Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

We are in Ontario officially 9 months locked in this lockdown. At least this is what they call it a "Modified Version of Stage II." Stage I was the worst.
There are some jobs which have been hurt by the lockdowns and some are still struggling.

I'll wear a mask but I hate them

May I suggest trying the surgical type masks if you don't already use them as I find they're much easier to breathe through than other type of masks like the cotton or paper dust masks etc.

May I suggest trying the surgical type masks if you don't already use them as I find they're much easier to breathe through than other type of masks like the cotton or paper dust masks etc.
that's what my cousin said to do too. She's a nurse

It’s okay, the few people I know that voted for Biden, said he would never lock things down again.

Obvious fake news, quit propagating misinformation OP

If it's just more testing, why are hospitalizations skyrocketing too? People who don't really need to go are just super eager to check themselves in?
Yep, you don't get hospitalized for just having a runny nose and cough.

Can't believe people still don't get this.

So you see 49% of people out not wearing a mask? Because when I go in public it's more like 4 or 5% not wearing a mask. Perhaps this shit just does what it does with or without your pretend force field of a mask.

Masks aren't magical, they don't stop it completely of course. Just like people die in car accidents while wearing seatbelts. Doesn't mean we should just get rid of seatbelts does it? There's some actual science that shows why masks help slow the spread of this thing...

Masks is one part of it. We also have people just thumbing their nose at any talk of not congregating. They jam themselves into bars and parties, etc.

I don't want businesses to close. I'm carrying out from restaurants all the time to try to support them. Shopping at small businesses (wearing a mask LOL) as much as I can. Lockdowns suck and shouldn't be necessary.

This is disheartening to hear. There are a lot of very smart doctors and epidemiologists who are opposed to locking everything down again. Wish we had some smarter people in charge.

Yep, you don't get hospitalized for just having a runny nose and cough.

Can't believe people still don't get this.

I know. They won't admit you for minor stuff, especially when they're already nearing capacity. And this is even more true when you're talking about someone who has a highly transmittable virus.

The absolute LAST thing that ANY hospital staff person wants is a Covid-positive case being admitted when they only have minor symptoms. They can still spread it (and who knows what the symptoms will be for someone who contracts it from them) but are wasting time and space for someone who actually needs it.

That's why imo hospitalizations might be the most important stat. Above cases, and even above deaths. There's reports of deaths being attributed to Covid that shouldn't be. Okay, fine. Cases matter...but asymptomatic or those barely affected just buoys those who say this isn't a big deal. But hospitalizations...you can't spin that. It shows people are really being affected by this thing. It shows how our health care infrastructure is massively taxed by it. It actually paints the picture of what we're dealing with.

I know. They won't admit you for minor stuff, especially when they're already nearing capacity. And this is even more true when you're talking about someone who has a highly transmittable virus.

The absolute LAST thing that ANY hospital staff person wants is a Covid-positive case being admitted when they only have minor symptoms. They can still spread it (and who knows what the symptoms will be for someone who contracts it from them) but are wasting time and space for someone who actually needs it.

That's why imo hospitalizations might be the most important stat. Above cases, and even above deaths. There's reports of deaths being attributed to Covid that shouldn't be. Okay, fine. Cases matter...but asymptomatic or those barely affected just buoys those who say this isn't a big deal. But hospitalizations...you can't spin that. It shows people are really being affected by this thing. It shows how our health care infrastructure is massively taxed by it. It actually paints the picture of what we're dealing with.
That and quality of life for "survivors" who made it after being on experimental drugs and suffered orgain failure. Death rates aren't everything and people put too much emphasis on it. Don't know how many I've heard who had to have tracheostomies and have to live on vents now or went through rigorous rehab after just to be able to get dressed on their own.

It won't work. 49% of the country won't abide by either which is why we still have the problem as bad as we do.
Are you fucking kidding me. I know dozens of trump supporters, and aside from maybe 2/3 of them, they wear masks indoors and dont go to huge events. I know lots of Biden voters who went to protests with thousands of people. But I guess it only spreads at bike rallies and churches xD

That and quality of life for "survivors" who made it after being on experimental drugs and suffered orgain failure. Death rates aren't everything and people put too much emphasis on it. Don't know how many I've heard who had to have tracheostomies and have to live on vents now or went through rigorous rehab after just to be able to get dressed on their own.

Good point.

Just found out today that my dad has it. He's 77 and in an assisted living facility. Not in great health, smoker for most of his adult life. He's had symptoms since end of last week. So far, he says it's like a really bad cold and he also has no sense of smell or taste. But his breathing is fine...so far.

Gotta admit...I'm preparing that he isn't gonna survive it. I hope I'm wrong, and so far I definitely am. But I know it can turn bad quickly. We'll see. It's tough too because I haven't been able to see him in months, no visitor policy has been in place. If he dies and I haven't seen him since July that's gonna be really rough.

Are you fucking kidding me. I know dozens of trump supporters, and aside from maybe 2/3 of them, they wear masks indoors and dont go to huge events. I know lots of Biden voters who went to protests with thousands of people. But I guess it only spreads at bike rallies and churches xD

I don't think it needs to be political. I know you're responding to him. But there are people from all ideologies that are making piss poor choices. And those from all ideologies that are using common sense.

I think the main problem is that people who can't handle being apart from the rest of humanity are rationalizing their behavior. Congregating en masse and finding reasons to justify it. And it's people from all walks of life. From all ideological sides. For different reasons maybe, but still engaging in behavior that helps spread it.

Yes, this will certainly "revive" the economy...LOL.

Certainly won't end up being ultimately useless and only kill businesses, before you open up again, followed by another surge that ultimately leads to another lockdown that will just kill more jobs, and not the virus...

In all honesty though, I don't see Biden doing this. It's incredibly unpopular and ineffective. Think he just waits it out, and sees what the vaccines do. Maybe gives a mask mandate in the meantime.

I don't think it needs to be political. I know you're responding to him. But there are people from all ideologies that are making piss poor choices. And those from all ideologies that are using common sense.

I think the main problem is that people who can't handle being apart from the rest of humanity are rationalizing their behavior. Congregating en masse and finding reasons to justify it. And it's people from all walks of life. From all ideological sides. For different reasons maybe, but still engaging in behavior that helps spread it.
Yup, strictly in response to him. I've been wearing my mask for 6 months now. Matter fact, when I go to the weed store, I'm the only person wearing one. None of the workers. None of the security. No customer mandate. Just me, every freaking time. It's insane and they look at me like I'm crazy.

Yup, strictly in response to him. I've been wearing my mask for 6 months now. Matter fact, when I go to the weed store, I'm the only person wearing one. None of the workers. None of the security. No customer mandate. Just me, every freaking time. It's insane and they look at me like I'm crazy.

Good for you though, seriously. We have a favorite bar in town here. It's kind of a dive, but they have the best bar food (shit I try not to eat too often ha ha). They also pour a great drink. Well, we haven't been going there for drinks at all but we definitely still carry out food to support them (and because the food is awesome). I wear my mask in there and of course there are people in there drinking and I stand at the end of the bar waiting on my food with my mask on and they all look at me like I'm the nutjob. Well, whatever. I know I'm doing the smart thing, and IDGAF if they think I'm paranoid or whatever.

Stand outside on a cold day and watch your breath as it floats away from you. This is the only reason for the common mask. It reduces how your breath spreads in the air.

That being said... this lock down is far worse then covid and it’s destroying lives of healthy people

The people in charge are not seeing the big picture and are only focused on the virus itself but missing the damage of the policies

So you see 49% of people out not wearing a mask? Because when I go in public it's more like 4 or 5% not wearing a mask. Perhaps this shit just does what it does with or without your pretend force field of a mask.
Where do you live? I visited rural PA and ain't nobody wearing masks and a bunch of Trump signs and Trump flag convoys

Back