Biden's gay marriage flip flop

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

Like Hillary and Obama, less than 20 years ago Biden opposed gay marriage.

https://www.washingtonblade.com/202...e-in-2006-clip-blasted-out-by-trump-campaign/

This thread isn't about whether or not the government should define marriage as including same-sex couples (personally I think the government should stay out of marriage altogether). The issue is that Democrats will argue for long-standing norms and then flip on them a few years later. Biden may say he opposes single-payer, but if it become the mainstream position of his party, it's a safe bet he'll support it. Biden may say he doesn't support defunding the police, but if it become the mainstream position of his party, it's a safe bet he'll support it. Biden may say he opposes legalization of marijuana, but if 'decriminalizing drugs' becomes the mainstream position of his party, not only is it a safe bet he'll support it (I have no problem with legalizing marijuana) -- he'll support even bolder change, like putting "safe injection sites" in your neighborhoods.

When the leftist mob is finished cancelling people for their racist past will those who flip-flopped on gay-marriage be next?

"He flip-flopped on gay marriage twenty years ago. Get him!"

mob.jpg

Is a change of mind over 20 years really a flip.flop?

I'm very much wanting to hold politicians accountable for their past record, but just like a large portion of America, they are allowed to change their mind. As Leslie Knope famously stated "I used to think that chocolate milk came from brown cows. Then I discovered chocolate syrup."

I think MOST people would often disagree with the person they were 20 years ago. That's 1/2 to 1/3 of an average life span so of course peoples opinions on things will change. I said the same thing when people were bashing Hillary for her "flip flop" on gay marriage...I myself used to be against it, and as I grew up and matured I couldn't give a shit less about it.

I'm very much wanting to hold politicians accountable for their past record, but just like a large portion of America, they are allowed to change their mind. As Leslie Knope famously stated "I used to think that chocolate milk came from brown cows. Then I discovered chocolate syrup."

I think MOST people would often disagree with the person they were 20 years ago. That's 1/2 to 1/3 of an average life span so of course peoples opinions on things will change. I said the same thing when people were bashing Hillary for her "flip flop" on gay marriage...I myself used to be against it, and as I grew up and matured I couldn't give a shit less about it.

Of course! How dare he be open to different viewpoints, listen to his constituents, be flexible, and change his view on something over time. :rolleyes:

What leftwing positions, if any, do you think Biden won't support if they become mainstraim leftist positions? Single payer? Reparations? Safe injection sites?

Ugh, not sure what the TS was expecting. Leftists will defend Biden to the extreme. I mean, he went and told a black guy he wasn't black enough if he didn't vote for him....literally just a fucking month ago but their defense of Biden is "but, but Trump is racist too!!!!" This is a guy that has sexually assaulted women and treats women like objects and does weird fucking things in general around women, all while the camera's are rolling. LOL at thinking a 77 year old white man changed his view on gay marraige instead of just saying it so he can get extra votes.

LOL at Biden being the best candidate for the Democrats. He represents everything they hate: White, rich, privileged, racist and anti-gay.

<Huh2>

Ugh, not sure what the TS was expecting. Leftists will defend Biden to the extreme. I mean, he went and told a black guy he wasn't black enough if he didn't vote for him....literally just a fucking month ago but their defense of Biden is "but, but Trump is racist too!!!!" This is a guy that has sexually assaulted women and treats women like objects and does weird fucking things in general around women, all while the camera's are rolling. LOL at thinking a 77 year old white man changed his view on gay marraige instead of just saying it so he can get extra votes.

LOL at Biden being the best candidate for the Democrats. He represents everything they hate: White, rich, privileged, racist and anti-gay.

<Huh2>

Whose to say Biden ever actually opposed gay marriage, and just pretended he did to get support?

Just like how he flip flopped on the Hyde Amendment once he began running for President.

I don't really understand why anybody would have an issue with gay marriage. 20 years ago isn't much of a difference. It was dumb to be against it then and it's dumb to be against it now.

20 years ago it was illegal to be gay in 35% of the country. The Supreme Court had to come in and strike it down, as with pretty much everything (including 1A rights). <45>

* Since June 2003, sexual activity between consenting adults of the same sex has been legal nationwide, pursuant to the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Lawrence v. Texas.

* Since June 2015, all states must license and recognize marriage between same-sex couples as a result of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

* Since June 2015, adoption of children by same-sex married couples is legal nationwide, following the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.

* Since June 2020, United States federal law includes protections against discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation as a result of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County.

These as well.

One, Inc. v. Olesen, 355 U.S. 371 (1958) was a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling and the first to address freedom of speech rights with respect to homosexuality. The Supreme Court reversed a lower court ruling that ONE Magazine violated obscenity laws, thus upholding constitutional protection for gay content, writing and publishing.

Manual Enterprises, Inc. v. Day, 370 U.S. 478 (1962) was a U.S. Supreme Court ruling which held that publications consisting of photographs of nude or near-nude male fitness models are not obscene within the meaning of 18 U.S.C. § 1461. The majority found that portrayal of the male nude (and, implicitly, portrayal of the homosexual male nude) "cannot fairly be regarded as more objectionable than many portrayals of the female nude that society tolerates."

United States v. Windsor, 570 U.S. 744 (2013), is a landmark U.S. Supreme Court civil rights case concerning same-sex marriage. The Court held that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which denied federal recognition of same-sex marriages, was a violation of the Due Process Clauseof the Fifth Amendment. The Supreme Court handed down its judgment on June 26, 2013.

Lol every politician is a snake.

time works to absolve only Democrats.

Back