Big Brother 17 Season Premier June 24th

I agree that the last two seasons were GOAT. but Derek alone made me more invested emotionally.

We're both cops, with young daughters, and he seemed like a really cool guy, playing the best game of any reality show contestant since Boston Rob on Survivor

The episode they showed his daughter talking to him was really touching. You could really see him break down on live tv over that. Usually that segment is fairly boring.

i know in big brother canada they try to protect certain players. i think it was last season there were two girls that became best pals in the house, and it felt like it was them against everyone. but all these twists in the game would come up and they definitely benefited from them whenever their asses were about to get toasted.

YES! I was watching and the powers they would win would be insanely powerful and really easy to win! It felt rigged.

I really enjoyed the newest season because on the whole, everyone had a good attitude, no one was overtly an asshole, and the producer interference was practically non-existent.

I honestly forgot Andy won that season,, jesus christ that season had some horrible horrible people on it...BB would like everyone to forgot that season was a thing methinks.

Yeah, Andy wouldn't have a shot in any season not full of shitty people. He glided along while all the shitty people voted out the shitty people.

Lead Salad loved Amanda for some reason.

Noms and POV winner....

Steve nominated JMac and Liz.

Vanessa won POV and will be the only vote tonight to evict either Johnny or Liz.

Steve apparently threw the veto, then afterwards regretted his decision. He was crying, upset that he couldn't save JMac. Now he's worried that Vanessa will evict John.

7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.gif

Fuck... not only does that mean Vanessa isn't being evicted but we'll have to see her agonize over her decision and then cry about how it's sooooo hard and it's not personal blah blah. Ugh. I really enjoyed the first half of the season and was hoping that Vanessa's eviction would make the second half good to but I guess we have to put up with her until the end. The only redeeming point will be if she doesn't win.

I voted last season, only because it's still relatively fresh in my mind and only remember bits and pieces of the other seasons.

Plus the gf watches Bold and Beautiful and lets me know when any of the cast from last year make appearances. Their cameos were always so damn cheesy though.

Just googled some of the cast just to see what's happening with them. I remember Christine taking a lot of heat during her eviction but it looks like everything is cool with her and her hubby. Caleb got over his Amber phase and is actually dating someone

B_c9HTDWEAAZ2m_.jpg

Noms and POV winner....

Steve nominated JMac and Liz.

Vanessa won POV and will be the only vote tonight to evict either Johnny or Liz.

Steve apparently threw the veto, then afterwards regretted his decision. He was crying, upset that he couldn't save JMac. Now he's worried that Vanessa will evict John.

Kinda surprised by Steve. He knew Vanessa didn't want Johny left and he also knew he needs to get Vanessa out before the finale. Bad move on his part and it showed he's too weak to make big moves. Putting up Austwins was something he didn't really have many options with. He chose however to puss out on the veto.

Vanessa is the only player I think should win for sure if she makes it to the finale. The others need at least to not be sitting by Vanessa.

I voted for the Evil Dick season.

YES! I was watching and the powers they would win would be insanely powerful and really easy to win! It felt rigged.

Kinda like the US with Coup and DPOV.

im sure she fills Caleb's ego

Come on Austin, make that jury bitter!!!

Yeah, Andy wouldn't have a shot in any season not full of shitty people. He glided along while all the shitty people voted out the shitty people.

Lead Salad loved Amanda for some reason.

Amanda was the head strategist in that house.

If you look at season 16 and 15, there were a lot of parallels. There were about three groups and two groups worked together to take out the third and then they turned into one side that had a pecking order.

For season 16, (this is very broad), there was Side 1 Derrick/Cody, Side 2 Devin Amber Caleb Frankie Side 3 Hayden/Nicole/Donny/Jocasta. Derrick teamed with Frankie to slowly eliminate side three and once that happened, Derrick had already established the pecking order (Derrick, Cody, Victoria, Caleb, Frankie, Christine). Derrick did this unbelievably well and was a true genius since the pecking order had him and Cody at the bottom earlier in the game.

For season 15, (also, very broad), there was Side 1 Amanda, McCrae, Judd, Andy Side 2 Helen/Elissa and Side 3 Jeremy/Kaitlin/David/Aaryn/Jessie kinda. Amanda made deals with Helen to take out side 3. Once side 3 was crippled, the pecking order was Amanda/McCrae, Andy, Judd, Helen, Elissa. People moved out and in but the point is by the time side 3 was gone, Amanda also set up the pecking order and Helen had not chance (despite her believing she actually controlled the house). Problem with Amanda was she was dating McCrae which was a double edged sword. Andy knew she wasn't going to keep him and made his move.

The same game somewhat occurred both these seasons. Difference you could say was Derrick was playing the group game that I mentioned above AND the personal game with each HG. He managed to make every player remaining near the end think they had a final two. Amanda didn't and Andy did. Andy let Amanda do the group game for him and at the end of the game, flourished with the personal game he had established AND won comps (something Amanda couldn't do either).

Cliff: Amanda's game was flawed due to a lack of 1 on 1 relationships and sucking at comps. She still was the second best player in that house.

Austin's bitter, salty tears are delicious

my favorite season of all time was with chilltown on all stars. dr will and boogie are hilarious.

and derrick was a beast last year. dude was nearly flawless, if not flawless.

oh I think he will, I don't see vanessa winning this unless she's up against steve.

I could see Liz getting votes from Austin, Julia, Meg, and James and then she just needs one more to win. Maybe John since he seemed sick of Vanessa's drama.

Steve could possibly win for the same reason actually. AusTwins plus Meg and James would give Steve the win.

my favorite season of all time was with chilltown on all stars. dr will and boogie are hilarious.

and derrick was a beast last year. dude was nearly flawless, if not flawless.

Last season was just absurd. Derrick played everyone. I think there were a lot of shitty players though.

eh those spoilers were wrong

either way it's down to Vanessa, Steve and Liz

I think Van will win the first
Steve with the second
Van with the 3rd and she'll take Steve so Austin and Julia won't vote for Liz

Last season was just absurd. Derrick played everyone. I think there were a lot of shitty players though.

Hayden/Nicole and Donny's game were much less shown. I think Donny had an awful social game. Hayden stayed low though, figured out the layout of the house and made his move by trying to team with Cody/Derrick and then later on, would be on the upside of the pecking order (Hayden/Nicole, Donny, Jocasta, Derrick/Cody). Derrick realized this literally the night before double eviction night and changed his plans to stay with Frankie/Christine.

Each season has shitty players. I think there were far few this year. The only real floater I would say there was in 16 was Jocasta and she at least aligned in a group. She just never said anything.

Austin's bitter, salty tears are delicious

they were but I don't think I can remember a duo who had a final 2 going back to week 1 scumbag each other. I wouldn't hate on Vanessa if she just owned up to her moves. she becomes a victim after every move.

Woop Woop! Its the time of year again when i waste 3 months of my life and feel ashamed through all of it.

All 3 made it 3 hours into the endurance comp. Steve fell first. Vanessa then convinced Liz to drop by promising her a final 2.

This. Also derrick basically lost the show when he lost the hoh comp on the final episode, and that idiot he was playing decided to take Derrick to final 2 because they were tight. He was obviously gonna lose...

Woop Woop! Its the time of year again when i waste 3 months of my life and feel ashamed through all of it.

Yep. I have a different girlfriend this summer and already told her I like this really dumb show in the summer and might get a little drawn into it. She has no idea. I hook the feeds up to my big screen tv and will watch into the AM just because of the stupid west coast time difference. All the good shit happens late at night and it's four hours later here. And then farther in the season, they're sleep schedules get later and later until they are falling asleep around 4-6 AM.

This. Also derrick basically lost the show when he lost the hoh comp on the final episode, and that idiot he was playing decided to take Derrick to final 2 because they were tight. He was obviously gonna lose...

I think Derrick knew for a fact Cody wouldn't do it. They hardly even talked much about being worried at one of them taking Victoria. He picked the right guy to make a final two with and the perfect girl to keep a fake final two with. There actually was a point in the 1st or 2nd part of the 3 part end comp where Cody was in the kitchen alone counting his votes he'd have with Derrick. He said like two peoples name he thought he had then just starred at the floor thinking.

Also, there was a deal made with the entire group early that if anyone brought Victoria to the end, they would vote for Victoria to win the whole thing. This was stressed continually the farther Victoria got. In the after party interviews, the whole jury still stuck to the idea that they would've voted for Victoria if Derrick or Cody had took her to the final 2. I'm not sure if I believe it but we will never really know.

Cliffs: Cody may have actually been stuck with 2nd place either way and at least got to keep to his final 2 and look like a great guy at the end.

Julie tweeted that Austin Refused to leave during the taping trying to make vanessa change her voter and they had to reshoot.

But wasnt it Live?.

I missed mondays espiode.

Yep. I have a different girlfriend this summer and already told her I like this really dumb show in the summer and might get a little drawn into it. She has no idea. I hook the feeds up to my big screen tv and will watch into the AM just because of the stupid west coast time difference. All the good shit happens late at night and it's four hours later here. And then farther in the season, they're sleep schedules get later and later until they are falling asleep around 4-6 AM.

I think Derrick knew for a fact Cody wouldn't do it. They hardly even talked much about being worried at one of them taking Victoria. He picked the right guy to make a final two with and the perfect girl to keep a fake final two with. There actually was a point in the 1st or 2nd part of the 3 part end comp where Cody was in the kitchen alone counting his votes he'd have with Derrick. He said like two peoples name he thought he had then just starred at the floor thinking.

Also, there was a deal made with the entire group early that if anyone brought Victoria to the end, they would vote for Victoria to win the whole thing. This was stressed continually the farther Victoria got. In the after party interviews, the whole jury still stuck to the idea that they would've voted for Victoria if Derrick or Cody had took her to the final 2. I'm not sure if I believe it but we will never really know.

Cliffs: Cody may have actually been stuck with 2nd place either way and at least got to keep to his final 2 and look like a great guy at the end.

Interesting theory...

Is there any way to watch full past seasons of BB?

I've only watched Big Brother sex scenes from several sites.

Julie tweeted that Austin Refused to leave during the taping trying to make vanessa change her voter and they had to reshoot.

But wasnt it Live?.

I missed mondays espiode.

there was a crowd waiting for Austin

so I don't know

Interesting theory...

Is there any way to watch full past seasons of BB?

CBS usually posts a season to view before the premier of a new one. Last year they had season 7 up. There is a membership service to view all the past ones. Also, I think there would be other means to find all the episodes if one were so inclined.

What I want CBS to offer is feeds from previous seasons. The episodes are cool but you can't really get the entire game unless you have access to the entire footage.

I've bailed on the last 2 seasons of BBUS. BBCA has delivered on all 3 seasons.

Hayden/Nicole and Donny's game were much less shown. I think Donny had an awful social game. Hayden stayed low though, figured out the layout of the house and made his move by trying to team with Cody/Derrick and then later on, would be on the upside of the pecking order (Hayden/Nicole, Donny, Jocasta, Derrick/Cody). Derrick realized this literally the night before double eviction night and changed his plans to stay with Frankie/Christine.

Each season has shitty players. I think there were far few this year. The only real floater I would say there was in 16 was Jocasta and she at least aligned in a group. She just never said anything.

I think the paranoia was way too high in the house among players. A lot of them would have done much better if they had just played it cool or stuck with their original alliances. For instance, I think Frankie and Zach could have gone all the way had Frankie not turned on Zach every chance that he had. Not only did he lose an ally, but others saw this and deemed him not trustworthy. Not smart in my opinion.

I also think Donn'y's social game was poor because he was so paranoid as well. He could have just relaxed and let his charming personality take him all the way, but he kept trying to make moves....That and everyone thought he was a Navy SEAL for some reason.

I just realized for S14, Ian willingly chose to take Dan to the finals. I understand he knew the jury was bitter and Danielle would have Shane's vote for sure, but why the hell would you think you couldn't beat Danielle, especially after just getting Dan out? I don't know. I use to argue Ian winning that season was fine with me but now that I think of that last choice, I'm not too sure now.

Only thinking of this stuff cause Steve is in the final three and is actually self aware he needs to get Vanessa out instead of keep her.

I agree with everything you said. Spot on. Derrick played the game masterfully. It was a thing of beauty to watch.

Worse jury management, season 14 Dan or Vanessa?

Vanessa's wasn't entirely bad. Shelli seems to be on her side and I think James/Meg/Jackie definitely aren't against her. Austin is definitely bitter but that usually doesn't help his argument cause they see the bias. In the end, I think the cast ends up caring about who really deserves to win, even if a person took them out and I think James/Meg/Jackie would pick Vanessa if she makes final 2, especially if she's beside Liz.

Back