Opinion biden public option?

They currently have the power. You can look back and be disappointed in the way the Republicans handled health care. It was also one of the selling points for Democrats of why you need to "vote blue, no matter who". They got voted in and so it is reasonable to look at what they are proposing or not and judge them based on that.

It's reasonable to judge President Biden based on what he does and tries to do. Not reasonable to judge him based on speculation about what he will do three days into his term, especially from hysterical leftist sites like Jacobin (here's Quartz more reasonably speculating: https://qz.com/1960845/what-is-bidens-healthcare-plan/).

its a little bit like the 2000 dollar checks he promised americans they would receive (after 600 dollar checks had gone out) that turned into 1400 dollar checks (some creative mathematics at work here)
Solve this creative mathematics problem for me (no googling!):
2000 - 600 = ?

2000 - 600 = ?

Yeah, never occurred to me at the time that this was being discussed that the argument was about $2,600. I mean, that's fine (hell, make it 3,000), but I don't see how anyone thought that that was what it was about.

2000 - 600 = ?

He promised 2000 checks after some Americans had already received $600 checks. I hope that helps you. People in Georgia felt especially lied to because they were lied to. People in Georgia voted on that particular issue in large numbers.

Also he said he would send them out immediately now it isn't until mid March.

It's reasonable to judge President Biden based on what he does and tries to do. Not reasonable to judge him based on speculation about what he will do three days into his term.

You're judging him and discrediting Perez & Rock's assessment based on a press announcement he made in 2019.

In the words or the late great Joe Biden, "C',mon Man"

He promised 2000 checks after some Americans had already received $600 checks. I hope that helps you. People in Georgia felt especially lied to because they were lied to. People in Georgia voted on that particular issue in large numbers.

Also he said he would send them out immediately now it isn't until mid March.
My understanding was that that they wanted a 2k stimulus but could only pass 600. Now they can pass the difference.

My understanding was that that they wanted a 2k stimulus but could only pass 600. Now they can pass the difference.
Your understanding is not relevant. what is relevant is that after $600 checks had already gone out biden and promised people to $2000 checks if they would vote for democrats in the senate in Georgia.

The more important issue is that he promised everybody they would go out immediately and ow he is making people wait a month and a half.

Why does that matter? well go to the thread on this particular topic where I post people waiting in lines for miles to get food during a pandemic when presumably some of them have sick kids at home.

Your understanding is not relevant. what is relevant is that after $600 checks had already gone out biden and promised people to $2000 checks if they would vote for democrats in the senate in Georgia.

The more important issue is that he promised everybody they would go out immediately and ow he is making people wait a month and a half.

Why does that matter? well go to the thread on this particular topic where I post people waiting in lines for miles to get food during a pandemic when presumably some of them have sick kids at home.
A 2k check meant 2k, not a 2.6k. If they sent it out in parts, say 600, 600, then 400 and 400, would you be whining after every check that the next check isn't 2k like they promised? Use your head.

You're judging him and discrediting Perez & Rock's assessment based on a press announcement he made in 2019.

In the words or the late great Joe Biden, "C',mon Man"

At this point, it's more reasonable to judge by actual proposals than by speculation. At some point during his presidency, people will have a reasonable basis to ask where the plan is if it doesn't get put forth (and obviously any plan that does get put forth can be judged).

A 2k check meant 2k, not a 2.6k. If they sent it out in parts, say 600, 600, then 400 and 400, would you be whining after every check that the next check isn't 2k like they promised? Use your head.

It's just obvious bad faith. The nutter left A) is going to hate Biden no matter what he does and B) wants to put pressure on him to push for more than $2,000. B is fine, IMO, but the way they're doing it is not honest, which is not fine.

You are denying basic facts intentionaly. You are also failing to address the bigger issue which is which is not sending the checks immediately.

He lied to people.

It's just obvious bad faith. The nutter left A) is going to hate Biden no matter what he does and B) wants to put pressure on him to push for more than $2,000. B is fine, IMO, but the way they're doing it is not honest, which is not fine.
You're right. I look forward to reading the WR in the next 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back