Social Biden Admin cuts off flow of Covid treatments to states

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After witnessing the success Florida has had treating Covid with monoclonal antibodies, it looks like demand for them is rapidly increasing. The Biden admin has stepped in to nationalize the supply, and will prevent states from ordering more on their own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/14/monoclonal-antibodies-shortage/
“HHS will determine the amount of product each state and territory receives on a weekly basis,” an HHS spokesman said. “State and territorial health departments will subsequently identify sites that will receive product and how much.” The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe new procedures that are still being explained to communities throughout the country.

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...ion-in-covid-19-treatment-flowing-to-florida/

De Santis predicts that this change will cut the supply of antibodies to Florida by 50%. This move will result in hospitalizations and deaths, perhaps dispropritionately affecting the vaccinated that make up the majority of people currently seeking treatment in Miami, according to De Santis.

Edit: Clarified that according to De Santis, the majority of people at several sites seeking monoclonal antibodies are vaccinated.

Further edit: To put some numbers on this: Regeneron is currently making 350,000 doses per month. The entire US used 125,000 doses in August. Regeneron says that they can immediately expand production capacity if needed. Not a single state has complained about a Regeneron shortage until now. Regeneron has been filling every order on demand. Now Biden has stepped in and arbitarily cut the supply to Texas and Florida by half, despite there being no evidence of a shortage. The only justification the Whitehouse gave for this is that those states have low vaccination rates.

Last edited:
Yeah but is this because it was causing people who need it for its intended use to not be able to get it? While people with COVID could have just gotten the vaccine so cancer patients weren't getting it because COVID demand caused a shortage? Just ruminating on this, since the very thread title of the first article you posted said it was intended to stave off a shortage.

After witnessing the success Florida has had treating Covid with monoclonal antibodies, it looks like demand for them is rapidly increasing. The Biden admin has stepped in to nationalize the supply, and will prevent states from ordering more on their own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/14/monoclonal-antibodies-shortage/

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...ion-in-covid-19-treatment-flowing-to-florida/

De Santis predicts that this change will cut the supply of antibodies to Florida by 50%. This move will result in hospitalizations and deaths, primarily in the vaccinated that make up the majority of people currently receiving the treatment in Florida.

Should Florida get their fair share or should they get priority over other states? As long as the distribution is appropriate there isn't a problem with it being managed by the feds. Certainly they can be trusted more than De Santis and his administration.

I haven't seen any evidence of a problem yet. A year an a half ago I couldn't even buy elastic to sew a mask because the feds had commandeered supplies.

Got to control the narrative. Like making tests hard to come by once there's been an ultimatum to either get the shot or regularly test...

Like saying "we can't blatantly overreach so we will softly overreach through extortion"...

De Santis predicts that this change will cut the supply of antibodies to Florida by 50%. This move will result in hospitalizations and deaths, primarily in the vaccinated that make up the majority of people currently receiving the treatment in Florida.
Densantis thinks its just the flu and no big deal so why would he give a shit about unnecessary treatments like monoclonal antibodies?

I haven't seen any evidence of a problem yet. A year an a half ago I couldn't even buy elastic to sew a mask because the feds had commandeered supplies.
You just contradicted yourself in one sentence. Feds taking over always results in shortages. Everyone knows this. No one is less efficient than the US government.

They always were, which is why Biden is trying so hard to squash them.
Right. I figured by nationalizing the supply would be a clear indication to the public that it was.

Now, how much you want to bet that the left is either going to spin this and nobody will be able to use it.

Got to control the narrative. Like making tests hard to come by once there's been an ultimatum to either get the shot or regularly test...

Like saying "we can't blatantly overreach so we will softly overreach through extortion"...

Please go on,

Is this why my job told us 2-months ago mandatory vax or weekly testing and not a soul been tested once, I know very many unvaxxed at work including myself. Thos who have been jabbed are required to fill out a form and turn it in to HR.

Is it due to shortages in tests, and they are not gonna employ that policy? Was it a threat to coax more to get it? Will we eventually be swabbing our noses weekly once supplies are back?

I say fuck all the nonsense, ditch masks, mandates, and passports. We lost the battle of covid long ago and the jabs are gonna create immunity problems in the future for ya’ll. Im resisting till the end, beat covid 2x very easily and trust my health.

Back