International Biden lied about Afghan Withdrawal - Generals throw him under the bus

a) He lied
b) His brain is out to lunch so he forgot

As much as Biden seems to have dementia, it is very possible he just lied, because even in 2011 he wanted to pull out of Afghanistan. He could have just dismissed the general's concerns and warnings from others because he wanted to get out of Afghanistan and didn't give a shit of the consequences.

I'd agree with you about the Generals lying to cover their ass... but for one thing.

George Stephanopoulos seemed to have inside knowledge ahead of time that the Biden was advised to keep troops in the country... He even knew the numbers. He seemed genuinely surprised when Biden denied that his advisors wanted to keep troop in the country.

I don't mean about this situation particularly. I mean throughout this war we've been lied to.

the biden admin and american government is especially dangerous because not only is it incompetent but also malicious
So malicious his administration ended a war , it’s a travesty that more of our resources can go to better things, and the carnage of saving soldiers lives by not having them fight useless endless wars. He’s basically thanos

It's a conflation of a bunch of things that results in people thinking the choice was a dichotomous choice of stay forever or get this result. There is no ability of people to criticize the evacuation plan but still think evacuation was the correct thing.

It's amazing to me that they could strand Americans in Afghanistan, get 13 soldiers killed in Kabul because they lied about the competency of the ANA, and retaliate by randomly blowing up an aid worker (plus family) to save face and people see it as some miraculous success. The level of incompetency that Blinken, Austin, and Milley showed with the evacuation is incredible, and people are celebrating them for it.

it’s unbelievable to me. Just look at the vast majority of responses in this thread. There is almost no apparent ability to put aside the discussion of if the US should have pulled out, and talk about how incredibly badly it was done.

And ENTIRELY unnecessarily. You comment about retaliating against a suicide attack by blowing up an innocent man and a half dozen children (and then repeatedly lying about it until US based newspapers did cursory investigations revealing the truth of the matter) and then of course as seen standing by the process that led to that result and just moving on with no consequences or concern, was astounding to me, but I think I now understand that the majority of the US electorate just don’t care. The Right is just happy to be out of Afghanistan, the Left deflects all criticism by accusing dissenters of being part of “The Right” (which is apparently a stand in for an argument), and the administration got their boost on announcing their successful revenge and is confident the news cycle will move on and the media will be incredibly forgiving.

I’m confident you know all this already, but looking into the US from the rest of the world it’s just so strange.

The point of the OP is that Biden lied to the American people about why he pulled out all the troops before the evacuation was complete, leaving Americans and Allies (including EU allies) behind without support.

He said his advisors suggested and agreed with that strategy... But his Generals, under testimony, said the told Biden that pulling out the troops too soon would lead to disaster.... which it did.

I honestly do not think there will be any reckoning with this at all.

Mmmmm, such a tasty nothing burger.

After four years of the least competent president in history, it's amusing watching conservatives try and get past it by complaining about someone a hundred times as competent.

All the while not caring he's surpassing liberal expectations in every regard.
Biden is not "one hundred times more competent" than anyone alive.

That said, I understand the point.

Biden has bigger balls than Obama to have actually gotten out.
We're eventually going to come back to afghanistan anyways, to some extent. Obama knew this, so does the CIA.

Biden was a moron before he was even senile, so of course he went ahead and pulled out completely. You could call it balls if you want, I call it reckless and delusional. And no, I'm not pro random wars in the middle east

We get it.... Orange Man Bad, even thought he secured a period of zero deaths for over a year in Afghanistan, before Joe fucked it all up. Thanks for the insightful content.

Hahaha , you cannot be serious? How's what you're saying insightful at all? Trump never actually had the balls to fully get out of Afghanistan. This is totally indisputable. He gets no brownie points at all for anything. Over 130,000 people were evacuated and 12 Marines died (tragically) from a suicide bombing. You seem like another Second Sight type poster. A 60 year old something man who thinks and reacts like he's still a prepubescent boy.

We're eventually going to come back to afghanistan anyways, to some extent. Obama knew this, so does the CIA.

Biden was a moron before he was even senile, so of course he went ahead and pulled out completely. You could call it balls if you want, I call it reckless and delusional. And no, I'm not pro random wars in the middle east

So fully pulling out from Afghanistan was delusional? It may have been reckless but who cares exactly? Trillions of dollars and thousands of lives were absolutely wasted and it was time to end it and that's exactly what he did unlike Trump as well as Obama.

Hahaha , you cannot be serious? How's what you're saying insightful at all? Trump never actually had the balls to fully get out of Afghanistan. This is totally indisputable. He gets no brownie points at all for anything. Over 130,000 people were evacuated and 12 Marines died (tragically) from a suicide bombing. You seem like another Second Sight type poster. A 60 year old something man who thinks and reacts like he's still a prepubescent boy.

lol.... everyone knows Trump didn't get us all the way out. He left 2,500 there and maintained Bagram Air Base. He had the balls to tell the Taliban if a single U.S. Military member died from that day forward, he'd fuck them up. They complied. They broke the rest of the deal, but our people were safe.

On the insult, come on... that's all you got? I would give you a slam back, but what your wrote was inadequate as far a personal attack goes. Pick up your game. No worries... I don't report.... try harder next time.

On the insult, come on... that's all you got? I would give you a slam back, but what your wrote was inadequate as far a personal attack goes. Pick up your game. No worries... I don't report.... try harder next time.
confused-huh.gif

lol.... everyone knows Trump didn't get us all the way out. He left 2,500 there and maintained Bagram Air Base. He had the balls to tell the Taliban if a single U.S. Military member died from that day forward, he'd fuck them up. They complied. They broke the rest of the deal, but our people were safe.

What's there to report ? Trump talked a big game about pulling out of the Middle East but never actually did. Biden actually got us out (fully) of Afghanistan. You then brought up "Orange Man Bad" as a way to deflect from this. The personal attack was because you're being a totally obtuse troll like Second Sight.

The withdrawal could certainly have been smoother. But military intelligence appears to have really stuffed up as well as none of these generals appeared to be aware the Taliban was capable of taking over in a week - or perhaps more accurately that the ANA they built and worked with would fold that quickly without much fighting at all.

Honestly, the degree to which the ANA were a house of cards (the entire government apparently, considering they repeatedly had drained their cash reserves) with the military apparently being unaware of the state of their creation, I can't see what good 2,500 troops would have done except possibly delay the inevitable for a bit. The only function they would have served is to serve as bait for Taliban and ISIS so the US military could justify prolonging their involvement.

Last edited:
Liars lie. Nobody should be surprised that filthy Biden just says whatever he thinks sounds best at the time, with no regard at all to the truth.

?? Trump?? How did he start this? The US going in Afghanistan?

Not sure what you're asking. Getting out isn't the issue.

The point of the OP is that Biden lied to the American people about why he pulled out all the troops before the evacuation was complete, leaving Americans and Allies (including EU allies) behind without support.

He said his advisors suggested and agreed with that strategy... But his Generals, under testimony, said the told Biden that pulling out the troops too soon would lead to disaster.... which it did.

im pretty sure hes the entire reason why this mess started

Liars lie. Nobody should be surprised that filthy Biden just says whatever he thinks sounds best at the time, with no regard at all to the truth.

Too much credit.

He’s not even in any shape to try to lie.

He just blathers anything that is somewhat related to the carefully screened questions he’s asked while trying to remember what he was told to say.

Back