Big bang theory jumped the shark

Have never watched the show regularly but I think it's BS because of
A) They all love The Flash but somehow over 7 years and 100 + episodes never worked in a guest appearance or cameo for John Wesley Shipp who played The Flash on the CBS show in the 90's.
B) They did a whole segment about trying to buy Comic-Con tickets by hitting refresh which is a no-no in reality. They make their living off being lovable nerds but they couldn't even come up with a skit that plays off reality and went a totally lazy route.

Its nice and mindless,

great to watch when thinking of other things or just simply not wanting to engage your brain too much.

Once they all had girlfriends it was a different show and whatever was funny about it just kinda vanished. Mainly sheldon was what was funny about it and he just wasn't funny anymore.

I love the show but I haven't been watching the new episodes. Howards wife is so god damn annoying though

Once they all had girlfriends it was a different show and whatever was funny about it just kinda vanished. Mainly sheldon was what was funny about it and he just wasn't funny anymore.

Exactly.

The addition of all the girlfriends made it less about nerdy friends and more about relationships involving nerdy people. And it's not a good relationship show because the things they're going through are just so contrived to play up the nerdiness to unrealistic levels.

The novelty on this one ran out halfway through the first season

Pretty much.

As a member if this tribe (multiple science degrees, used to be into stereotypically geeky stuff), I really wanted to like this show but it got to be pretty stupid pretty fast.

The problem is that there are people writing for this show who think they know nerd humor but aren't nerds. They make jokes about what they think nerds would joke about but don't really get it.

Then on the flip side, they get scientists to do the science consulting on it and these guys get funny all wrong (I know a fairly famous physicist who's consulted on this show.)

If you want to watch a show that did geek/pop culture comedy right, you should have been watching Community.

you could argue that when wallowitz became an astronaut it jumped the shark
but what will kill the show for me is when someone gets a kid
my money is on sheldon and amy will be the go to team

I still find a lot of it funny personally... as long as you dont take it to seriously.

Whats all this now talk, show sucked from day one...

Surviorman is hunting Bigfoot.... The shark catches everyone.

Wasn't that just 1 episode?

As for TBBT, every episode is pretty much the same. The show is fine in small doses, but I can't watch it with any kind of regularity, and I can't even remember the last time I watched it.

Raj and Penny have just gotten progressively worse as the show progressed though.

Penny never was a good character, so I'd hate to see what she's like now. I thought Bernadette was hotter despite her voice. What happened to Raj?

I watched 1 episode because my ex told me it was awesome and I would like it because I am a physicist.
found every possible excuse to never watch it again afterwards...

Back