Biden's gay marriage flip flop

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Facts are basically unimportant; its always the narrative, the context, the meaning that matters. A fact without context is meaningless, like a special effect without a movie surrounding it. What implications for action X or Y fact have, is the name of the game.

I never understood why changing your position on an issue is a negative thing? As you obtain more information on a subject you should be willing
to change your mind.

Those aren't "conspiracy theories" they're demonstrably true.

Well, they're not (something being "demonstrably true" means that you can demonstrate that it's true), but I'm not surprised that you say that.

The hub for the federal government and all of its permanent establishment is the most democrat area of the entire country. I think Trump got like 4% of the vote. I don't know if China was in charge, but our biggest state is now majority Mexican.

California is our biggest state by population, and less than 1 in 3 residents have Mexican ancestry. Not sure the exact numbers for our biggest state by land area, but it's less than 1 in 20. Also, neither of those points are relevant to the discussion. What the heck was the point of bringing them up?

AFAIK, republicans have not moved off constitutional conservatism, they've sat there while the other side have tried to find workarounds. What is the "far right" position that republicans hold now that they didn't 20 years ago,

"Constitutional conservatism" has never been common on the right. I don't think the GOP holds new far-right positions, and I haven't said that they do. The intensity of the anti-immigration mania on the party has been turned up a few notches, though. Probably more outright authoritarians (witness @Corn Pop Hombre's point about the response to protesters), though as I said, that's long been an element in the party.

Facts are basically unimportant; its always the narrative, the context, the meaning that matters. A fact without context is meaningless, like a special effect without a movie surrounding it. What implications for action X or Y fact have, is the name of the game.

I disagree here, especially since we're talking about denying (rather than simply listing) facts. Trump trying to get the party to pretend that COVID isn't happening has killed many people and caused major damage to the economy. The party denying climate change has inhibited a rational response to the threat. Inaccurate beliefs about the impact of austerity and of stimulative fiscal and monetary policy led to millions being unemployed much longer than they should have been in the aftermath of the GFC (and the same issue will likely come up soon). Reality has a tendency to bite you in the ass if you deny it.

Last edited:
I think MOST people would often disagree with the person they were 20 years ago. That's 1/2 to 1/3 of an average life span

Are you Russian?

40-60 years as an average life span seems... conservatively estimated?

Well firstly, I find it interesting that you made this thread about Biden, and not Trump’s flip-flop on abortion.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-01-24/trump-march-for-life-antiabortion-rally?_amp=true
In fact, Trump flip-flops so often that one company actually sells Presidential Flip Flops to wear—each flip flop has a contradictory tweet on it. I am not making that up lol. But you didn’t start threads on all of those, are you only concerned when a democrat does it?
As for Biden, I have a hard time seeing him support single payer, or even reparations. There’s a million ways to implement the 3 things you listed, but in theory I support all 3–so I wish he’d come out in support of them. Might make me excited to vote for him.

Unlike Trump though, Biden has claimed to be a Catholic i.e. recognize a hierarchy headquartered in Rome as a moral authority. Has Biden's position on abortion, gay marriage, and transgenders "evolved" in tandem with the RCC's positions?

I never understood why changing your position on an issue is a negative thing? As you obtain more information on a subject you should be willing
to change your mind.

It depends. If a guy is vulnerable to changing their position a lot depending on what they feel is the most "convenient" for their career at the time, then how can you trust any of the promises they make as a politician? Who is to say that Biden won't suddenly "flip-flop" on issues such as healthcare, education, environment, etc. if he feels like it's no longer necessary for him to champion those causes?

I disagree here, especially since we're talking about denying (rather than simply listing) facts. Trump trying to get the party to pretend that COVID isn't happening has killed many people and caused major damage to the economy. The party denying climate change has inhibited a rational response to the threat. Inaccurate beliefs about the impact of austerity and of stimulative fiscal and monetary policy led to millions being unemployed much longer than they should have been in the aftermath of the GFC (and the same issue will likely come up soon). Reality has a tendency to bite you in the ass if you deny it.

This is just a sign of how ineffectual conservatives are with their messaging and their almost total lack of imagination. Instead of answering questions like: Covid/global warming/financial crisis exists, but what should we do about it? They like to pretend that the issues don't exist.

A good example is global warming. Yes, the earth is warming. Yes, all the doom prognostications have been wrong. How do we address that? Well, there are a million ways you could take advantage of inevitable warming over the course of century or so that would not cause major disruptions. Instead, they act like the doom predictions are the substance of the argument, and reject everything, because they prefer to do nothing, and live in the past.

Biden

Biden is a moderate . I would think that the right would be relieved that he has moderate views on things like gun control ,health care , immigration. I doubt that he will be pushing for any radical changes.
I suspect his administration will get us back on track with environmental issues and push to make some tweaks to healthcare.

Biden supports using the power of the state to force people to affirm revisionist definitions of men and women that would replace the definitions used for thousands of years. He even supports forcing insurance companies to pay for (cosmetic) services to make people look more like what they're falsely claim to be.

These are radical positions.

Biden

Biden is a moderate . I would think that the right would be relieved that he has moderate views on things like gun control ,health care , immigration. I doubt that he will be pushing for any radical changes.
I suspect his administration will get us back on track with environmental issues and push to make some tweaks to healthcare.
Biden is a leftist. And if he's not far left enough, his puppeteers will make sure he goes there with socialized health care, social programs, feeding 8 year olds puberty blockers, stripping away the 2nd Amendment and more rights for the criminals

Are these the type of shitty threads we have to look forward to over the next 5 months?

Is a change of mind over 20 years really a flip.flop?

Have you been following recent trends in America? You can change your mind over 400 and it doesn't matter.

Cancel Biden you fucking bigot

Trump is the only president in U.S. history to be pro-gay marriage before entering office

And weren't he one of the people who thinks Trans should be allowed to compete in Miss Universe when he is the chairman of that pageant before?

Have you been following recent trends in America? You can change your mind over 400 and it doesn't matter.

Cancel Biden you fucking bigot

People have to understand historical concept. You can't criticize people for opposing gay marriage in 1980. You can't criticize people for owning slaves in 1750. That was just the normal during those times.

In the Netherlands they actually destroyed a statue of a Dutch explorer who captured two ships of slaves from the Portuguese and released all of the slaves again "because of racism". People don't even understand history they just blindly yell at shit and pretend to be victims.

Unlike Trump though, Biden has claimed to be a Catholic i.e. recognize a hierarchy headquartered in Rome as a moral authority. Has Biden's position on abortion, gay marriage, and transgenders "evolved" in tandem with the RCC's positions?
I’m not sure I get your meaning when you say “evolved in tandem with the RCC’s positions.” Are you asking if Biden changed stances simply to oppose conservatives?
I’ll offer you this though: it shouldn’t matter whether a president is Catholic, or some other Christian denomination, or some other non-Christian religion. A president swears an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. Roe is settled. Obergefell is settled. A president should stand up for those things regardless of their personal positions because they are 14th Amendment rights.

Well, they're not (something being "demonstrably true" means that you can demonstrate that it's true), but I'm not surprised that you say that.

California is our biggest state by population, and less than 1 in 3 residents have Mexican ancestry. Not sure the exact numbers for our biggest state by land area, but it's less than 1 in 20. Also, neither of those points are relevant to the discussion. What the heck was the point of bringing them up?

"Constitutional conservatism" has never been common on the right. I don't think the GOP holds new far-right positions, and I haven't said that they do. The intensity of the anti-immigration mania on the party has been turned up a few notches, though. Probably more outright authoritarians (witness @Corn Pop Hombre's point about the response to protesters), though as I said, that's long been an element in the party.
I said the district that houses our federal government is the most solidly democrat area of the country, not the biggest state, but we can use the biggest state if you want. They have seen a shift in demographics over the last 40 years that has made it a 1 party state, where voting for change is no longer a thing and you have to leave your home if you don't like it.

There is no "anti-immigration mania", there is only anti-illegal immigration mania after having seen the biggest state in the country turn from red state to blue state because of it.

Biden supports using the power of the state to force people to affirm revisionist definitions of men and women that would replace the definitions used for thousands of years. He even supports forcing insurance companies to pay for (cosmetic) services to make people look more like what they're falsely claim to be.

These are radical positions.
The trans issue is so far down on my list of things that determine who I vote for that it’s not really worth it to me to discuss my opinions on the matter. I have a family and a job. I’m much more concerned about issues that affect labor and worker s rights, the environment and education.

Biden is a leftist. And if he's not far left enough, his puppeteers will make sure he goes there with socialized health care, social programs, feeding 8 year olds puberty blockers, stripping away the 2nd Amendment and more rights for the criminals
It will be ok bud. Biden is not going to be enacting a bunch of unpopular executive orders. Seriously he is not going to be that popular with the far left and will be criticized often. If Trump didnt “destroy the world”(it was close a couple times) then Biden won’t either.

Back