Crime Biden ends DOJ nursing home investigation for Goatvernor Cuomo, Big Gretch, and Murphy

Nobody deflects responsibility like the left. Nobody. They'll lie to your face about things they cried about just a short time before .

It has trickled down in to the behavior patterns of the more ardent followers. It’s really strange to see. You give a group “extra rights” and they abuse them, of course.

White privilege. This is why we kneel. @Queen B IS NOT an ally.

merlin_144253599_9c2c509e-3e32-45af-a31c-1bf1535b42dd-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Admins could find ALTs via cookie stuffing instead of IPs if they wanted.
I would be surprised if they have that at their disposal. They can't even limit post counts in this sub att.

Bunker Boy: I don't take responsibility at all. It was China

You're just as bad as you claim Trump to be, you know. You literally never defend anything you post and barely get involved in discussions you start.

You're just as bad as you claim Trump to be, you know. You literally never defend anything you post and barely get involved in discussions you start.
He's a troll. The only people who defend the far left are trolls or people who are mentally ill (which makes up the majority of woke people).

Not surprised, its about time.

The only reason there was an investigation was because Bunker Boy wanted to take blame away from himself, his lack of acting in a timely manner, his CDC giving wrong guidance, and to announce the investigation to rally his failed re-election.

All 3 Governors followed CDC guidelines for nursing home at the time and (in context) had the best Covid-19 responses.

E7AacCkXsAMNTEN

why are you advocating for people who murdered senior citizens?

what is wrong you?

how old are your parents or grandparents?

Not surprised, its about time.

The only reason there was an investigation was because Bunker Boy wanted to take blame away from himself, his lack of acting in a timely manner, his CDC giving wrong guidance, and to announce the investigation to rally his failed re-election.

All 3 Governors followed CDC guidelines for nursing home at the time and (in context) had the best Covid-19 responses.

E7AacCkXsAMNTEN

Serious question for anyone who wants to answer (I'm asking this sincerely as a Canadian who doesn't understand how to interpret the data):

What is the dynamic that accounts for the fact that the highest Covid mortality rates in the US are in blue states?

The top 4 are New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.

Then you get the first Red State (Mississippi) at number 5.

10 of the top 15 highest death rates are blue states.

People talk about the recklessness of states like Texas and Florida, but their mortality rate is actually smack in the middle at number 24 and 25.

I mean, yes, we could argue that New York and New Jersey are kind of unfortunate one offs that git hit early before anyone had a good understanding of best practices. But overall? Surely if the Red States were run and populated by reckless, anti-science cavepeople, and the Blue States were run and populated by thoughtful citizens who follow the science, that would show up in the results, no?

I'm not throwing a bomb here. I'm legit interested in what people think is happening here. (Less interested in what people on the right think about this question since the data is in keeping with their views on the issue. More interested in what people on the left think is happening here, since the data doesn't seem to follow their logic.)

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Serious question for anyone who wants to answer (I'm asking this sincerely as a Canadian who doesn't understand how to interpret the data):

What is the dynamic that accounts for the fact that the highest Covid mortality rates in the US are in blue states?

People talk about the recklessness of states like Texas and Florida, but their mortality rate is actually smack in the middle at number 24 and 25.

I mean, yes, we could argue that New York and New Jersey are kind of unfortunate one offs that git hit early before anyone had a good understanding of best practices. But overall? Surely if the Red States were run and populated by reckless, anti-science cavepeople, and the Blue States were run and populated by thoughtful citizens who follow the science, that would show up in the results, no?

I'm not throwing a bomb here. I'm legit interested in what people think is happening here. (Less interested in what people on the right think about this question since the data is in keeping with their views on the issue. More interested in what people on the left think is happening here, since the data doesn't seem to follow their logic.)

The majority of the Blue states got hit first and hard, with pretty much no federal support and lack of action from Bunker Boy.

Most of the deaths already happened before the red states even got hit.

Blue states tend to be urban areas with a dense population. People are literally living on top of each other in NYC. They were going to be hit hard regardless of what was done. Of course, certain decisions, like Cuomo shoving COVID patients into nursing homes, unnecessarily raised the death count.

Not to mention "protests" and rioting were more likely to happen and be supported in blue states.

The majority of the Blue states got hit first and hard, with pretty much no federal support and lack of action from Bunker Boy.

Most of the deaths already happened before the red states even got hit.

Like I said, I feel like that works for New York and New Jersey. But dig into the numbers and you'll see it doesn't work overall. As just one example, Florida started spiking for its first wave in mid June 2020, while Michigan didn't get its first wave until mid October. And yet Michigan currently sits at number 12 for mortality and Florida sits at number 25.

Sources:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/michigan/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Michigan is notorious for having some of the most strict lockdown regulations, while Florida is notorious for having some of the most lax. Florida got hit harder, earlier. Yet Michigan flew past them when they got hit later.

Again, I'd like know what the explanation for this would be. Not some narrative that only seems to fit on the surface, but an actual explanation that matches the data.

Blue states tend to be urban areas with a dense population. People are literally living on top of each other in NYC. They were going to be hit hard regardless of what was done. Of course, certain decisions, like Cuomo shoving COVID patients into nursing homes, unnecessarily raised the death count.

Not to mention "protests" and rioting were more likely to happen and be supported in blue states.

But Florida's population is over twice as dense as Michigan's, and yet Michigan is at number 12 for mortality and Florida is at number 25.

Your second point might hold some water. But Florida has spring break and mega churches. You would think those would balance out the protests a little bit.

Source:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/183588/population-density-in-the-federal-states-of-the-us/

But Florida's population is over twice as dense as Michigan's, and yet Michigan is at number 12 for mortality and Florida is at number 25.

Your second point might hold some water. But Florida has spring break and mega churches. You would think those would balance out the protests a little bit.

Source:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/183588/population-density-in-the-federal-states-of-the-us/
Other factors come in like who was getting sick the most in each state. Contrary to the fear-mongering, this is still a disease with a 99% survival rate. The moralities are going to be the old, the obese and people who already had a really bad illness.

Most of the people who don't fit in those categories will, at worst, experience moderate symptoms and then recover. I don't know how much of those vulnerable people are in Michigan as compared to other states like Florida.

But we do have to remember that there are governors like DeSantis who didn't enact policies such as sending COVID patients into nursing homes and were more likely to accept federal help than certain other governors.

Back