Opinion Biden Approval Ratings falls to 38% - VP Harris at Historic Low of 28%

So you did post that as evidence they were wrong....except they were not, you were.

This could change, but as of now, you were wrong. It was NOT 1 bad month. It is now 2 bad months in a row. And this is coming as more states opened up and also many are being laid off due to Vax mandates.

So , you honestly think two months of economic data and job figures trumps an entire year's worth as for the status of the economy?

So , you honestly think two months of economic data and job figures trumps an entire year's worth as for the status of the economy?

It's 9 months in, and the last 2 months have been bad. Inflation is ramping up and people are being laid off due to mandates.

This is about NOW and the FUTURE. Anyone can point to past stats, they are behind us. This is about what is happening now and what will likely happen in the future.

It's 9 months in, and the last 2 months have been bad. Inflation is ramping up and people are being laid off due to mandates.

This is about NOW and the FUTURE. Anyone can point to past stats, they are behind us. This is about what is happening now and what will likely happen in the future.

So, if everything's so dire based upon these two job misses, why has not the stock market tanked and why are bond yields still so low?

So, if everything's so dire based upon these two job misses, why has not the stock market tanked and why are bond yields still so low?

Stock market hasn't done shit for 6 months. And the bond market is a manipulated joke.

See, this is the thing, you are not looking at CURRENT events and trying to get a grasp on the future. You are just pointing to things that have little actual bearing on the economy as a way to defend a president you think is on your side.

Stock market hasn't done shit for 6 months. And the bond market is a manipulated joke.

See, this is the thing, you are not looking at CURRENT events and trying to get a grasp on the future. You are just pointing to things that have little actual bearing on the economy as a way to defend a president you think is on your side.

Except the stock market is a good gauge of the future (of corporate profits and the overall economy) and if these last two jobs reports portended such a miserly future, why hasn't the market tanked?

Except the stock market is a good gauge of the future (of corporate profits and the overall economy) and if these last two jobs reports portended such a miserly future, why hasn't the market tanked?

Like I said, it has done nothing the last 6 months. And the market is no longer a forward indicator. Not with the Fed pouring money into it.

Like I said, it has done nothing the last 6 months. And the market is no longer a forward indicator. Not with the Fed pouring money into it.

S and P 500 is up over 7 percent (including dividends) the last 6 months. That's hardly "done nothing" (especially when the long term return is between 9 and 10 percent annually). And you're really arguing that the stock market (i.e. future corporate profits) is not an indicator because the Fed is pouring money into it? Really ? The Fed has been buying assets for like 12, 13 years now and the market has still seemed like a pretty good forward indicator to me.

It's funny how you seem so convinced that two straight lackluster job reports are so much more meaningful as a forward indicator than the stock market (which is, of course, a much better indicator considering it consists of millions upon millions of buyers and sellers trying to figure out the future worth of companies and assets).

The jobs report was actually pretty good, actually.

200.gif

And this is a knock on the shitty NYT, not Biden. I wish the economy was doing better and I don't really find the economy struggling funny to own someone in charge I didn't vote for. It fucks over real people.

S and P 500 is up over 7 percent (including dividends) the last 6 months. That's hardly "done nothing" (especially when the long term return is between 9 and 10 percent annually). And you're really arguing that the stock market (i.e. future corporate profits) is not an indicator because the Fed is pouring money into it? Really ? The Fed has been buying assets for like 12, 13 years now and the market has still seemed like a pretty good forward indicator to me.

It's funny how you seem so convinced that two straight lackluster job reports are so much more meaningful as a forward indicator than the stock market (which is, of course, a much better indicator considering it consists of millions upon millions of buyers and sellers trying to figure out the future worth of companies and assets).

I'm kind of at a loss. I never thought I'd be arguing this with someone who likely considers themselves a progressive. You are actually trying to argue that the S&P being up 6% equals a healthy economy.

It is truly Clown World

I'm kind of at a loss. I never thought I'd be arguing this with someone who likely considers themselves a progressive. You are actually trying to argue that the S&P being up 6% equals a healthy economy.

It is truly Clown World

I do not consider myself a progressive and what does that have to do with anything here?
You said that the S and p 500 was hardly up over the last 6 months and I then pointed out that (including dividends) it is up 7 percent over the last 6 months which is higher than the historical average of 9 to 10 percent annually. Also, today the market was flat after the miss on the jobs report, and bond yields are still incredibly low. If things are going to be so dire in the coming future why are not the stock and bond markets reacting very negatively? You must think they are very inefficient then no?

I do not consider myself a progressive and what does that have to do with anything here?
You said that the S and p 500 was hardly up over the last 6 months and I then pointed out that (including dividends) it is up 7 percent over the last 6 months which is higher than the historical average of 9 to 10 percent annually. Also, today the market was flat after the miss on the jobs report, and bond yields are still incredibly low. If things are going to be so dire in the coming future why are not the stock and bond markets reacting very negatively? You must think they are very inefficient then no?

I didn't say S&P.

djia is up 3%

You said the stock market. The S and P 500 is easily the best barometer of the stock market.

Dow is up 3% brother. That's nothing. And we are likely to see a correction soon

Dow is up 3% brother. That's nothing. And we are likely to see a correction soon

The DOW is not at all a good representation of the stock market considering it only has 30 companies and it weights based upon stock price and not market capitalization. You likely already knew that but are now just playing games and trolling me.

The DOW is not at all a good representation of the stock market considering it only has 30 companies and it weights based upon stock price and not market capitalization. You likely already knew that but are now just playing games and trolling me.

Nasdaq is up about 4%

None of it matters dude. The stock market sometimes actually moves up on bad job numbers. Because it can force the Fed to hold steady on rates and pump more money into the market.

The stock market means absolutely nothing in regards to this.

And heads up, you are getting likes by a guy who attacked people for warning about inflation about a month or so ago..

bottom line, things are not going in the right direction. Not even close.

Back