Opinion Biden already back peddling on canceling student loan debt

Good. Taking out a government backed loan is no different than owing taxes.
I assume you mean " paying back" a government loan? No one's forced to take out a loan...

We are all (at least the middle class producers) required to pay taxes, just like your dumbass (not you Cubo) should be required to pay back any loan you took out to earn an obsolete, unnecessary degree. But yea.. I agree.

This from someone who owed over $300k in Staffords...
No one else needs to pay for your mistakes.

why would anyone think they could just borrow money and not pay it back?
No, but at the same time.. in state public schools you shouldn't have to get a loan out in order to attend there. I get taxed to send money to these schools to be publicly subsidized but you STILL want me to drop 25k a year to attend an in state school as a state resident? That's 100k for my undergrad when my taxes are subsidizing it..... That's a goddamn joke.

https://admission.wsu.edu/tuition-costs/tuition-break-down/

Our schools shouldn't be that goddamn expensive for an in-state resident to go to an in-state school.

No, but at the same time.. in state public schools you shouldn't have to get a loan out in order to attend there. I get taxed to send money to these schools to be publicly subsidized but you STILL want me to drop 25k a year to attend an in state school as a state resident? That's 100k for my undergrad when my taxes are subsidizing it..... That's a goddamn joke.

https://admission.wsu.edu/tuition-costs/tuition-break-down/

Our schools shouldn't be that goddamn expensive for an in-state resident to go to an in-state school.

the no questions asked loans are what caused that in the first place.

So only if you can break yourself working a night job and going to school full time or have a trust fund you can get higher education? Or try to get a sports scholarship and just fuck everyone else?

yes...you should have to work and go to college at the same time unless you are fortunate enough to be born to a wealthy family. Just because you are jealous of rich people doesn't mean that I'm suppose to fund your desire to sit on your ass and go to school until your 25. get over it.

So only if you can break yourself working a night job and going to school full time or have a trust fund you can get higher education? Or try to get a sports scholarship and just fuck everyone else?
can't talk complex things with simpletons

yes...you should have to work and go to college at the same time unless you are fortunate enough to be born to a wealthy family. Just because you are jealous of rich people doesn't mean that I'm suppose to fund your desire to sit on your ass and go to school until your 25. get over it.
Here's a hint... you're already paying for this. Your money goes to the colleges from taxes ofr the football programs, academic scholarships, and other shit so you're ALREADY doing taht. Just maybe if these president's of univs weren't making high 6 figures to be president (little more than a fucking figurehead) of a school then these schools would be more affordable and these loans wouldn't be stupid as fuck.

I SAY THIS AS SOMEONE THAT PAID OFF HIS UNDERGRAD LOAN AND AM CONSISTENTLY WORKING/PAYING DOWN MY POST-GRAD LOAN!

can't talk complex things with simpletons
I just... yeah. You can't jump straight to "free" college or wiping out loans but you can at least find places to start. Kill all the interest. If a private company did what these federal backed loans do they'd be brought up on charges for like racketeering and shit.

The people you're arguing with very likely never went to college. They have no clue the effort it takes to assimilate a huge pile of new, very complex information you've never heard of every week, and we're not even getting into the hours you have to put it to maintain a high GPA if you want to go to grad school. They think their 40 hours a week job on the assembly line is equivalent to juggling very cognitively demanding tasks 60 hours a week, unpaid. Just delusional.

He tweeted out before the election that it was not his intention to forgive student loan debt. Thus, he is keeping his promise.

Too bad bitches and cry babies, pay your own debt.

Here's a hint... you're already paying for this. Your money goes to the colleges from taxes ofr the football programs, academic scholarships, and other shit so you're ALREADY doing taht. Just maybe if these president's of univs weren't making high 6 figures to be president (little more than a fucking figurehead) of a school then these schools would be more affordable and these loans wouldn't be stupid as fuck.

I SAY THIS AS SOMEONE THAT PAID OFF HIS UNDERGRAD LOAN AND AM CONSISTENTLY WORKING/PAYING DOWN MY POST-GRAD LOAN!

I just... yeah. You can't jump straight to "free" college or wiping out loans but you can at least find places to start. Kill all the interest. If a private company did what these federal backed loans do they'd be brought up on charges for like racketeering and shit.

right..I am already forced to "invest" in your future...and now you don't even wanna pay it back?

First you guys advocated for cheap, easily obtainable, no restriction gov't back loans. Of course...that drove the prices higher and higher. Now, because you are mad at the cost of school, you want to continue to take my money and not bother with paying it back....because rich people. I guess it's a good deal if you can get it.

right..I am already forced to "invest" in your future...and now you don't even wanna pay it back?

First you guys advocated for cheap, easily obtainable, no restriction gov't back loans. Of course...that drove the prices higher and higher. Now, because you are mad at the cost of school, you want to continue to take my money and not bother with paying it back....because rich people. I guess it's a good deal if you can get it.
Too bad I never advocated for cheap no restriction gov't loans. But try again.

And prices have been high for over 3 decades now. I'm barely that old so there's no way that's on me. Sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree with a serial draft dodger in your av so.....

“Kill the interest” should be the focus
It should be the start.

I'd argue start at killing off interest and then jump to "have the loans set up and then if you have consistent for so many years we void the rest of the loan"

Too bad I never advocated for cheap no restriction gov't loans. But try again.

And prices have been high for over 3 decades now. I'm barely that old so there's no way that's on me. Sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree with a serial draft dodger in your av so.....

It should be the start.

I'd argue start at killing off interest and then jump to "have the loans set up and then if you have consistent for so many years we void the rest of the loan"
The point is that the prices have been consitantly rising since people like you advocated for them in the first place, and Wayne was 34 years old when Pearl Harbor was bombed, past the eligible age of being drafted.

why would anyone think they could just borrow money and not pay it back?
Why would anyone put themselves 100k in debt for a liberal art degree? We're not talking about smart people here.

The point is that the prices have been consitantly rising since people like you advocated for them in the first place, and Wayne was 34 years old when Pearl Harbor was bombed, past the eligible age of being drafted.
I like how you keep going for the "people like you" remark. Shows you know jackshit about where I actually am sitting on opinions.

"Oh, he was 34 and wasn't eligble to be drafted!"

He could have still enlisted. He was first enrolled in selective service in 1934 and was deferred for being a married man with children, I'm not going to critique that one. He then was enrolled in SS again and in 1944 used a stardom defermet basically to avoid service. Not age, he pulled the literal "I'm a celebrity card". He had a three year affair with Dietrich in this time period and tried to hound John Ford to fast track him to serve under Ford who was a commissioned Commander in the Navy Reserves.

Elivs Presley served, Woody Guthrie fucking served at the age of 31, Joe Louis served. John Wayne had a shot and copped out on "I'm a superstar" basically.

Instead of student loan forgiveness the government should give larger tax breaks/credit for college tuition and even make it retroactive for a certain amount of years. Maybe even allow parents to write off 529 plan contributions up to a certain amount. Kind of treat it like a HSA. Just my opinion.
Or put the onus on the institutions for charging buckets of money for absolute dogshit degrees

Back