Opinion Biden already back peddling on canceling student loan debt

Bootstrap talk is not allowed here.

boot straps. Or being a dirty hobo. Same thing.
Life is brutal. Espeviall If you don’t have family to bail you out.
I’m not some rich asshole. I spend waaay below my means. I drive a shitty car.
I have no wants for me. I have 3 sons. They get what they need. Not what they want.

I haven’t bought clothes for myself in like a decade. Same with a vehicle.
I’ve had my iPhone for a decade.

the kids have PS4. I have many TVs. But I have no cable.

and I moved to a tiny town. I have just 2 acres. So the kids have tiny 4 wheelers. Tiny. Snowmobiles. And tiny motorbikes when they’re ready.

those items are so god damn inexpensive you wouldn’t believe it.

life can be absolutely brutal. And it can be a little nice.
Nobody is going to comfort that but you.

I never took a paycheck for myself for almost 6 years.

I just ate from the shop. And I played the king game. I have lower prices to build
Relationships. Got into usda. And just inched along those many years.

Great story. Love the entrepreneurial spirit.

That said, I wonder if there's a happy compromise with schooling being publicly funded. Instead of handing out loans and driving the cost up for every university major (where half the classes are superfluous), maybe subsidizing streamlined programs in targeted areas of need is a worthwhile approach. For example, eat shit if you wanna study history, but here's funding if you want to become a doctor. And let the medical students skip the P.E. and liberal arts credits.

Great story. Love the entrepreneurial spirit.

That said, I wonder if there's a happy compromise with schooling being publicly funded. Instead of handing out loans and driving the cost up for every university major (where half the classes are superfluous), maybe subsidizing streamlined programs in targeted areas of need is a worthwhile approach. For example, eat shit if you wanna study history, but here's funding if you want to become a doctor. And let the medical students skip the P.E. and liberal arts credits.

Man I don’t know. I can only speak for me and what other did. Which I don’t know the circumstances.

all I know. Is if a dipshit like me with no family to fall back on can go as far with what you want to do.

I don’t have a glorious occupation. I cut meat and sell it to the public and many restaurants. And where slot of these butchers fail is they are not usda. Compliant.

so I have a federal inspector in my shop when I open and at least once or 3 times after.

a grocery store had them in twice a year.

so jumping through the hoops. Which I have to pay for if we work late. Enables me to sell to restarsunts. And not just over the counter.

Again I’m just some idiot. Who knows the meat industry through working. Barely graduated highschool. And found my niche in life and somewhat money making.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-student-debt-forgiveness-134555944.html

But I thought effective change was happening leftists? What happened to the 50k I was promised off my loans?

Biden on cancelling $50,000 in student debt: 'I will not make that happen'

"I will not make that happen," Biden said during a CNN town hall on Tuesday night when asked if he would support cancellation of $50,000, adding that it "depends on whether or not you go to a private or public university" and that he’s opposed to saying that he was going to “forgive the debt, billions of dollars of debt, for people who have gone to Harvard and Yale and Penn.”

Wish I would’ve bumped my thread from a month ago before this one. Biden never was one board with 50k student loan forgiveness. During the primaries, he proposed 10k forgiveness in return for public service work. The democratic senate tried to push the 50k proposal about a month ago and Biden again mentioned that isn’t apart of his agenda.

He actually reaffirmed the same position he’s had for a year and you’ve managed to twist it that he is backing out on it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-student-debt-forgiveness-134555944.html

But I thought effective change was happening leftists? What happened to the 50k I was promised off my loans?

Biden on cancelling $50,000 in student debt: 'I will not make that happen'

"I will not make that happen," Biden said during a CNN town hall on Tuesday night when asked if he would support cancellation of $50,000, adding that it "depends on whether or not you go to a private or public university" and that he’s opposed to saying that he was going to “forgive the debt, billions of dollars of debt, for people who have gone to Harvard and Yale and Penn.”

Your concern troll game is strong. I see big things from you here over the course of the next four years.

Wish I would’ve bumped my thread from a month ago before this one. Biden never was one board with 50k student loan forgiveness. During the primaries, he proposed 10k forgiveness in return for public service work. The democratic senate tried to push the 50k proposal about a month ago and Biden again mentioned that isn’t apart of his agenda.

He actually reaffirmed the same position he’s had for a year and you’ve managed to twist it that he is backing out on it.

This.

Painting this as a Biden backpedal is just right-wing concern trolling to create division between moderate and progressive democrats.

This.

Painting this as a Biden backpedal is just right-wing concern trolling to create division between moderate and progressive democrats.

I don’t know TS well enough so I’m not necessarily on board that he’s intentionally lying here. Many people tend to think the parties are always in agreement with each other on policy measures so he probably saw the senate proposals pushed by Schumer and Warren, and then assumed Biden was on board with it too. The problem is he say the article, went with that assumption, and posted a bad title. The article itself is good for discussion and I suppose his confusion and others pointing it out does somewhat highlight the policy differences for others so it’s not a complete loss.

I know. But it's a huge "let them eat cake" sorta thing on top of other "let them eat cake" moments. I work public sector but I only got one day off for President's Day and only make 46k a year... why can't I get a full fucking week off?
I'm not here to make excuses for congressional laziness. I'm with you.

I don’t know TS well enough so I’m not necessarily on board that he’s intentionally lying here.

A bullshit detector should go off any time one hears a conservative criticize a democratic politician for not moving far enough to the left. And the same should be applied when it happens in the opposite direction. (Though the latter is something I rarely if ever see online. Dems virtually celebrate any republican who doesn't go full party wingnut on any piece of legislation.)

So he's not back peddling? If so, this thread is fake media?

The ones who struggle with student loan debt chose a shitty profession. Where going to college to have a “ great life”. And they’re major they can’t pay back.

I never went to college. I barely even graduated I went to a secondary school as I was working in a butcher shop since I was 12.

I knew school wasn’t for me. And I bought the shoot when I was 23. I’ve paid that loan off almost a decade ago. And grew the business. With just talking to local restarsunt and bigger business and other retardant farther away.

I’m not bragging or anything. If you push for something hard enough and invest by whether it be a business that cleans up death. Which I have my mitts in. Or. Merry maids. Or any business where you don’t have to work for someone you can do whatever the fuxk you want to do.

again I’m a complete idiot. I could barely get through highschool. but one thing I can do is talk to people. And get them in on my side of my business without going to school.

I have poor penmanship. I have a poor gpa. But I took life by the waist flipped it around and pile driver butt fucked it.

and I’m just some idiot. Who worked hard. Struggled greatly and crushed.

I’m a complete idiot. If an idiot like me can carve out a path. All of you extremely educated folks with your degrees certainly can do much better.
Cool story bro

But it's not about you

Man I don’t know. I can only speak for me and what other did. Which I don’t know the circumstances.

all I know. Is if a dipshit like me with no family to fall back on can go as far with what you want to do.

I don’t have a glorious occupation. I cut meat and sell it to the public and many restaurants. And where slot of these butchers fail is they are not usda. Compliant.

so I have a federal inspector in my shop when I open and at least once or 3 times after.

a grocery store had them in twice a year.

so jumping through the hoops. Which I have to pay for if we work late. Enables me to sell to restarsunts. And not just over the counter.

Again I’m just some idiot. Who knows the meat industry through working. Barely graduated highschool. And found my niche in life and somewhat money making.
Omg get over yourself
Good for you you made it work, allegedly, but you're kinda missing the point. A higher education shouldn't put you into a mortgage before you even start your professional life

Cool story bro

But it's not about you

yeAh. It’s about true story about someone who never knew that is true. B

how suppressed are you to think that that’s not an attainable goal in a menial field that one could niche out and have a quality life?

to think you think my life is glamorous or unsttaibke is fucking adorable.

Omg get over yourself
Good for you you made it work, allegedly, but you're kinda missing the point. A higher education shouldn't put you into a mortgage before you even start your professional life

Why? Choose your own path. Nothing is ever for feee and because your choose to go to college you are superior?

well tell that to life brutalizing you. And say you went to college.

you don’t get it. People risk it for not going to college. People go to college and fail.
Nobody should be bailed out because you have a piece of paper which maybe you thought you were a superior human at life.

I’m old man. I think it’s hilarious. But keep in wondering why. Shitty degrees should be paid back by the citizens of the country.

when these degrees are working under about a hundred to a thousand people. And some ladies mixed in.

you’re going to continue to fuxk up and wonder why.
Find your niche In life. MYve it’s not what everyone told you.

you’re so much smarter than me. Go be a dr. Or lawyer. Or African dance major. Do what you think you’re schooling equates to as a suxesful path in life.

and when you do that. Don’t wonder why your piece of paper isn’t equating yo real life experience.

a s you’re missing the point entirely. Thinking a piece of paper
Affords you a succesful life.

I get it. You don’t. Life has no mercy. You can pretend it does.

but don’t wonder why you’re schooling isn’t making you capable of raising a family.

I would slap you in your face if I ever spoke to you in real life. And probably departs you and throw you out into the street. If I couldn’t get the point of what you’re conveying and how it is t apt to life.

Colleges are bloated and full of useless people that don't even teach. It is a scam by so many employees.

Good. If you incur a debt, you pay that debt.

unless you are trump and a whole slew of other fuckfaces that open businesses take massive risks and let the taxpayer eat the losses. then its ok.

lets attack biden on things he actually lies about and not make things up shall we? i know during the trump era we were able to gorge ourselves on lie after lie after ridiculous lie. its time to tighten up the belts though because although biden is a liar he cannot even begin to complete with trump.

The ones who struggle with student loan debt chose a shitty profession. Where going to college to have a “ great life”. And they’re major they can’t pay back.

I never went to college. I barely even graduated I went to a secondary school as I was working in a butcher shop since I was 12.

I knew school wasn’t for me. And I bought the shoot when I was 23. I’ve paid that loan off almost a decade ago. And grew the business. With just talking to local restarsunt and bigger business and other retardant farther away.

I’m not bragging or anything. If you push for something hard enough and invest by whether it be a business that cleans up death. Which I have my mitts in. Or. Merry maids. Or any business where you don’t have to work for someone you can do whatever the fuxk you want to do.

again I’m a complete idiot. I could barely get through highschool. but one thing I can do is talk to people. And get them in on my side of my business without going to school.

I have poor penmanship. I have a poor gpa. But I took life by the waist flipped it around and pile driver butt fucked it.

and I’m just some idiot. Who worked hard. Struggled greatly and crushed.

I’m a complete idiot. If an idiot like me can carve out a path. All of you extremely educated folks with your degrees certainly can do much better.

You don't sound like an idiot.

You sound like someone who chose another path and succeeded.

Back