Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

They were wearing masks

True, they just take them off to yell and then put them right back on

images

True, they just take them off to yell and then put them right back on

images

Look at that cuck. He's like a personification of everything you imagine when you think of a white, liberal BLM fanatic. I bet he's in a 'polyamorous' relationship with an androgynous looking girl who is on Tinder and describes herself as 'pansexual'.

It won't work. 49% of the country won't abide by either which is why we still have the problem as bad as we do.
When people don't abide by it it's pointless. This is Biden's way of trying to take credit for being productive and hoping he fixes it so he can brag about it. However as we have seen before Biden gets everything wrong then he will distance, lie or blame someone else (Trump) for the lock down not working.

I know. They won't admit you for minor stuff, especially when they're already nearing capacity. And this is even more true when you're talking about someone who has a highly transmittable virus.

The absolute LAST thing that ANY hospital staff person wants is a Covid-positive case being admitted when they only have minor symptoms. They can still spread it (and who knows what the symptoms will be for someone who contracts it from them) but are wasting time and space for someone who actually needs it.

That's why imo hospitalizations might be the most important stat. Above cases, and even above deaths. There's reports of deaths being attributed to Covid that shouldn't be. Okay, fine. Cases matter...but asymptomatic or those barely affected just buoys those who say this isn't a big deal. But hospitalizations...you can't spin that. It shows people are really being affected by this thing. It shows how our health care infrastructure is massively taxed by it. It actually paints the picture of what we're dealing with.
Hospitalization rates and excess death are probably the two best numbers to present to someone who doesnt think the pandemic is legit.

Look at that cuck. He's like a personification of everything you imagine when you think of a white, liberal BLM fanatic. I bet he's in a 'polyamorous' relationship with an androgynous looking girl who is on Tinder and describes herself as 'pansexual'.

You’re not wrong. But you should still wear a mask and social distance.

Hospitalization rates and excess death are probably the two best numbers to present to someone who doesnt think the pandemic is legit.

The after effects should be a bigger reason to avoid COVID.
Permanent lung and heart degeneration.

It would have been nice if we had actually locked down back in March, and imposed a mask mandate, and got this thing under control so we didn't have to hobble the economy for a year.

At this stage, I don't think a lockdown is necessary if you actually impose a mask mandate. Not a mandate to own a mask or to be carrying one around with you, but to wear a mask that you can't blow out a candle through that completely covers your mouth and nose. We've been doing this at my office since April/May and haven't had a new case since. Previously we had about 40% of the workforce catch Covid because you couldn't buy masks at an industrial scale the time.

It would have been nice if we had actually locked down back in March, and imposed a mask mandate, and got this thing under control so we didn't have to hobble the economy for a year.

At this stage, I don't think a lockdown is necessary if you actually impose a mask mandate. Not a mandate to own a mask or to be carrying one around with you, but to wear a mask that you can't blow out a candle through that completely covers your mouth and nose. We've been doing this at my office since April/May and haven't had a new case since. Previously we had about 40% of the workforce catch Covid because you couldn't buy masks at an industrial scale the time.

Unfortunately it wouldn’t have mattered. In a population this large and entitled, the mask thing was never going to work.

Whats funny is I made a thread last week saying they were going to lock us down again now that the election is over and got called a CT nut

Stand outside on a cold day and watch your breath as it floats away from you. This is the only reason for the common mask. It reduces how your breath spreads in the air.

That being said... this lock down is far worse then covid and it’s destroying lives of healthy people

The people in charge are not seeing the big picture and are only focused on the virus itself but missing the damage of the policies
Absolutely agree with this. They're afraid of being seen as not caring about vulnerable people. We never did this for influenza pandemics because it wasn't so politicized then. People can die of other illnesses indirectly because of lockdowns. As a democracy we need to do what is good for the vast majority. The logical thing to do is to protect the elderly and those with weakened immune systems by recommending they self isolate and protect themselves as much as possible. Healthy people need to fight illnesses off to keep the immune system strong. Social isolation and extreme cleanliness weakens the immune system and makes healthy people more susceptible to viruses like covid.

Absolutely agree with this. They're afraid of being seen as not caring about vulnerable people. We never did this for influenza pandemics because it wasn't so politicized then. People can die of other illnesses indirectly because of lockdowns. As a democracy we need to do what is good for the vast majority. The logical thing to do is to protect the elderly and those with weakened immune systems by recommending they self isolate and protect themselves as much as possible. Healthy people need to fight illnesses off to keep the immune system strong. Social isolation and extreme cleanliness weakens the immune system and makes healthy people more susceptible to viruses like covid.

Except there’s some permanent lung and heart scarring.
It’s not just the “flu”.

I had a feeling this would happen. Biden/Harris and their covid adviser are planning for a four to six national lockdown and national face mask mandate. We Canadians we have gone through this lockdown and another lockdown again for Ontario.

These lockdowns aren't helping the economy not sure where Biden Covid adviser got the idea from that a lockdown or bailouts are going to help revive the economy.
Look at Italy there are more and more regional protests against the lockdown measures. France had lockdowns and you have seen people fleeing Paris because of the lockdowns.
I would imagine in America and in some places in America it could can get worse if there is a national lockdown.

Borrowing money for businesses that have lost money during the lockdown has been tried in Canada and Ontario and hasn't been helpful. I have seen a news interview with one owner bar/restaurant literally crying on the air saying they aren't able to survive in the new year if this keeps going like this.

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy
It’s not complicated. Basically the worse the pandemic gets the more unhealthy the economy gets because it says demand and commerce. If you at least blunt the flames, you can get back to opening things back up. But for people to whistle past the fact that we’re rapidly approaching 200k cases and 3000k dead per day is astonishing.

Except there’s some permanent lung and heart scarring.
It’s not just the “flu”.
People die from the flu too you know. According to WHO it's 3 times more deadly than the flu but that's debatable since so many people dying from other illnesses are being marked down as a covid death. Permanent lung or heart scarring will be in a tiny minority of people who get covid. Over 80% of people don't even get symptoms and when they do they are in the vast majority of cases very minor flu like symptoms. The danger of covid has certainly been exaggerated for political means. But we should still protect those vulnerable by recommending they self isolate as much as they can while society carries on before causing major recessions that could cause more deaths.

So is the verdict in that masks simply aren't miracle cures for Covid then? Which means can the left stop using the "they were wearing a mask" as an excuse for their mass protests of thousands.

I hope we cryo freeze the entire country like Disney’s brain until it is safe again

Back