET, and there will be live Diary sessions Tuesdays and Fridays at 7.30pm PT/10.30pm ET, and we've already heard comps will air live on the feeds

And of course it'll have live feeds for everything else! BBOTT will have 13 hamsters, it's scheduled to run 10 weeks, grand prize will be $250,000, and it'll be exclusively on All Access.. sign up now and you'll be set to watch it from the start, along with anything in Flashback from BB18, along with zillions of CBS shows including BB1 thru BB18.. reminder, they recently launched a new commercial-free option

All info is from the always awesome http://www.hamsterwatch.com/

They definitely are doing a lot of things right with this type of platform. I gotta say I'm disappointed they moved back to the BB1 format somewhat with America evicting. That's where I draw the line with fan interaction. Watch the show Glass House and see how boring that shit got when they made it about fans evicting. A player like Natalie or James can really stop playing the game entirely and win the whole thing. It encourages floaters and to avoid confrontation. I will say compared to BB1 and Glass House, it won't have as much of the problem that production can make some players look good or bad since the audience/show revolves around the feeds so there's less propaganda. My hope is this is just their initial try at the show and they rather do it this way the first time. My worry however is they seem this as the perfect format for a minor league big brother. Whoever wins BB OTT clearly is someone fans like and ultimately someone they will want to put in the house next year. The entire thing seems like it is just to cast players for next summer. Smart on CBS but maybe not the exact type of thing I was hoping for in a show. I care about the game and not who America loves and hates.

And @Lead, thanks again for another great thread. Appreciate the hard work. Hope you keep it up with BB OTT, will try and find a way to watch, but will definitely check out your updates

Yea, I'll make a thread if no one else wants to.

What is the "safety ceremony"?

They are doing something similar to BB1. HOH doesn't pick nominees. They pick players who can't get evicted that week. After that, the players who aren't safe all have the chance of being evicted. AMERICA votes who ends up going home (or maybe it's who has the least amount to stay) and then it resets the following week. The majority of strategy to the game is gutted with the format and it really becomes about the personalities. If you do good casting, I could still be great TV but I'm not optimistic now. I think the winner is going to be on BB19 for sure and they might even flat out say that at the premier next week. I'll watch knowing that fact because I'll want to know as much about a BB19 player before the season starts if I can through this format.

Has it been confirmed that America votes people out? I think I heard Julie say that America will have a hand in it, or maybe that was in reference to the final winner.

I agree that it's weird that they are going back to a more viewer-centric show. I figure the people most likely to watch an online season are the feed-watchers and they probably don't want a season that is stripped of strategy.

Late on this but thoughts about the finale.

-So glad Paul and Nicole won the first two comps because the general consensus (at least here) were they were the players to beat. Finale is always great when it comes down to 1 vs 2 (Vanessa v. Steve, Derrick v Cody).
-Paul really really fuck up with the final two decision. Was stunned to see him win and then take Nicole to the end. I need to find the post interviews but I'd like to know his reasoning behind the whole thing. I'm wondering if it was a matter of guessing who he could vote out and still get their vote after the fact or if he really thought James was more likeable than him and would win alone on that. I'm guessing he thought maybe getting Nicole out would piss off Corey and then ultimately Paulie so he would lose the guy vote. Problem is, he easily should've know he loses the Corey vote no matter if Nicole is sitting there. It's a tradeoff since you then get Natalie and with Nicole there, you do get Michelle. It's just rough on his side.
The other thing with the decision is I think Paul lucked out with the final vote even. 5-4 was a really good outcome from how I could've seen it going. He still got James vote despite sending him out of the house minutes before and he got Bridgette's vote which I thought really could've gone either way.
-Nicole deserved to win as soon as Paul made that decision for final two. I didn't read up on it yet but she did have a talk with Paul before the show that may have flipped him which gives far more credit to her game. The thing with me is Nicole and Paul are a decent toss up at that point and if you let the other get to the final two, you kinda made the tiebreaker decision in my mind. Nicole could've ended up doing the same thing but I'm going off what happened.
-I'm sure DaVonne had an orgasm being the final vote on that show. She wanted to seem more important than she was and this helped do it. Do they always go backwards with the vote? Anyways, I'm glad the sit down with WIll showed DaVonne say Nicole's biggest move was getting her out of the house and Michelle saying that wasn't a big move. DaVonne's intentions as soon as she was out was to continue to pretend she was this great player. Voting for Paul doesn't allow for that because she's voting for a new player and one who didn't participate much in her demise. Nicole always has to be above DaVonne for helping get her out which means DaVonne at best can only be 2nd best. If Paul wins, that means at most 3rd best.
-With that said, DaVonne's vote was justified and completely reasonable. You need to understand what the climate was when she left the house. All the power was with Davonne, Nicole/Corey, Michelle, Z, and Paulie. Paul at that point lost Victor and was staying low and listening to Paulie's every command. Paul seemed very much as that point of the show week because he handled the first weeks awfully siding with Jozea and Victor and then after having his side obliterated, was just serving as a right hand man to Paulie. You can't appreciate Paul's game until the Z eviction and DaVonne focused on that part of the season being about Paulie being an asshole than seeing the genius of the house flipping at that point due to some players that weren't too influential early on (Bridgette, Nat, Paul).
-You can see this point of Davonne's perception further validated with how Bridgette voted. I know she may have not liked Nicole at all but she did want a girl to win that show and knew about a girl never winning with a guy in the final two. That definitely had to set a little in her mind. But look at when Bridgette left compared to Z. She got to see when Paul left that point of being Paulie's lapdog and saw Paul was actually playing the game and waiting for the perfect moment to flip the house. She was in a similar situation with Frank out so she understood why you needed to stay low at that point.
-What's funny is the votes I respect the least may be Paulie and Z. I think Paulie similar to Nat now in that he talked all about honor and these dumb standards that made him a respectable player but that didn't show. When he lost, he banked hard on that he was staying true to his guys pact no matter what (this was BS to begin with) but when one of your guys ends up in the final two, you bank on Nicole? Not to mention, it seemed very clear you also banked on her if the other guy James was beside her? Yea, that is BS and him and Z may be the only group think votes that developed in the jury. They were all on board to vote however Corey voted if Nicole was there (and possibly if she wasn't.) I give Z more leeway for the same reason as DaVonne though and the fact she was very close to Nicole alliance wise (she was in the Nicole/Corey, Michelle, Paulie/Z alliance when shit hit he fan and Nicole didn't seem to be a reason she got fucked, that was Paulie's fault.
-Glad the James vote wasn't for Nicole and I think that helps squash the conspiracies and the drama a few weeks before the finale. You could wonder if James and Nicole were told they are not longer allowed to vote for each other to win at the point that all happened. I'm unsure. What's funnier is James voted against Nicole and Natalie suddenly is okay with Nicole/Corey by voting for them. I'm wondering if she did it just becuase Paul voted James out. There are plenty of petty reasons I could see with it but I'm glad their votes just ended up cancelling each other out.
-Victor winning America's favorite was great. I get that James and Natalie's vote split which helped but the guy must've felted unliked with America's care package. I actually think within the house, Victor became the most liked player. I think just about everyone liked him at the end, including Nat who squashed the whole early showmance thing once he came back. He definitely needs to be a returning player and it'd be great to have Nicole with him. He definitely likes her and they have a decent history with all the backstabbings despite still being happy as friends.
Paul and Nicole had a convo 1 hour before they went live

Nicole and Paul, 23, both would have had a better chance winning against James, 32. But Paul didn't take the easy way out — and Nicole would have done the same. In fact, the nurse tells Us that they had a secret meeting ahead of the finale.
"I would have taken [Paul], because we had a heart-to-heart about an hour before the live show. And I said, 'I'm taking you because I respect your game so much, and I think you deserve to be there. I don't think I am going to beat you, but I'm just letting you know that I'm taking you because my heart wants me to take you. My head wanted James, but I don't mind losing to who I consider the best,'" she recalls. "So, had I lost to Paul I would have been OK with it. Had I lost to James, I don't think he played even close of a game like Paul and I. As a superfan, you want to take someone and be sitting next to someone that's great."

From jokers

I thought Paul deserved it. But looking back, he did piss off a lot of people when he was threatened. Actually surprised Michelle voted for him

she hated Nicole more

just voted with less bitterness

I would like a combo of the Aussie rules and American.

in the Aussie format all the houseguests go into a private chamber and give their list of noms. It's more than 2.

they have points to delegate to for priority and at the end the lists are tallied and 3 highest scorers are on the block and get voted on by the public.

they have no veto. only a HoH.

I'd change that up a bit ofc but do like how everyone in the house can give a list of noms.

Looking back, I think Paul genuinely thought he'd win by a landslide no matter who he was sitting next to.

I think his decision for the final 2 was based on who he wanted to give the $50,000 to, rather than who he had a better chance to win against. This is supported by his final 2 speech where he talked about being back stabbed by James for the last time. Who cares if he back stabbed you if he was easier to beat in the end anyway? Paul thought he'd win either way.

Risky decision though. I'm sure he regrets it.

Looking back, I think Paul genuinely thought he'd win by a landslide no matter who he was sitting next to.

I think his decision for the final 2 was based on who he wanted to give the $50,000 to, rather than who he had a better chance to win against. This is supported by his final 2 speech where he talked about being back stabbed by James for the last time. Who cares if he back stabbed you if he was easier to beat in the end anyway? Paul thought he'd win either way.

Risky decision though. I'm sure he regrets it.

Like evil posted above with the Nicole Paul, conversation, there had to be a deep resentment and fear of letting James win the game. Neither of them respected the way he played and though all three of those pairs back stabbed each other multiple times, James and Nat were the biggest assholes about it in making it a holier than thou type thing. Paul was an ass at one point but it was to try to make people think him and Victor had split and it almost worked with Nat and Michelle.

I gotta say though, it must be heard in that situation. 450,000 dollar decision and you aren't seeing what we did on the feeds. If you didn't interact with a person game wise too much, you have no idea who they are going to pick. Paul definitely wasn't in the loop early on and that may have left him in the dark with da z etc. With that said though, James was in a similar disadvantage (at least more so than Nicole) but maybe Paul didn't really know that. He probably thought they were both in the loop.

I agree he could've been overconfident but I definitely think they really could've been against James getting money. I mean those final three comps had to piss them off alone. He somewhat acted like he didn't need to win them and that probably made them even more mad.

I just figured Paul wanted a more deserving person than James to get the second place money.

Weren't they asking James if he threw that final comp? And James asked "which one?" Lmao. Plus James going around to the cameras acting cocky like he could relax now bc he was certain he was making final two?

Idk but id be rubbed wrong by somebody not putting in the effort when everybody else is.

Also glad James didn't get the AFP cash either. Dude was just grinding on my nerves this season.

Also I heard James and Natalie have already come to an end. Which I'm glad for. Natty need a better feller.

Paul screwed up. He would have beat James IMO. But both him and Nicole played great games. They deserved 1 and 2. I didn't like Paul, but I felt he deserved the win.

Michelle was a waste of a spot on the show. She was the "superfan" but has only been watching BB since season 14. Apparently she had heard of Dr. Will but when he came to do the jury discussion she had no idea that was him. "Played like a teenage girl" is a good description of her game.

I think Nicole would have crushed James but I think James/Paul could have been close. James would get Natalie and Meech's votes for sure. Paulie and Z possibly and Nicole and Corey possibly too (since there was talk of a pre-game deal between the vets). That said, it could also have been just Natalie and Meech so then Paul wins in a landslide.

Natalie and James was never a thing. The more I read about it, the more I realize that James was infatuated with her and she only gave him attention when she wanted/needed it. She was never into James in any sort of "relationship" way. The show just wanted us to believe it because it was a good story.

Your James hate is ridiculous Kardasians. Natty didn't deserve him.
Lol I love Natalie so much tho!

But nah. After she left James spent a solid hour dogging her out with Victor and Paul (plus lots of other instances). It looked damn foolish when they were holding hands at the finale. I was like girl, no. Neither would have been good for the other.

I haven't heard anything about Z and mayo crust king but I really hope they've split.

Lol I love Natalie so much tho!

But nah. After she left James spent a solid hour dogging her out with Victor and Paul (plus lots of other instances). It looked damn foolish when they were holding hands at the finale. I was like girl, no. Neither would have been good for the other.

Well I think we can agree that Zakiyah embarrassed herself the most by puppy dogging to that POS Paulie.

Back