Big Brother Season 18 Thread V1 (Premier June 22nd) 12 Houseguests Revealed

Is it time for another All-Stars season?

• Yes, Semi All-Star season (Seasons after S14, last All-Star Season)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hold off til premier night just because four players still aren't revealed.

I usually have my idea of a pick by week 3 or so. Season 16, it was clear around week 2 that Derrick was in his own league and maybe Frankie would be his comp for the season but Frankie turned into a Helen. Last season I said Austin or Vanessa and I don't really feel bad about it cause Vanessa lost by the very last comp and definitely was viewed as the best of the three.

Picked Amanda in season 15 but her personality even for that house did her in at the second half. I actually think Andy is one of the better winners of the show for two reasons. One, he never had a clear partner he could fully trust and two, because of that, he had to be in game mode the entire time in that house. It made the feeds not reveal that he was far more capable cause you never got to hear his real thoughts other than the diary room. With other winners, you could somewhat see their thoughts more clearer than Andy. He just gets shit cause it wasn't that great of a season because of casting and the awful twist that year.
Yeah for the first week or so my opinion changes frequently. I enjoy picking a few just based on their pics, then watch the premiere and when they open their mouths, my opinion will often change.

The house is definitely a pressure-cooker and paranoid players don't do well. Although Vanessa seems paranoid but did well. Cliques form and it must feel like high school for the players.

Was always surprised how well Donny Thompson did. He was older, always went to bed early while the younger players tend to stay up late, drink, play pool and form bonds. He just had that non-threatening persona I guess and he wasn't considered a threat. Laughed though when Caleb thought Donny was ex-military because of the lack of leg hair or something like that

And just noticed Cody's brother is in the house this year

Yeah for the first week or so my opinion changes frequently. I enjoy picking a few just based on their pics, then watch the premiere and when they open their mouths, my opinion will often change.

The house is definitely a pressure-cooker and paranoid players don't do well. Although Vanessa seems paranoid but did well. Cliques form and it must feel like high school for the players.

Was always surprised how well Donny Thompson did. He was older, always went to bed early while the younger players tend to stay up late, drink, play pool and form bonds. He just had that non-threatening persona I guess and he wasn't considered a threat. Laughed though when Caleb thought Donny was ex-military because of the lack of leg hair or something like that

And just noticed Cody's brother is in the house this year

I really believe the first week can almost pointless to watch feed wise, especially last season. I tried watching that week and it was just everyone trying too hard (especially Aubrey) so I just tuned it out cause nothing they were saying made sense. Within a week, you see a far clearer picture because you start seeing who likes/hangs out with each other and that really decides the alliances sometimes. Clay and Shelly became an obvious pair and ditched all the others on that side of the house they were trying to work with (Da'Vonne, Aubrey, etc) and waited til they figured out Austwins and Vanessa were the better side to pair with,

Ha, wait? So that one guy is Cody's brother. I have in the second post my reactions to the players and the one guy I said was Cody. That's hilarious

I really believe the first week can almost pointless to watch feed wise, especially last season. I tried watching that week and it was just everyone trying too hard (especially Aubrey) so I just tuned it out cause nothing they were saying made sense. Within a week, you see a far clearer picture because you start seeing who likes/hangs out with each other and that really decides the alliances sometimes. Clay and Shelly became an obvious pair and ditched all the others on that side of the house they were trying to work with (Da'Vonne, Aubrey, etc) and waited til they figured out Austwins and Vanessa were the better side to pair with,

Ha, wait? So that one guy is Cody's brother. I have in the second post my reactions to the players and the one guy I said was Cody. That's hilarious
Yep, definitely Cody's brother.

Saw this interesting article the other day, asking former runner-ups of Big Brother questions. They talked to Liz Nolan, Lane Elenburg, Cody Calafiore, and Daniele Donato.

Interesting questions and answers.

One question, they asked, how a male sitting with a female in the final two always has the male winning. Why?

Nolan: Women are catty. They don't want to give their vote to another woman. They make up most of the jury, it's always mostly women. It sucks. I wish they thought differently about their vote. That's why I wanted me and Vanessa to make it to the end because I wanted a woman to win. So, Big Brother 18 I hope you girls are strong and great at the game because two girls need to get to the end in order for you to win.

Donato: It's true what everyone says that women don't want to vote for another woman. I don't want to use the word jealous because everyone uses that on Big Brother, "So and so is jealous of you because you're pretty" or whatever they want to say. I don't think that's necessarily it. Girls just have such strong emotions and you go in there and either love the girls that you're playing with or you hate them. It's real life. You're not going to get along with everybody in real life. It's that heightened in the house. And guys don't want to get beaten out by a girl obviously so they'll vote for the guy in the end.

Which winner was the best to play the game?

Donato: Maggie [Ausburn]. She was an overall beast, very underrated. The only thing she lacked was a good social game, so. . .solidarity sister!

Nolan: Dan Gheesling, no other winner can beat him.

Elenburg: For a woman to win it, Rachel played incredible, both seasons. She's a fearless girl who can get stuff done. I would say her and Dan, I was a huge Dan fan. He is intelligent, knows the game and I can guarantee you if you put him back in the game, he'll make it far, again.

Calafiore: I know a lot of people will give me grief for saying Derrick because they think it's just the easy answer for me, but I really feel that he was the best winner. The only winners that compare are Dan and Will, but Derrick played a game where he never was put on the block once throughout an entire season of Big Brother where four people were nominated each week. That speaks volumes about the relationships he built in the house and the game he was playing. He also had his hand in so many evictions even when he wasn't in power. With that said he was also part of the best duo of all time, I mean come on now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-liz-nolan-899505

Yep, definitely Cody's brother.

Saw this interesting article the other day, asking former runner-ups of Big Brother questions. They talked to Liz Nolan, Lane Elenburg, Cody Calafiore, and Daniele Donato.

Interesting questions and answers.

One question, they asked, how a male sitting with a female in the final two always has the male winning. Why?

Which winner was the best to play the game?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-liz-nolan-899505

Pretty sure I wouldn't even rank Rachel in the top 5 for women who played the game best

Pretty sure I wouldn't even rank Rachel in the top 5 for women who played the game best
She's in the top 5 for most annoying. "Oh my god Brendannn!"

Saw her on The Price is Right episode the other week with the other Big Brother alumni, and I want to throw things at the tv whenever she's on

As usual there is a lack of diversity in the cast.
Need full body pics of the cast to determine which is the hottest.
There are at least 4 pretty faces. (female no romo)
So far I'll be rooting for the old guy - Glen Garcia from the Bronx.
I can't wait for this to start...this is one of the few shows that I can sit down and watch with both my children - a few times a week!

She's in the top 5 for most annoying. "Oh my god Brendannn!"

Saw her on The Price is Right episode the other week with the other Big Brother alumni, and I want to throw things at the tv whenever she's on

She was one of the best heels on the show and I guess that further plays into the theory of why most women don't do well. You don't need to look at the players to see it but more the audience of this show. From the various places I've been online, I'm certain the large majority of this shows audience are caddy housewives who just want to find someone to hate. Every season, you'll see them just talk shit nonstop on a player and somehow completely miss what's going on in the game despite been on feed sites/ect. L

ast season they hated Aubrey and just kept pretending that the show fixed it for her to win because she didn't go the week they expected. After she left, then they shit on shelli and then after that Vanessa. It's really embarrassing to watch/read.

With that said, I think that's why Rachel was a rating magnet. Either some of the caddy women fans liked her cause she was just as mean/nasty as them or they loved hating her and it filled whatever need they had for that. Fairly certain Rachel does have the largest fan base and it's by a large margin

I can't wait for this to start...this is one of the few shows that I can sit down and watch with both my children - a few times a week!

It's impressive how the show can be so many things to different people. They do a good job with production keeping it on par as a family show and then you can use feeds to see more of the less edited stuff. Either way, I think it had something for most people to enjoy. I watched the first season with my family when I was about 9-10.

Really think Ian could be in this season. Look at the cast they revealed. There is always the nerdy/weird fan sterotype guy (Ian, McCrae, Steve). I'm guessing the spots we see vacant are because one of the coaches fit that role already.

Another thing I realized is it may not be returning players and could be like they did with amazing race with Jeff and Jackie. They could just be doing cross over players and don't want to reveal it

It's impressive how the show can be so many things to different people. They do a good job with production keeping it on par as a family show and then you can use feeds to see more of the less edited stuff. Either way, I think it had something for most people to enjoy. I watched the first season with my family when I was about 9-10.

How and where do you watch feeds?
Thanks!

@Lead Salad

Last edited:
The one girl Natalie used to be a cheerleader for the New York Jets. I'm guessing she'll look good in a bikini

natalie.jpg

Cbs.com and you just sign up for their monthly subscription. I think it's like eight dollars a month so you'll pay 24 total and just have to cancel your membership the last month. Didn't have trouble last year doing it

Looks like they're scrapping the Battle of the Block comp for this season, but having a new comp on Sunday night that may affect noms

Article where the exec producers discussed it

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-18-spoilers-battle-of-the-block-new-twists/

Meehan: No battle of the block!

Grodner: A new, Sunday competition is coming into play that will —-

Meehan: Twist up the game! It’s going to be fun, something we’ve never done before.

Grodner: Who knows though maybe sometime in the future it will come back.

Meehan: We need to keep the stakes high in the Sunday show because we didn’t want to go back to Have Not competitions.

Grodner: You want competitions that have stakes, that really mean something. This new competition really does that. So the nominations falls somewhere in the middle and then this competition and then, you’ll see.

Meehan: A new ceremony at the end.

Grodner: A new ceremony!

So what could this new comp be? Well I’d guess it has to do with the four returning players. In Season 14 we had Coaches competitions on the Fridays before nominations, but that timeline would be disrupted by what Grodner mentioned above.

Looks like they're scrapping the Battle of the Block comp for this season, but having a new comp on Sunday night that may affect noms

Article where the exec producers discussed it

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-18-spoilers-battle-of-the-block-new-twists/

Saw that today and was disappointed. I guess the producers had it rough constantly having to set all that stuff up. I have little faith the new comp will be as important as BoB was. They likely are trying to just bring back the have/have nots shit without saying it directly. Hope it isn't that though. Maybe it is just the coaches comp since we don't know the four players. BoB would make less sense if only 12 were eligible since they only keep it around maybe 6 or so weeks.

Getting pumped for this season, think they entered the house today

and someone mentioned troll girl who Cody was flirting with, her name was Christine

a9d8fcd0-1dcd-0132-4e16-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

That was hilarious because I'm sure Big Brother encourages fans to cheer no matter who the contestant is, but they didn't hold back for her

I order the feeds every year and just get pissed off because the gays backstage switch cameras every time a girl is about to show skin. They have no issue zooming in on every shirtless guy though. Makes me sick.

I order the feeds every year and just get pissed off because the gays backstage switch cameras every time a girl is about to show skin. They have no issue zooming in on every shirtless guy though. Makes me sick.

Never really noticed this. If anything, I think they do the opposite. They will have a camera on some girl in the shower when there isn't even a conversation going on. Also, Amanda had that one night where she just put bandaids over her nipples and they followed her around.

Still the best players of all time...

tumblr_m6tmcy1Dmy1qey9s7.gif

Will should come in the first night of each season and just give them all a pep talk
giphy.gif

Did you enjoy Zack in S16? He's the closest player to Will I could think of. Not as brillant with his game but the same amount of charisma.

Best exit of all time

Never really noticed this. If anything, I think they do the opposite. They will have a camera on some girl in the shower when there isn't even a conversation going on. Also, Amanda had that one night where she just put bandaids over her nipples and they followed her around.

Will should come in the first night of each season and just give them all a pep talk
giphy.gif

Did you enjoy Zack in S16? He's the closest player to Will I could think of. Not as brillant with his game but the same amount of charisma.

Best exit of all time

Naah. Zack's game definitely didn't live up to Will & Boogie's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back