Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

Good for you though, seriously. We have a favorite bar in town here. It's kind of a dive, but they have the best bar food (shit I try not to eat too often ha ha). They also pour a great drink. Well, we haven't been going there for drinks at all but we definitely still carry out food to support them (and because the food is awesome). I wear my mask in there and of course there are people in there drinking and I stand at the end of the bar waiting on my food with my mask on and they all look at me like I'm the nutjob. Well, whatever. I know I'm doing the smart thing, and IDGAF if they think I'm paranoid or whatever.
Exactly. I say the same thing when people tell me I dont have to wear it "I dont know, but I'm just gonna wear it to be safe and respectful" society is fucked

Where do you live? I visited rural PA and ain't nobody wearing masks and a bunch of Trump signs and Trump flag convoys
Really? In a rural, less populated area, you're telling me those people aren't wearing masks as much as those living in the city!!??

Good point.

Just found out today that my dad has it. He's 77 and in an assisted living facility. Not in great health, smoker for most of his adult life. He's had symptoms since end of last week. So far, he says it's like a really bad cold and he also has no sense of smell or taste. But his breathing is fine...so far.

Gotta admit...I'm preparing that he isn't gonna survive it. I hope I'm wrong, and so far I definitely am. But I know it can turn bad quickly. We'll see. It's tough too because I haven't been able to see him in months, no visitor policy has been in place. If he dies and I haven't seen him since July that's gonna be really rough.
Hope your pops is okay. It's very insidious how it can present mildly and become very bad in a short amount of time. My wife and me are RNs, she has four coworkers pass away from it. I had a few who were hospitalized but made it, one is still out though he's still pretty banged up.

Hope your pops is okay. It's very insidious how it can present mildly and become very bad in a short amount of time. My wife and me are RNs, she has four coworkers pass away from it. I had a few who were hospitalized but made it, one is still out though he's still pretty banged up.
That's scary. My wife's had several exposures and a handful of coworkers come down with it, but I don't think anyone has passed away.

Thanks man. I'm trying not to think too much about it. If he turns worse I'm gonna get more emotional about it for sure. Now when I'm talking to him on the phone I'm just trying to keep it normal.

Thanks man. I'm trying not to think too much about it. If he turns worse I'm gonna get more emotional about it for sure. Now when I'm talking to him on the phone I'm just trying to keep it normal.
Stay positive and he safe bro. Prayers to you and your family.

I am fine with Masks and physical distancing at public shops/places.
But health experts telling us to wear face masks in our own homes? and more lockdowns? nah i don't support that plan.

Where i live i can already see people have been mentally and emotionally drained from these past few months because of these lockdowns.

Last edited:
I am fine with Masks and physical distancing at public shops/places.
But health experts telling us to wear face masks in our own homes? and more lockdowns? nah i don't support that plan.

Where i live i can already see people have been mentally and emotionally drained from these past few months because of these lockdowns.

Masks in our own houses? No. I'm all about masks (even though I don't like wearing it, I know it's needed when in public and indoors). In my house? No way.

Masks in our own houses? No. I'm all about masks (even though I don't like wearing it, I know it's needed when in public and indoors). In my house? No way.
Source
Masks recommended when physical distancing not possible
In Other words your own home.
This video clip is no parody either.

Ironical enough not a single health doctor came on the news and promoted healthy habits. You know like good diet, doing exercises etc.

Source

In Other words your own home.
This video clip is no parody either.

Ironical enough not a single health doctor came on the news and promoted healthy habits. You know like good diet, doing exercises etc.

Yeah, I've been running every day during Covid. I can work from home. I use my normal drive time to go running.

I just can't abide wearing a mask in my own house...

He's right. Of course by "revive the economy", he means wreck every small business so billionaires can scoop them up for pennies, and by "covid advisor", he means the fuck heads at Davos.
Bezos need more mega warehouses and Hunter have business to make.
Shut up and dance.

Use a mask while doing it.

You can’t expect over 300 million people to self isolate.
If everyone self isolated for 14-21 days this thing is over.
Just not gonna happen though. Too much ego and freedom.

Just what China and Russia and India etc want.

For western economies to destroy themselves with lockdowns

You can’t expect over 300 million people to self isolate.
If everyone self isolated for 14-21 days this thing is over.
Just not gonna happen though. Too much ego and freedom.

Really? So does that include emergency workers too?

Scenario - your house catches fire. You drag your family out, emergency services arrive, you and your family are taken in for treatment. You all have covid, asymptomatic. Bam, covid has entered the hospital, and the domino effect begins.

What you're describing is basically the entire country of America shutting down including emergency and essential workers, and nobody being able to buy food and essential supplies for 3 weeks. And don't even say "online shopping" because that's both unrealistic for 300million people and also involves you know, fucking people delivering that food from home to home. Christ.

If that's what you're suggesting, yeah you might be able to get rid of covid. Until the next plane lands in the States from overseas.

Really? So does that include emergency workers too?

Scenario - your house catches fire. You drag your family out, emergency services arrive, you and your family are taken in for treatment. You all have covid, asymptomatic. Bam, covid has entered the hospital, and the domino effect begins.

What you're describing is basically the entire country of America shutting down including emergency and essential workers, and nobody being able to buy food and essential supplies for 3 weeks. And don't even say "online shopping" because that's both unrealistic for 300million people and also involves you know, fucking people delivering that food from home to home. Christ.

If that's what you're suggesting, yeah you might be able to get rid of covid. Until the next plane lands in the States from overseas.

Your reply is why this shit is spreading so fast.
You wear a mask for a few weeks, don’t go to or hold public gatherings.
Not sure where a house on fire came from, but yeah don’t let your house catch on fire I guess?

Good point.

Just found out today that my dad has it. He's 77 and in an assisted living facility. Not in great health, smoker for most of his adult life. He's had symptoms since end of last week. So far, he says it's like a really bad cold and he also has no sense of smell or taste. But his breathing is fine...so far.

Gotta admit...I'm preparing that he isn't gonna survive it. I hope I'm wrong, and so far I definitely am. But I know it can turn bad quickly. We'll see. It's tough too because I haven't been able to see him in months, no visitor policy has been in place. If he dies and I haven't seen him since July that's gonna be really rough.

Sorry to hear that. I know how rough it is. My MIL is in a similar situation and my wife and I haven’t been able to visit either. We got a call on Monday that one worker and a cna that visits tested positive. So far all people living there, about 12 (it is a small facility) have all tested negative and they will be tested again on Friday.

Looks like masks definitely help.

The odds are still in your dads favor that he will get through this.

It’s those aftermath heart and lung issues that sound bad. Really worried about my kid getting it.

Back