Social Biden Admin cuts off flow of Covid treatments to states

After witnessing the success Florida has had treating Covid with monoclonal antibodies, it looks like demand for them is rapidly increasing. The Biden admin has stepped in to nationalize the supply, and will prevent states from ordering more on their own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/14/monoclonal-antibodies-shortage/

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...ion-in-covid-19-treatment-flowing-to-florida/

De Santis predicts that this change will cut the supply of antibodies to Florida by 50%. This move will result in hospitalizations and deaths, perhaps dispropritionately affecting the vaccinated that make up the majority of people currently seeking treatment in Miami, according to De Santis.

Edit: Clarified that according to De Santis, the majority of people at several sites seeking monoclonal antibodies are vaccinated.

Further edit: To put some numbers on this: Regeneron is currently making 350,000 doses per month. The entire US used 125,000 doses in August. Regeneron says that they can immediately expand production capacity if needed. Not a single state has complained about a Regeneron shortage until now. Regeneron has been filling every order on demand. Now Biden has stepped in and arbitarily cut the supply to Texas and Florida by half, despite there being no evidence of a shortage. The only justification the Whitehouse gave for this is that those states have low vaccination rates.

Biden's been fucking up lately. The media conned a lot of people into thinking he was our "only" choice.

This really should be a bigger story. Because as of now it looks the the Biden Administration is lying about any shortages and seems to be trying to make the Gov look bad by facilitating the death of FL citizens.

And a mere few weeks ago the media and low IQ Posters in here were attacking DeSantis for even using these antibodies as they said it did not work.

At this point, it looks like DeSantis knows how to combat this virus better than the Biden Admin

Sweden had no restrictions or mask mandates during the whole pandemic and they are doing better than most countries.

Sweden had 14x the deaths compared to Australia with less than half the population.

Good.

For those who are too lazy to read the WaPo article, perhaps it would also be edifying to inform them that monoclonal antibodies, like the vaccine, wane in effectiveness against new variants. Thus, new antibodies must be devised, and then bought.

Which is costly. Regeneron costs $2,100 per dose, so we just spent $2.9 billion on 1.2 million doses.

In comparison, the Moderna vaccine, which is effective in preventing contraction of the disease (not just the likelihood to spread it), cost us $5.75bn for 300 million doses.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/04/29/nation/us-government-has-now-given-moderna-6b-vaccine-effort/
Thus, the Moderna vaccine cost us $19.17 per dose.

Ergo, you could fully vaccinate 55 people for the same amount it would cost to treat one person with Regeneron (a monoclonal antibody treatment).
To be fair, with a lot of people it's not necessarily laziness, it's that The Washington Post puts pretty much everything behind a paywall, at least if you've already perused an article or two of theirs in the last month or so. Now in my case, it was laziness since I'm a subscriber. But to be fair to me, I've been up for a long time dealing with a TON of paperwork and documentation. Usually I scrutinize things more closely. :)

I’m not. They’re really only fighting the vaccine because they’re butthurt about losing the election. They never cared about the approval and the rubes would mob the vaccine sites tomorrow if Trump called for it.

He won’t though because COVID being a continuing problem is bad for Biden. It’s fucking unreal
Honestly, I think the inmates are running the asylum on that issue. Trump tried out pumping up the vaccine on the stump in Alabama and the boo birds came out. He knows how to read a room, so he's going to stick to talking about illegals or whatever else riles up the base.

When he brings up vaccines to his base he gets silent disapproval at best and many of them can't hide their hostility even for Dear Leader. He's tried to take credit for the vaccines or to talk up their effectiveness to one extent or another at various times and it just doesn't land. His base hates it and the other base hates him.

...and then blame it on DeSantis.

They're scared shitless he's going to run in 2024.
Are they? He barely beat a gay, black meth head in a red state. Not sure how he's going to pan out on the national stage. By all means try him out...

Are they? He barely beat a gay, black meth head in a red state. Not sure how he's going to pan out on the national stage. By all means try him out...

I don't like his odds either. He is a great Governor, but he is not much of a public speaker. He is short, fat, and has a really whiny voice. Most people will be reflexively put off by him.

Have you seen Biden and Kamalla's approval numbers?

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to trying him out.

Revisionist history. No one ever said that about monoclonal antibodies.

No, the media and posters in here said he was doing it for one of his donors. There was a rather large thread on it where plenty of posters questioned the treatment.

Now that Desantis has shown it works widely everyone is changing their tune.

And if everyone knew it was a valid treatment, why was he the only governor to use it on a wide scale?

Should we not thank him for shedding more light on this treatment. Should we not believe Regeneron and let them produce more to save lives.

Hell, who knows how many lives would have been saved if more governors had done the same.

I don't like his odds either. He is a great Governor, but he is not much of a public speaker. He is short, fat, and has a really whiny voice. Most people will be reflexively put off by him.
People are saying he stinks too...no dice.

Agreed.
Have you seen Biden and Kamalla's approval numbers?

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to trying him out.
When Biden tanked, it was still as high or higher than Trump for most of his term and Biden has historically been much higher. De Santis is gubernatorial material much more than presidential material. I don't see the Republicans running anyone with national appeal in 2024.

Oh look, another skewed outlook which chooses to ignore a lot of facts in order to sway opinion.

I didn’t lie but don’t let that stop you. If you want to continue with your bullshitthen just don’t reply. If you do then I’ll consider this trolling. Ibuprofen has an amazing safety profile when used correctly over a few billion times. Take double the recommended dosage and it becomes toxic to the body. What don’t you understand that taking a drug over the recommended dosage changes it’s safety profile?

The vaccine has gone through and been approved for use to combat COVID and has been administered over a billion times. Ivermectin is going through a major study. You are here advocating it’s use when the results aren’t final against a vaccine that has. What in the actual fuck?

KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 4, 2021 – Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies;
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and;
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.
We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

I'm not advocating for the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid. In fact, all I have said in relation to the two was that there wasn't sufficient evidence to conclude that Ivermectin is an effective treatment or prophylaxis against Covid.

But I dont have to make stuff up or mischaracterize the drug to make that point. There are horse versions of penicillin, but when people tell me that their going to take penicillin, I don't immediately assume that they are sneaking over to the vet to get horse antibiotics.

Do you see the difference??? If you can't, you can't, but I think the difference is pretty clear. Out of all the drugs that have both a human and livestock version, why is this the one drug that everyone is assuming that people are getting the livestock version??? It doesn't make sense. It seems like a campaign to make anyone who tries anything but the vaccine seem like they are insane, instead it has the opposite effect. It makes the people coming up with these outlandish theories about horse-paste seem retarded.

Ivermectin has a safer pharmaceutical profile over the past 25 years than the vaccines have in 6 months. It has one of the best safety profiles among drugs recommended by the World Health Organization. It is on the WHO list of essential medicines. There are many online pharmacies where you can order the human version of Ivermectin without a problem; implying that there is some mass problem with people ODing on horse paste is a ridiculous lie.

You can both understand that there is not enough current data to suggest that Ivermectin is effective for Covid WITHOUT making up lies about its safety or the people who choose it as a treatment for covid.

nice knowing you.

Sweden had 14x the deaths compared to Australia with less than half the population.
And all it took was an island with no bordering countries turning into North Korea, completely ruining the entire country's quality of life, and the .5% of at risk people who've probably already died of something else in that time dying alone.

Back