Biden's gay marriage flip flop

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Like Hillary and Obama, less than 20 years ago Biden opposed gay marriage.

https://www.washingtonblade.com/202...e-in-2006-clip-blasted-out-by-trump-campaign/

This thread isn't about whether or not the government should define marriage as including same-sex couples (personally I think the government should stay out of marriage altogether). The issue is that Democrats will argue for long-standing norms and then flip on them a few years later. Biden may say he opposes single-payer, but if it become the mainstream position of his party, it's a safe bet he'll support it. Biden may say he doesn't support defunding the police, but if it become the mainstream position of his party, it's a safe bet he'll support it. Biden may say he opposes legalization of marijuana, but if 'decriminalizing drugs' becomes the mainstream position of his party, not only is it a safe bet he'll support it (I have no problem with legalizing marijuana) -- he'll support even bolder change, like putting "safe injection sites" in your neighborhoods.

Politicians evolve with the electorate and the times.
Check out some of the things Reagan said before he became president.
Check out Giuliani when he was mayor of NYC vs what he became when he tried to become a prominent national Republican.
Check out Lincoln’s evolution.

The world is changing.
Actually, it’s a good thing that all these people (besides Giuliani, who became a party shill) were willing to learn and listen to their constituents.

I don't really understand why anybody would have an issue with gay marriage. 20 years ago isn't much of a difference. It was dumb to be against it then and it's dumb to be against it now.

I agree. But there are fewer people against it now. Which we should be happy about.

I try not to hold it against people when they change their minds to agree with me.

Politicians evolve with the electorate and the times.
Check out some of the things Reagan said before he became president.
Check out Giuliani when he was mayor of NYC vs what he became when he tried to become a prominent national Republican.
Check out Lincoln’s evolution.

The world is changing.
Actually, it’s a good thing that all these people (besides Giuliani, who became a party shill) were willing to learn and listen to their constituents.

What convictions do you think Biden holds?

https://www.washingtonblade.com/202...e-in-2006-clip-blasted-out-by-trump-campaign/

This thread isn't about whether or not the government should define marriage as including same-sex couples (personally I think the government should stay out of marriage altogether). The issue is that Democrats will argue for long-standing norms and then flip on them a few years later. Biden may say he opposes single-payer, but if it become the mainstream position of his party, it's a safe bet he'll support it. Biden may say he doesn't support defunding the police, but if it become the mainstream position of his party, it's a safe bet he'll support it. Biden may say he opposes legalization of marijuana, but if 'decriminalizing drugs' becomes the mainstream position of his party, not only is it a safe bet he'll support it (I have no problem with legalizing marijuana) -- he'll support even bolder change, like putting "safe injection sites" in your neighborhoods.
The only politicians I can think of that this doesn't apply to is Sanders, he's been spinning the same yarns since he's been in politics.

I'd say coming around on gay marriage before Obama did is a lot more respectable than what about almost every republican politician has done since 2016 and completely dropped any facade of caring about fiscal responsibility among other things in the name of capitulating to the trumpism zeitgeist.

When the leftist mob is finished cancelling people for their racist past will those who flip-flopped on gay-marriage be next?

"He flip-flopped on gay marriage twenty years ago. Get him!"

mob.jpg
Well, Biden hasn't gotten the red hot treatment yet for his stance on segregation.

Given he said black people going to white schools would turn the schools into jungles and he did not want his kids going to jungles.

But the left has shown willingness to ignore the thought crimes of many for their own ends while persecuting others for thought crimes

20 years ago it was illegal to be gay in 35% of the country. The Supreme Court had to come in and strike it down, as with pretty much everything (including 1A rights). <45>

* Since June 2003, sexual activity between consenting adults of the same sex has been legal nationwide, pursuant to the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Lawrence v. Texas.

* Since June 2015, all states must license and recognize marriage between same-sex couples as a result of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

* Since June 2015, adoption of children by same-sex married couples is legal nationwide, following the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

* Since June 2020, United States federal law includes protections against discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation as a result of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County.

These as well.

One, Inc. v. Olesen, 355 U.S. 371 (1958) was a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling and the first to address freedom of speech rights with respect to homosexuality. The Supreme Court reversed a lower court ruling that ONE Magazine violated obscenity laws, thus upholding constitutional protection for gay content, writing and publishing.

Manual Enterprises, Inc. v. Day, 370 U.S. 478 (1962) was a U.S. Supreme Court ruling which held that publications consisting of photographs of nude or near-nude male fitness models are not obscene within the meaning of 18 U.S.C. § 1461. The majority found that portrayal of the male nude (and, implicitly, portrayal of the homosexual male nude) "cannot fairly be regarded as more objectionable than many portrayals of the female nude that society tolerates."

United States v. Windsor, 570 U.S. 744 (2013), is a landmark U.S. Supreme Court civil rights case concerning same-sex marriage. The Court held that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which denied federal recognition of same-sex marriages, was a violation of the Due Process Clauseof the Fifth Amendment. The Supreme Court handed down its judgment on June 26, 2013.

If you don't support "trans rights", you aint gay!

Of all the issues he might have, this isn't much of one. Look at the average age in Washington, and gay marriage was always a bi-partisan no-no...until it wasn't. Safe to say that at least 60-75% of the politicians have switched stances on it for political reasons. Not much of a story here.

Well, Biden hasn't gotten the red hot treatment yet for his stance on segregation.

Given he said black people going to white schools would turn the schools into jungles and he did not want his kids going to jungles.

But the left has shown willingness to ignore the thought crimes of many for their own ends while persecuting others for thought crimes

Lefties are hypocrites. If you are somewhat useful to the lefties, then the lefties will look the other way. Obama and Crooked Hillary would get a pass as well.

The creation of "gay marriage" was one of the biggest mistakes of the last decade. It opened the floodgates to all the problems that come with LGBT. Lawsuits on people who don't want to be a part of gay ceremonies, Men in the restroom with girls, men playing women's sports, Fallon Fox a male breaking a woman's skull in women's mma, 8 year olds on puberty blockers, confusion of and sexualization of kids under 10 years old, popularizing it and watching STD's increase among the population..... It was a slippery slope that brought on a mess that will not end well. And it's one of the reasons a full cultural marxist society cannot last a very long time before it falls

Probably around half (the better half) of anti-SSM people have changed their minds over the past 20 years.

The only politicians I can think of that this doesn't apply to is Sanders, he's been spinning the same yarns since he's been in politics.

I'd say coming around on gay marriage before Obama did is a lot more respectable than what about almost every republican politician has done since 2016 and completely dropped any facade of caring about fiscal responsibility among other things in the name of capitulating to the trumpism zeitgeist.

So what are Biden's convictions? His stance on abortion has moved to the left too as pro-life Democrats have become endangered species.

10 years ago did Biden support making transgenders a protected class?

Trump is the only president in U.S. history to be pro-gay marriage before interring office
i was just thinking this.
Here is a guy who came up in New York, has gay friends, black friends, did business with jews and it was pretty clear for 40yrs that he was raised liberal in his attitudes towards all of these things.
And they’ve got him made out to be the way that Biden actually is, and Biden gets a pass.
Hahahaha. Its too much.
If the person running for the Dems was more cosmopolitan than Trump I could see an effort being made to paint Trump as such, but they literally picked a guy that matches all the things they’ve been saying Trump is for 4 years!

20 years ago it was illegal to be gay in 35% of the country. The Supreme Court had to come in and strike it down, as with pretty much everything (including 1A rights). <45>

* Since June 2003, sexual activity between consenting adults of the same sex has been legal nationwide, pursuant to the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Lawrence v. Texas.

* Since June 2015, all states must license and recognize marriage between same-sex couples as a result of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

* Since June 2015, adoption of children by same-sex married couples is legal nationwide, following the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

* Since June 2020, United States federal law includes protections against discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation as a result of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County.

These as well.

One, Inc. v. Olesen, 355 U.S. 371 (1958) was a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling and the first to address freedom of speech rights with respect to homosexuality. The Supreme Court reversed a lower court ruling that ONE Magazine violated obscenity laws, thus upholding constitutional protection for gay content, writing and publishing.

Manual Enterprises, Inc. v. Day, 370 U.S. 478 (1962) was a U.S. Supreme Court ruling which held that publications consisting of photographs of nude or near-nude male fitness models are not obscene within the meaning of 18 U.S.C. § 1461. The majority found that portrayal of the male nude (and, implicitly, portrayal of the homosexual male nude) "cannot fairly be regarded as more objectionable than many portrayals of the female nude that society tolerates."

United States v. Windsor, 570 U.S. 744 (2013), is a landmark U.S. Supreme Court civil rights case concerning same-sex marriage. The Court held that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which denied federal recognition of same-sex marriages, was a violation of the Due Process Clauseof the Fifth Amendment. The Supreme Court handed down its judgment on June 26, 2013.

This is good info. It's pretty sad how recent a lot of those changes are. Thank you for this.

I agree. But there are fewer people against it now. Which we should be happy about.

I try not to hold it against people when they change their minds to agree with me.

Me neither, but it's concerning when it's a politician who held backwards views while he/she was in power and able to enact laws and policies based on their beliefs. If Biden is all about gay marriage now, he should go back and have any policy against gay marriage he supported back then rolled back.

Yeah 20-30 years ago everyone was against gay marriage. Lol @ pretending you'd expect people decades ago to be for all the pro-gay propaganda.

How much has Biden's position on the government protecting people from the antisocial changed?

If we can't forgive Kevin Hart for a gay joke 15 years ago then we can't forgive this either.

Lol, EVERYBODY "flip-flopped" on gay marriage in the last 20 years.

Like, the whole damn country.

Get the hell out of here with this weak crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back